• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Day Before has been delisted from Steam. Valve offering full refunds.

Draugoth

Gold Member

2wq9baspdq5c1.png

Bonus: Fntastic developers have deleted their social media accounts and Discord Server. Day Z devs have made a statement:

wllpiai39q5c1.png

5M4WTxg.jpg

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I'm actually impressed they were able to come clean doing such act lol
Not impressed with the Twitter deleting stuff. It's common for twitards going dark or just deleting their accounts.

Games are devolving, isn't that great?

Last edited:

Holammer

Had Steam paid the developers yet for the initial sales or is Steam going to eat this?
They won't see a penny and there were no pre-orders.

Q. When can I expect to be paid every month?
A. We pay out by the 30th of the month following sales. For example, we will pay you for calendar February month sales by March 30th. It may take a few business days for the payment to post to your bank account. In that case, you may see the payment in your bank account during the first few days of April, following the example above.

MiguelItUp

Good on Valve for refunding, sucks that they had to. Screw everyone involved with FNTASTIC, I love that they thought they could get away with some shitty excuse on social media. Everyone saw through it, so they delete everything as if they never existed. Insane.

Really shitty learning experience for Valve. Hopefully they can do something to keep this kind of behavior from happening again.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Saw Gameranx review just now and was flabbergasted what a trainwreck this game was. And then I read up about the pre-release controversy and just shook my head. What an all around disaster. I hope the people responsible for this dumpster fire gets punished accordingly.

Last edited:

Red5

If it takes Valve 30 days to pay you the money from your customers so obviously they didn't get any money out of this what sort of game are they playing? And their names are burned so they'll never sell a video game again.

I wonder if they were just biting way more than they can chew? Relying on online bought assets and stuff.

Red5

I hope not. I wonder why they didn't just hold out until the end of the month? Also their post indicates that they made some money and are spending it to repay debts...🤷‍♂️

They had 200K units sold with 95K refunds, they couldn't hold out even if they wanted to and Valve was probably going to step in with that much publicity and that many refunds.

Darchaos

The worst is that shitstreamers like for example Sacriel and Grimmz or whatever they are called played this game earlier today, and defended it and said that people should read that its actually in Early access. Then theire deranged community picked that up and fought people in chat that said this shitgame was a scam. Typical streamerbrain without any sort of spine and accountability to what they say and do.

Last edited:

skit_data

We might need a new term for whatever these guys and the Abandoned dude were doing...
"Career suicide by shitty asset flip"
or something

Last edited:

Kdad

If it takes Valve 30 days to pay you the money from your customers so obviously they didn't get any money out of this what sort of game are they playing? And their names are burned so they'll never sell a video game again.

I wonder if they were just biting way more than they can chew? Relying on online bought assets and stuff.
Rode investor money as long as they could?

timothet

Rode investor money as long as they could?
That's my guess too. They defrauded whatever money they got from investors/publisher and released this low effort asset flip of a game just to release something out of contractual obligation.
There is just no way they had good intentions and didn't plan this from the beginning.

YuLY

Took the money and ran. They are definitely going underground for awhile...maybe Steam should change policy so that this can't happen again.
They wont get anything, Valve pays after 30 days and they just stopped the game from being sold. People are also getting refunded. They probably thought they had this lil scam thought out but they actually didnt. They will probably lose money in the end, at least due to all those UE5 store assets bought. Plus not sure worth it to their reputation, I dont think any company would want them now, they had to delete their social media accounts.

Top Bottom