• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Good Fight |OT| Nasty Women - Sundays on CBS All Access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh thank gawd. Though honestly I'd prefer a full 22 episode run to make the characters/plotlines shine. Like, it didn't feel rushed, just kind of brief and one note (as firehawk mentioned). They could do so much more given some actual space.

My biggest wish for next season is that they give Lucca something to do beyond just retreading Kalinda's old storylines. It's unbearable. Surely they could find something better to do with her.

And yeah, I enjoyed the show a lot overall. Adrian rawks.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They should just get rid of Maia's story entirely. Have her go to jail and have her be as forgotten as Alicia. lol

Pixieking

Banned
Yeah, not really feeling Maia's story-line, nor her parent's. A lot could be done with them - especially as her dad is portrayed as a fairly complex character - but it just seemed to be very meh. Maybe they don't really want to create sympathy for a Madoff-style character? Or they want to, but fear the reaction?

Anyways, finally got over the hump that was the Milo-episode, and now finished it. Pretty good, but, yeah, needs more episodes to help flesh out characters and motivations more.

Hoping for more Gary Cole in the next season. :D

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm fine with Lucca as the new Kalinda, the actress can pull it off. As long as there's no ice cream it's fine.

Maia needs a reboot. Her storyline often keeps her isolated from the rest of the cast, and in general it's just hard to root for a character who seems so meek/mousy. She's fun when she's a little more assertive. Alicia may have been a little over her head in the early seasons of TGW but I didn't feel like people walked over her.

The main men in the show (Bartha, Lindo, Cole) are great without overshadowing the women. They've already said they plan on giving Erica Tazel something to do next season which is good.

Hrm, I never really thought of the Maia-Alicia parallels until now--in spite of how much they push her, I don't really get the sense that she's the main character. The biggest problem is that Maia is like a season behind the audience in terms of what's happening in the Rindell scandal, so her whole "catch up" and personal revelations aren't particularly engaging. It's like they should have had the episode 10 revelations in episode 3 or something.

It doesn't help that Maia has such a tangential connection to the firm/rest of the cast. She could be working anywhere else and it would feel the same; it's like they're helping her out due to personal duty (for some reason) more than anything. There's no sense that her presence has impact the way Alicia's did for the old firm.

Maia's fine when not dealing with Rindell stuff, though.

Taruranto

http://webm.land/media/PVqF.webm

This was very good! It felt like a return to the old TGW. I'm warning up to Maia, her story has parallels with Alicia's, but I like the more modern take on it.

I'm still not very sold on Lucca, I don't know if it's the actress or the material, but she's like just... there for me.

ZeroX03

Banned

Pixieking

Banned
Audra McDonald Joins The Good Fight as Series Regular in Season 2
Michael Boatman and Nyambi Nyambi Promoted To Series Regular

She played Liz Lawrence in S4 of The Good Wife and her character is being soft retconned as Adrian's ex-wife. To be honest I don't remember her, although I recognize the face. The two promoted actors are Julius Cain and the firm's investigator. The show now also has a majority black principal cast (which makes perfect sense given the setting).

Great news about Boatman and Nyambi - I always felt Julius was underused in TGW, and the investigator is an interesting character in his own right, as well as making a good foil for Marissa. Looking forward to S2 even more now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom