• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hobbit - Casting, Pre-production, Post-production News And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

I really think they need to recast Saruman. It could kill Christopher Lee off if he goes over there and works those long hours, he looked so ill last night :(

Lily said:
I really think they need to recast Saruman. It could kill Christopher Lee off if he goes over there and works those long hours, he looked so ill last night :(
It was his call to do this because he felt he was able. Maybe a sense of obligation is driving him but he's not a sit-around kind of guy, never has been; I think he really just likes working still.

Lily

BobTheFork said:
It was his call to do this because he felt he was able. Maybe a sense of obligation is driving him but he's not a sit-around kind of guy, never has been; I think he really just likes working still.

perhaps he is ruling with his heart and not his head. the poor guy couldnt even walk or hold up his award last night.

Lily said:
perhaps he is ruling with his heart and not his head. the poor guy couldnt even walk or hold up his award last night.
There's a good chance of that. I didn't see him so I can't tell, but that doesn't sound good. You know they will film his scenes first off or very early in the shot though.

BobTheFork said:
There's a good chance of that. I didn't see him so I can't tell, but that doesn't sound good. You know they will film his scenes first off or very early in the shot though.

Yeah. His speech was very slow, he walked on incredibly slowly and he couldn't hold up the award. Jonathan Ross had to come on to take it from him. Was pretty heartbreaking really.

Lily said:

Maybe they'll CG his head onto another actor for the movement scenes, and just use him mostly for face-acting and voice stuff.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
John Dunbar said:
He has directed one movie after Munich.
By my count its two. Not that it really affects your argument.

tomvek

Stephen Fry Confirmed For ‘The Hobbit’

Some more HOBBIT casting news today. As we near the end of our first shooting block (we have a break in less than three weeks to get some editing and visual effects work done, plus prepare for very big scenes coming up), we are looking at characters featuring in sequences that take place a little later in the story.

We are thrilled to confirm that Stephen Fry will be playing The Master of Laketown. I've known Stephen for several years, and we're developing a DAMBUSTERS movie together. In addition to his writing skills, he's a terrific actor and will create a very memorable Master for us.

The Master's conniving civil servant, Alfrid will be played by Ryan Gage. Ryan is a great young actor who we originally cast in a small role, but we liked him so much, we promoted him to the much larger Alfrid part.

Last, and certainly not least, is Conan Stevens, who will be playing an Orc called Azog (Orcs are never called Roger or Dennis for some strange reason). And yes that's his name—Conan! Isn't that cool? Azog is played by Conan! Here's a photo of Conan and I together... I'm pretty tall, probably at least 6'5" or 6'6" I would guess, so that gives you some clue how tall Conan is!
http://www.facebook.com/notes/peter-jackson/hobbit-casting-news/10150257180211558

Awesome!

So lets see we have a big name director returning years later to make a set of prequels to the high grossing hugely popular trilogy that made him famous and everyone is super hyped for it.....

GeorgeLucas.jpg

deja vu

Kifimbo

Anticitizen One said:
So lets see we have a big name director returning years later to make a set of prequels to the high grossing hugely popular trilogy that made him famous and everyone is super hyped for it.....

GeorgeLucas.jpg

deja vu

It's only 5-10 years later. And it's based on an existing story written by the same guy (Tolkien). With the same team (Jackson, Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens, WETA, not to mention the actors/characters).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom