• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Destination series - Is this supposed to scare me or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the first one, laughed my ass off at something the coroner/Death said, then walked out because it was just so absurd.

So my roommate calls me into the den last night, and he has stumbled across the last 30 minutes or so of the sequel. And once again, I find absolutely nothing scary about this movie, in fact, continuing to laugh my ass off, especially the guy who find his death via a fence.

So were these movies supposed to be scary, or just funny as hell?

And for fans of the flicks, they're working on the third one, according to imdb dot com.

OmniGamer

I saw the first one in the movies and went in not knowing what to expect and was pretty tense...it sure as hell made me paranoid on the way home. I saw the second one recently on cable(despite having downloaded it a long ass time ago), and this time around it was pretty silly. I enjoyed it, but you know to just wait for the next gruesome death to happen and wonder what shock-tactic they'll use. The acting was pretty shitty though, especially that lame ass "cop". T.C. played a very annoying and typical "we black people don't buy this shit" role...and the rest were equal cardboard cutouts....wasted druggie, prissy career chick, etc.

I love the scene in the second one in the dentist's office, where you're thinking of all the gross and disturbing things they're going to do...and then....

the guy leaves and gets squished by a falling pane of glass!

My friend left the room when he saw that the scene took place in a dentist's office. :)

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Final Destination II opened my eyes to how amazing DTS is compared to DPLII. The opening highway scene sounds a lil' too real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom