• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Expanse |S2| You guys look like shit - Wednesdays on Syfy

Chris R

Earth is overpopulated, Mars still isn't terraformed, Belters are stuck in space

Life seems to suck for a lot of people.

And now a big food source for the belt (and Mars?) is not looking really good...

Just finished the first book over the weekend, waiting for the local library to get the 2nd book in stock sucks!

I seem to recall the exact number being shown at some point. I think it's like 15 billion people on Earth or something (which is double what we have today, and hopefully we'll max out at 9 billion around 2030).

New episode tonight:
Here There Be Dragons

The Roci crew makes a gruesome discovery, unleashing something they can't comprehend. Bobbie makes a decision that changes her future and remakes her past, while Avasarala finally makes contact with the elusive Jules Pierre-Mao.

raindoc

New episode tonight:

The next couple of episodes should be awesome - (light book spoiler)
I think we can expect quiet some action on Ganymede
and (heavy book spoiler)
I'm willing to bet in this season's finale we'll see the launch of the ring gate.

Easily my favorite show right now, hope they keep it going past S3. Also can't wait for book #7 to arrive.

That scene with Alex was with the space chart was cool.

Edit: Oh shit! Boom.

Edit: Goddamn Amos! LOL, that was so good. Takes the grenade and tosses it back inside at them!

- Onion A|V Club review
- Losing Science in Drama (and Finding Drama in Science) (Naren Shankar on tonight's episode)
- Promo for next week's episode (please spoiler tag any discussion)

- The Churn Episode 10
Welcome to Episode 10 of The Churn, our post-show podcast about The Expanse. Each week during Season 2, The Expanse creators Ty Franck and Daniel Abraham (who you all know as James SA Corey) and Syfy Wire's resident The Expanse superfans -- Fangrrls Managing Editor Cher Martinetti and Editor-in-Chief Adam Swiderski -- take a deep dive into the latest episode.

As Prax, Holden, and crew continue the search for Prax's daughter, Bobbie accepts the truth about Mars and the protomolecule, and enters a new alliance. Meanwhile, Naomi chooses a path different from Holden's, though no less risky. Showrunner Naren Shankar joins us to talk about his favorite moments from the show, Season 3, and a hidden Easter Egg fans have yet to discover.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's cute when you can see how they redressed Toronto to make it look like future New York. Roy Thompson Hall is probably the one building that sort of looks futuristic now because the rest of downtown has turned into glass condos.

I love all the scenes they do with Alex and The Rocinante. They are always just fascinating to watch. Both how he acts like it's a person and how the ships VI/Technology reacts to his commands.

KeRaSh

Finally had time to finish book 3 during my vacation last week. Immediately dove into book 4.

Season 1 ended before the end of book 1 if I recall correctly. How far does season 2 go? Is that already known?
I'll binge through this season as soon as it ends.
Wasn't really that amazed by S01 because of the changes they made but will keep watching this to compare the visuals to what I imagined while reading the books.

Rolfgang

That was an amazing episode again. Amos stealing the show for the 100th time, Alex having some quality time with Roci and Gunny kicking ass.

But oh boy, those were some dumb fucking scientists. You would think that people with high intelligence would remember to lock the door or to cook the grenade at least.

And I'm not sure if hunting a murdersmurf is really smart either, Holden...

Moff

that was a spectacular episode

sometimes trashy, but I loved everything, political stuff, badass stuff, science stuff, monster stuff, ship stuff. good times.

BhN9Z5g.gif

Midas

I'm really glad I gave this show a second chance. Didn't like what I saw at first with S01E01, but oh how it turned around.

After 2 slower episodes this one was running on stims! I loved the scene where Alex gravity slingshots around half a dozen planets, that was just so beautiful and made me wish I had a MCRN spaceship :(

Bobby is starting to grow on me, her takedown of the captain was beautiful.

The two doctors (bad guys) were great too, they both simultaneously were so menacing for no reason and so "weird" around Mei. Great acting in those scenes. The guy doc reminded me a lot of Mark Hamill for some reason.

2 episodes left, show is on fire. I hope more and more people watch, be sure to tweet out stuff with #TheExpanse etc hashtags as that really does help drive awareness of the show among those who track that kind of data

It just finally hit me this episode that the Martians have a character named Martens. Author must have really had some writer's block the day he needed a name there.

Morts

Naomi leaving seemed really abrupt, no? And Holden just telling Amos to go leaves him with half a crew.

And the Roci zooming past like four moons in seconds seemed a little cartoony. I dunno, maybe they are that close together.

Everything else was awesome.

Moff

If I was Holden I would have called Amos back after spotting that blue motherfucker through the window

GavinUK86

I'm gonna be real annoyed if they don't end Season 2 the way Book 2 ended.

"We need to talk".

They won't even get anywhere near that in 2 more episodes.

I think it'll end with
Ava and Bobbie arresting Jules and the Roci crew exposing the army of proto soldiers. Perhaps it'll show Venus is communicating with them too and Venus dismantling the exploration ship into pieces

I can see Season 3 including
the gate

It just finally hit me this episode that the Martians have a character named Martens. Author must have really had some writer's block the day he needed a name there.

Martens is a somewhat common Dutch last name. I suspect the diaspora element of Mars and the belt are the (better) reason for the name.

also, wtf were those scientists thinking with that grenade? Talk about a backfire. :|

Jackpot

Banned
We're not talking about Naomi revealing she had a son? Noticed the strange beat when she was asked "do you have kids" in the previous episode.

Naomi leaving seemed really abrupt, no?

They've had 3 close-ups of her clear displeasure as Holden does something morally questionable in the name of stopping the protomolecule.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm very slowly catching up with this season, but so far I'm loving it. My only concerns are Miller's death (where the show deviated way too much from the usual tone for my taste) and that one speech by Avasarala. Other than that it's been pure fire and a marked improvement over S1.

Also, ArsTechnica is hosting the Decrypted podcast series around this show, for those interested. Not so long ago they invited Wes Chatham (Amos) to it to talk ethics.

_Ryo_

Wait. Season two has more than 9 episode? I stopped watching cause I assumed the season ended. This explains a lot. Lol. How many epa are there?

Anyway. One of the best shows on TV and absolutely th best Sci fi show since firefly.

I dunno when I'm gonna watch 11 now though. Hmm.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Wait. Season two has more than 9 episode? I stopped watching cause I assumed the season ended. This explains a lot. Lol. How many epa are there?

Anyway. One of the best shows on TV and absolutely th best Sci fi show since firefly.

I dunno when I'm gonna watch 11 now though. Hmm.

Steejee

Amos and the grenade and Draper's scene with the Captain took the cake for me this week.

I geeked out a little at the gravity-assist routing plan around the moons.

Love this series, but I do think I'll hold off on reading the books til it ends.

Top Bottom