• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Expanse |S2| You guys look like shit - Wednesdays on Syfy

TDLink

https://www.wired.com/2017/03/geeks-guide-the-expanse-2/

Meanwhile absolute trash fest shows continue to get multiple seasons.

That seems like pure conjecture based on it having low ratings at this point. SyFy wouldn't make a decision on 4th season renewal until next year. It only just got the third.

Yes it's logical if the ratings don't get better it wouldn't continue. But ratings were trash so far this year and it still got another season. Anything can happen. Domestic live ratings aren't everything.

Rolfgang

Netflix, Hulu or Amazon ought to pick it up if SyFy cancels. I don't think Syfy channel handles high budget shows well. Every single one of my favorite shows on SyFy channel has never made it beyond a 3rd season. I really hope Expanse is an exception.

It wouldn't surprise me if Netflix picked it up in that scenario, as they already brand it as a Netflix Original in Europe.

New episode tonight:
Cascade

Holden leads his crew through the war-torn and failing station on Ganymede. Errinwright and Avasarala have a confrontation that changes their relationship forever, and Bobbie discovers a side of Earth that shakes her basic understanding of her enemy.

Finally show time. Love this show!

OMG LOL Amos.
That pause and then "I don't know".
Interesting stuff with Bobbie.

"We're gonna rebuild this place." Uh huh, sure heh.

That seems like pure conjecture based on it having low ratings at this point. SyFy wouldn't make a decision on 4th season renewal until next year. It only just got the third.

Yes it's logical if the ratings don't get better it wouldn't continue. But ratings were trash so far this year and it still got another season. Anything can happen. Domestic live ratings aren't everything.

Here's hoping. This show is awesome. Also, not that it ever helps since the ratings things don't care but I always feel like us sci-fi fans are underrepresented in these "ratings boxes".

Oh my. Voluntary confession time. Gotta say, I did not see that coming.

Edit: "I'd forgotten how it felt to be fighting for the good guys again, I like it, it's nice!" LOL, love it!
Even funnier since it's that actor lol.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I bought season 2 on amazon prime to support the show, how long till the newest episode is uploaded?

Damn...
But that was a great scene with him and Amos discussing the station.

LOL Alex, now's not the time.

Dat ocean.

Damn, great preview! (maybe even showed a bit too much, heh)

I bought season 2 on amazon prime to support the show, how long till the newest episode is uploaded?

I think it's usually the following day, but not sure.

- Blastr podcast for this week
Welcome to Episode 8 of The Churn, our post-show podcast about The Expanse. Each week during Season 2, The Expanse creators Ty Franck and Daniel Abraham (who you all know as James SA Corey) and Syfy Wire's resident The Expanse superfans -- Fangrrls Managing Editor Cher Martinetti and Editor-in-Chief Adam Swiderski -- take a deep dive into the latest episode.

We're only a few weeks away from the Season 2 finale, and the tension and pace show no sign of letting up. After testifying about the events on Ganymede, Bobbie Draper pulls a jailbreak and takes to the streets in search of the ocean. When she finally finds it, Avasarala finds her and drops some hard-hitting truth in her lap. Meanwhile, Holden and crew enlist a chicken-loving weirdo to help track down Prax's daughter. Actor Shawn Doyle joins us to talk about Errinwright's current situation and where he goes from here.

Moff

Book 2 Spoilers
I never understood what "Caliban" in Caliban's War referred to, was "project caliban" ever mentioned in the book? I don't even remember the creatures being mars experiments.

DBT85

Caught up with a couple of episodes last night that I'd missed and watched with subs for the first time. Actually made my life a little easier.

suzu

Book 2 Spoilers
I never understood what "Caliban" in Caliban's War referred to, was "project caliban" ever mentioned in the book? I don't even remember the creatures being mars experiments.

Caliban is referring to the deformed human from The Tempest (Shakespeare). I don't recall if they ever say the name of the project, but I'm pretty sure the protomolecule experiments were Mao-Kwikowski and some UN (Errinwright) in the book? Mars doesn't come into play for a long while. The show has pretty much changed the Errinwright character though, among many other things.

Oh god, the drug dealer doctor gave some Kara Thrace flashback...

yeah, I hope that's not a thing they're going for and it's just Bobby blanking out for a bit, since she did the movement faster.

Nice episode though. Amos and Chen work well together. Not sure if that 'looking through plants' was really a good shot, but it had reason to be there.
Also that totally unrelated "because we can" scene with busdriver (Alex) was beautiful.

Spl1nter

Book 2 spoilers
Caliban is referring to the deformed human from The Tempest (Shakespeare). I don't recall if they ever say the name of the project, but I'm pretty sure the protomolecule experiments were Mao-Kwikowski and some UN (Errinwright) in the book? Mars doesn't come into play for a long while. The show has pretty much changed the Errinwright character though, among many other things.

I think Errinwirght is going to still be on Mao's side. They are just working towards it differently for how Avasarala is surprised by the deception and ends up working with Bobbie and on Mao's yacht.

Vids from Syfy
- Inside the Expanse: Season 2, Episode 10
- Episode 11 Sneak Peek (please spoiler tag any discussion)
- Panel: Science of the Expanse (an hour and a half discussion)
The Science and Entertainment Exchange, which is part of the National Academy of Sciences, recently hosted a panel with real life scientists - as well as the cast and producers of the Expanse - to highlight the real life science the show features.
- 360º Arboghast Set Tour with Shohreh Aghdashloo

Backlogger

I'm not sold on Draper. She's not as good as the book version, in fact she comes across like a bratty child at times.

She'll come around.
She doesn't really come around in the books until she starts working with Avasarala and in the TV show we got to meet her much earlier on

I'm not sold on Draper. She's not as good as the book version, in fact she comes across like a bratty child at times.

In a recent podcast the book writers (who are on the show writing staff) said that Draper is one of the majorly changed characters from the books to the show because they want to show the journey of the character and her transformation. When you think about it a bit more it makes sense, it gives a good peek for the audience into some of the side stories they can't really spend time on that help us understand how different Martians are from Earthers, why Bobby may be different from many of them, and the journey her character takes will undoubtedly not only make her character richer but expose some of the side and back stories that are easier to do in book chapters but not so much on TV.

Jackpot

Banned

It doesn't help that she's short-changed on scenes. First there was the 3 week gap where they didn't show her at all after introducing her, and then she's left on the sidelines complaining about the ocean or earthers. If she was somehow magically inserted into the return to Ganymede her stock would rise simply through the more intense story.

Rolfgang

Goddamn, Amos keeps on killing it. And people of course, but mostly his awesome performance. I also love his interactions with Prax.

Finally getting the story going now on Earth, with Avasarala and Errinwright as buddies. Not sure what to think of that doctor tough, couldn't make out if he was a mental image of Draper, a real and honest guy or one of those guys who offer to take a picture of you and run off with your camera.

Also, why the hell did I think until today that Errinwright was played by Peter Serafinowicz? XD

jerry113

Banned
I'm glad we finally got to see the life of an average Earther. There's some truth behind the propaganda that Earth and Mars have about each other.

- Let's Do The Science of The Expanse S02E10 "Cascade" (video)
Examining the science behind The Expanse Season 2, Episode 10 "Cascade". Careful for spoilers! Commentary on depictions of science in this week's episode related to Hydroponic Farming, Moving and Fighting in low gravity, and some estimates on the Geography of New York City in the Future.

So is this season over? Do we know when we can expect season 3?
Three more episodes this season. I would expect S3 sometime during the first half of 2018.

Top Bottom