• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV on Xbox will Require Game Pass Core or Ultimate Subscription in Addition to the Game's Own Subscription

clarky

Gold Member
What am I using what for? Are you asking me why I own an Xbox?

Because I really wanted one, so I bought it. I use it allllll the time, and my library has hundreds of games. Just because it's not something you understand, doesn't mean it's like this weird/outrageous thing. You seem to think the only value in owning an Xbox is in having a premium subscription, and I'm telling you you're wrong. Plain and simple
Calm down. Just saying that your in the very small minority of Xbox only gamers who doesn't play online nor subs to the best deal in gaming (tm).

graywolf323

This is worse. Existing players can't play the beta.

Existing FINAL FANTASY XIV Players​

Players who already have the Free Trial version for a different platform or a FINAL FANTASY XIV license registered to their Square Enix account will be unable to participate in the open beta test. We ask any players, who wish to play FINAL FANTASY XIV on Xbox with an existing Square Enix account and its associated characters, to please wait until the full Xbox launch after the open beta test concludes.
honestly their system has always been rather broken in this regard, like I can’t play the free trial because I beta tested it on PS4 way back in the day… their account system is shit

tusharngf

giphy-downsized-large.gif

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Not many are going to want to pay two subscription fees for one game. Not to mention having to buy base game and the purchase of separate expansions.

Phil has no idea what he's doing man. Wow! What's happening over there.

I was going to say that I thought only F2P games were allowed to wave the need for the online subscription (on console)... but I also can't think of any other console MMOs other than FF14 either.

WoW is still going at this point, correct? But it's not on console?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Bumping this thread to update.

The free trial version (the one that goes to level 70) does *NOT* require game pass.

Other Requirements to Play​

• Xbox Game Pass (Core or Ultimate) is required to play. The Free Trial does not require Xbox Game Pass. FINAL FANTASY XIV is not a Game Pass library title.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Free Trial
Play for free up to level 70 and experience the main scenario quests and content from A Realm Reborn, and the Heavensward and Stormblood expansions with no restrictions on play time. Certain in-game restrictions apply.

Last edited:

omegasc

The free trial version (the one that goes to level 70) does *NOT* require game pass.

• Xbox Game Pass (Core or Ultimate) is required to play. The Free Trial does not require Xbox Game Pass. FINAL FANTASY XIV is not a Game Pass library title.

Play for free up to level 70 and experience the main scenario quests and content from A Realm Reborn, and the Heavensward and Stormblood expansions with no restrictions on play time. Certain in-game restrictions apply.
still weird, but at least people can try it. And they should, as it is a great game!

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

Trials don't usually require subscriptions anyway. So kinda expected.

But the main game requires the sub, right? May negatively affect game sales.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Trials don't usually require subscriptions anyway. So kinda expected.

But the main game requires the sub, right? May negatively affect game sales.

Maybe.

But considering the 'free trial' includes the entire main game and 2 of its expansions, I think most people will probably have gotten their fill of the game with just that hundred hours of content.

Top Bottom