• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards Confirmed for 2020, Will be Entirely Online

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In a year where gaming events all over the globe have been canceled or repurposed in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, questions surrounding the status of The Game Awards for 2020 were still in the air. Fortunately, the show’s iconic host and producer has today come out and confirmed that the annualized awards show will be returning this year, but as expected, it’ll be a bit different.

In a new conversation with IGN, The Game Awards’ own Geoff Keighley confirmed that the show will indeed transpire later this year. Keighley said that he has been asked quite a bit about the event in recent months and verified that it won’t be delayed at all. While not committing to a specific date, this seems to indicate that The Game Awards will take place in December just as it does every year.

However, even though TGA will occur this year, it obviously will not be doing so with thousands of people in attendance. Instead, Keighley has said it will take place entirely online. And while that might make the show naturally seem smaller in scope, Keighley has said the opposite is actually true. “We’ll share more in the coming weeks about it, but it’s actually probably going to be our biggest show yet,” Keighley said. He also went on to say that this year’s show will also still be live and won’t be pre-recorded.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be WORLD PREMIERED to you.

Pope-and-Kojima.png

Humdinger

That's cool. I didn't watch the last one, but I might tune in to this one. For some reason, I thought we already had a Game Awards show this year. Doesn't seem like that long ago.

Quasicat

I usually watch TGAs for the exclusive game announcements. As long as that’s a thing this year, I’ll be watching.

DonF

Cool. We've gotten pretty good reveals at tga. Of the top of my head, series x, bayoneta and Metroid prime 4.

I'm hyped .

No need to watch. Cyberpunk 2077 will grab all awards including GOTY.

They probably shoving G Keighley somewhere in the game as well to get favors out of him.

Last edited:

GymWolf

So no cringy stuff? If dorito boy keep his presence to a minimum maybe i will watch this for the first time in my life...

Last edited:

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Lol nah CP2077 will definitely be at TGA, unless they decided to create their own awards show.
Cut off date for awards is nov 15 and cyberpunk releases the 19th potentially if not delayed again. Geoff did say they may extend it but nothing set in stone yet.

also tlou p2 will take goty

DonF

So no cringy stuff? If dorito boy keep his presence to a minimum maybe i will watch this for the first time in my life...
Since it's going full digital, my bet is that it will be mostly Dorito Pope featuring some trailers and award presenters.

GymWolf

To hand out to people like you sure, i go out of my way to pick up extra for those "special" kinds
lol dude, i only said that i hate the cringy stuff from the past editions and that i can't stand dorito boy, what of my arguments touched you in your little private space? you can show me the exact point on one of the dolls you won by crushing the balls of other users for stupid stuff like that...

GtrL.gif

Last edited:

Dorohedoro

Cant wait to see this forum when tlou p2 wins, ill bring the popcorn for the salt and meltdowns
TLoU2 at TGA:

Dm0M7P8.gif

Won't be able to tell the difference between this place and Ree if it wins lmao. The haters' only hope is for CP2077 to meet the cutoff date and that's assuming it doesn't get delayed for months once again anyway.

...Unless they chicken out and give the award to some bullshit like Animal Crossing because they're afraid of pissing off the same cunts who kept sending death theats and other abuse to Neil/other actors from the game/devs.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
lol dude, i only said that i hate the cringy stuff from the past editions and that i can't stand dorito boy, what of my arguments touched you in your little private space? you can show me the exact point on one of the dolls you won by crushing the balls of other users for stupid stuff like that...

GtrL.gif
This is just fucked up in more ways than one, you took this convo from a ten to a thousand and went off a bridge....

GymWolf

This is just fucked up in more ways than one, you took this convo from a ten to a thousand and went off a bridge....
dude it's a common joke here (and in many comedies), like i said, calm your tits, you started this, not me, don't get offended, it was never my intention.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

I think Geoff has done s great job on the game awards show in general but... Does he come off as very unlikeable as an interviewer to anyone else?

Just comes off as pissed off the whole time.

carlosrox

Banned
Never heard of COVID before.

Tell me more.

Yeah we get it, everything is on fucking Zoom nowadays. Webcams were invented in 2020.

🙄

Top Bottom