• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The House of the Dead 4 location test in Japan

neo2046

http://www.kobayan.jp/

the Japan arcade webpage says that
there will be a location test of The House of the Dead 4 at July 2,3

- new ac board
- wide screen
- upgraded graphics
- more zombies in one screen
- auto fire machine gun / Grenade be the main weapons
- routes selectable

segasonic

' The house of the dead 4' locationtest in "Ikebukuro GIGO" 2 day - 3 day opening

Finally the up-to-date work is appearance. Don't you think? it is after 3 years. With being the case that it is said, you played promptly. The point is lifted when,

Weapon from shot cancer/gun "of 3" modification to machine-gun. It keeps pulling the trigger with it fires. When the cancer/gun it can tilt little bit, it is リロード. In addition the button due to the cancer/gun, when this is pushed, the grenade is thrown. When you compare to the shot cancer/gun, after all it has become light.

The monitor became wide type. When it compares with "3", considerably breadth has become wide.

The baseplate seems that becomes new. Concretely, it is not understood yet. As for logograph you see in the frame and do not hit and, looking at the title picture, and the like, there were no kind of any which are recognized.
But it is the favor, or furthermore being able to express beautiful and weird graphics than the previous production it is. And, than as many as the number of zombies who appear in one picture "3" increases.

There is route selection previous production in the same way and halfway. In addition, it is inserted on occasion the scene which mounds the story stage first including.
Is not attention even in the story surface, whether the being connected of the previous production how has become, probably will be?

Was it the same as the video that Sega showed at E3 2005, with their next-generation teaser video? Same game? Or something different?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
ToyMachine228 said:
Was it the same as the video that Sega showed at E3 2005, with their next-generation teaser video? Same game? Or something different?

it sounds like the same game to me.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
oh fuck yes

this game is gonna rock

there were so many damn zombies on 1 screen during the E3 closed doors preview

after ghost squad and now this, i am now a sega lightgun fanboy again

sprsk

Wario64 said:
but do light guns work on high def tvs?

well, there was one at e3 it worked with a webcam thing it wasnt that bad actually.

i assume someone will create a new fangled light gun for next gen consoles...

With Sega still making arcade games, there is still a reason to go to the arcades! Can't wait to try this out. Now, please, please make Afterburner a reality!

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
nextgeneration said:
With Sega still making arcade games, there is still a reason to go to the arcades! Can't wait to try this out. Now, please, please make Afterburner a reality!

Afterburner is very much a reality.....in fact, it looked further along than any other game in the closed door Sega video....

You did see Shog's video, right?

It had a mech game, Afterburner Next-gen, a next Get Virtua Fighter demo, this house of the dead game and, best of all, a great looking sonic game...

You did see Shog's video, right?

I actually was able to see this at E3. Afterburner looked killer. I meant to say I hope that the footage that was shown from E3 was actual arcade footage. If not, that footage will eventually turn out to be a real game, as Sega never specified that these were taken from actual games...just hinted that you would see them earlier than you think.

Fuck House of the Dead, I want a new Typing of the dead, now that was awesome.

totd3.jpg

Who wouldn't want to kill zombies with a keyboard.

the original Model 2C arcade House Of The Dead is still my favorite, by far -
even over NAOMI ~ DC HOTD2 or Chihiro ~ Xbox HOTD3

1HOTD1.jpg

1HOTD2.jpg

1HOTD3.jpg

1HOTD4.jpg

1HOTD5.jpg

Red Scarlet said:
Where's HotD 3? Didn't know a 3 was out.

House Of The Dead 3: Chihiro (Xbox) based arcade and Xbox home console.

from like 2002-2003

it was pretty decent, but not completely awesome. but definitally a must have if you are into light gun games like I am. pretty much the best light gun game out on Xbox, which isnt saying much, though, honestly.

I might be mistaken but I think that Sega had made or was making a more cartoon like version of HOTD3 (cel shaded? i dont know) but then they scrapped it for the more realistic look.

jarrod

Banned
HotD3 also saw a JP only PC release. They should really consider a PS2 port, it'd probably sell a good 200-300k worldwide.

123rl

Any screens or good footage of HOTD4? I have the dodgy clip from E3 but I wondered if there was anything better

The game looks sweet though...can't wait to play this :D

black_13

Banned
Cold Shadow said:

totd3.jpg

:lol I'm playing that game now and it's so damn fun. My typing speed has increased tremendously. No other game has helped me in real life like Typing of the Dead.

Hotsuma

TheJollyCorner said:
was HotD3 the cell-shaded one? :lol

Couldn't you just google House of the Dead 3?

What is Sega's newest arcade set-up based on this time? Are they doing a Chihiro 2, or is this something non-console based?

Just fucking googling everything would defeat the purpose of 'forum interaction', wouldn't it?

How hard is it to say "yes" or "no"? Snide little shit...

Jeffahn

Hotsuma said:
Couldn't you just google House of the Dead 3?

What is Sega's newest arcade set-up based on this time? Are they doing a Chihiro 2, or is this something non-console based?

HotD was cell-shaded at one stage, IIRC.

All indications are that Sega's new arcade board is based on Imagination Technologie's/PowerVR's Series 5.

SEGA and Imagination Technologies Announce Licensing Agreement
SEGA Licenses High-End PowerVR Graphics Technology for Advanced Arcade Systems
------------------------------------------

18 March 2004

London, UK: Imagination Technologies [LSE:IMG], a leader in system-on-chip intellectual property (SoC IP), and SEGA CORPORATION [TSE:7964] today announce a licensing agreement between the companies for the development of next generation arcade systems based on new high-end PowerVR graphics technology.

SEGA, the leader in the arcade market, will use a new high-performance PowerVR graphics processor as the basis of its future arcade systems. SEGA may also supply system boards based on this processor to other leading amusement game companies.

Says Hiroshi Yagi, Corporate Officer in AM Product R&D Division, SEGA CORPORATION: “The inherent benefits of PowerVR, which are well known to SEGA, will be utilized to deliver interactive experiences that will amaze gamers worldwide and continue SEGA’s legacy of innovation and excellence. SEGA’s new arcade platform, which will be at the forefront of Sega’s current board strategy across all video game genres, will deliver cutting edge gaming, exceeding any other videogame system in the world.”

Says John Metcalfe, VP Business Development, Imagination Technologies: “We are thrilled to once again be cooperating with SEGA at the forefront of video gaming. Together we have already proven our excellence in arcade games with the Naomi family, and it is safe to say that once again gamers will be looking eagerly to the arcades to see where the future of video gaming lies.”

SEGA previously utilised PowerVR technology as the basis of its Naomi and Naomi2 arcade platforms, which were employed not only by SEGA but also by many of the other leading amusement game companies.

About SEGA CORPORATION

SEGA(R) Corporation is a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home, encompassing consumer business, amusement machine sales and amusement centre operations. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SEGA(R) Corporation's Web site is located at http://sega.jp.

M3wThr33

Banned
I'm interested, but sadly put off because I know it won't ever be put on a console I'd purchase.

The Xbox has three light gun games:
Starsky & Hutch (On the PS2)
The House of The Dead 3 (On the PC, soon, I think)
Silent Scope Complete (Only version with light-gun support. :( Konami hates the PS2 or something.)

Edit:
If you own ALL 3 for the Xbox, I'd like it if you could append something to my gun list.
http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=44254

Speaking of which...Can someone link me to that next-gen teaser that Sega showed at E3 2005? I never got around to watching it.

dbish

Cold Shadow said:

totd3.jpg

FUCK YES. I recently got a dreamcast used and also picked up Typing of the Dead for 99 cents on a whimsy. But, after searching Amazon, I found 2 keyboards for like 10 bucks each, and I gotta say, TIME OF MY LIFE.

A sequel would rock.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Whad up, fuckaz? I'll go check it out on Monday night, but I don't know if it'll still be on test. I missed the original Outrun2 location test by 24 hours :(

Sho Nuff said:
Whad up, fuckaz? I'll go check it out on Monday night, but I don't know if it'll still be on test. I missed the original Outrun2 location test by 24 hours :(

I shall pass my powers of sneaky videography onto you so we can have some footage to talk about! :D

Jeffahn

Could anyone playing the test version in Japan please try to confirm what board is being used? Look for logos in the game and on the cabinet. As much info/pix as possible, please!

sprsk

so does this confirm the virtua fighter footage as being test footage from segas new arcade board or what?

Top Bottom