• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The House of the Dead 4 location test in Japan

M3wThr33

Banned
With my first million I AM going to get one of those cabinets.

Reminds me, I need to unlock the rest of the stuff in TC3.

bloke

House of the Dead 4 may be the most visually impressive arcade game ever made, but it seems to be a step below the visual splendor we've seen from some of the finer upcoming PS3 and Xbox 360 titles. Aside from the massive number of detailed zombies on screen, the most striking visual improvements can be attributed to the switch to high resolution and the use of a high definition monitor. House of the Dead 3 looks last generation in comparison.

Unfortunately, we couldn't determine the arcade board that runs House of the Dead 4. We presume Sega will make an announcement at an upcoming arcade show, and the reign of Naomi, System 246, Chihiro and Triforce will come to an end.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/631/631053p1.html

M3wThr33 said:
I'm interested, but sadly put off because I know it won't ever be put on a console I'd purchase.

The Xbox has three light gun games:
Starsky & Hutch (On the PS2)
The House of The Dead 3 (On the PC, soon, I think)
Silent Scope Complete (Only version with light-gun support. :( Konami hates the PS2 or something.)

Edit:
If you own ALL 3 for the Xbox, I'd like it if you could append something to my gun list.
http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=44254

Isn't HOTD2 included with HOTD3 as an unlockable? That would make 4 for the Xbox then...

COCKLES

being watched
I hated HOTD2...thought it was shite, venice setting just didn't gel for me.

HOTD3 is underrated in the series, the encounter with the giant Sloth boss in the cage is pretty mind boggling to behold.

I am also wondering what type of gun system they are using to work on those HD monitors. That's one thing that could keep games like this from the home.

M3wThr33

Banned
BlackClouds said:
I am also wondering what type of gun system they are using to work on those HD monitors. That's one thing that could keep games like this from the home.
Probably just thicker pass bands for the "flash."

Heck, it might even be easier now that a lot of it won't be interlaced.

Edit:
GameFaqs seems to confirm HOTD2 is in HOTD3. That's nice, but I'll probably never get an Xbox. (Crazy Taxi 3 has all 3 and you can mix and match characters between games.)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The gun that you use to play has one cool feature aside from a trigger. A sensor inside the gun can determine when the gun is being shaken. You'll often have to shake the gun in order to get out of situations, usually when an enemy has grabbed hold of you. The game seems to be capable of sensing how hard you're shaking the gun, so shaking hard is the way to go. This is a fun new play mechanic -- hopefully no one will get hurt.

woo, melee attacks in a light gun game!

Hotsuma

BlackClouds said:
Isn't HOTD2 included with HOTD3 as an unlockable? That would make 4 for the Xbox then...

HOTD2 was included with 3. Is the PC version of HOTD1 worth tracking down?

Rlan

Did ANYBODY know this game was being made aside from the "Next Gen" footage from E3?

I mean, shit, they usually ANNOUNCE a game before releasing it to the public.

Troidal

I knew this was being developed but couldn't talk about it (no I don't work at Sega).

Location test may include previously unannounced games, which makes it sometimes exciting because you get to see something new :)

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
A whole wave of next generation Sega Sammy titles are about ready; their development, as well as SEGA's premiere development these past few years, has been well known among company news outside of the console sector.

They've developed their own next generation arcade systems with PowerVR technology (one for the high-end and one for the value market) ahead of the launch of the new consoles by many months. They've been able to show the most complete next generation footage recently because they've been working with more finished hardware much earlier than next gen console developers.

High definition proscan, widescreen, rock solid 60 fps.

Jeffahn

I wonder if that Sonic game is also for the new board? It looked like a solid, fast-paced action game, so I guess it could be.

Zeo

Banned
This is going to rule. House of the Dead 3 kicked ass.

The graphics look pretty damn nice in HotD4 too. Can't wait to see it in motion.

Redbeard said:
IGN usually update on a Sunday before holiday? :lol

Owned.

M3wThr33

Banned
I'd be first in line for a PS2 port. :D
Here's hoping HotD4 is PS3-bound, being that it'll probably still need to be wired and PS2 has all those USB ports.

Zeo

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
I'd be first in line for a PS2 port. :D
Here's hoping HotD4 is PS3-bound, being that it'll probably still need to be wired and PS2 has all those USB ports.

.. What? You'll be getting a lame PS2 port of it.. but hoping it's on PS3.. because PS2 has the USB ports.

Okay then.

Jeffahn

I've just finished watching Shog's video of the E3 Sega stuff and it looks like there was a definite seperation between Chrome Hounds (X-Box 360) and the rest of the Sega stuff, so I'm just hoping that Sonic's for arcade aswell.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
This post motivated me to try out HOTD3 for PC. Fun, although (naturally) short title that looks pretty nice running in 1280X1024. Obviously it loses something in the transition from light gun to mouse, but I had a good time. I'm really interested to see what kind of hardware is fueling HOTD4.

FiRez

Found this on 4chan

hotd49zc.jpg

hotd427zi.jpg

"No pictures" :lol :lol :lol

Jeffahn

The original HotD has some great instructions on the cabinet e.g:

"Shoot with your gun the enemies attacking you."

Or something like that.

vireland

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
http://www.erealgames.com/

Sweet! Anyone have any experience with this gun?

Works with a USB camera mounted on the top of the TV/cabinet. One to one ratio of gun to USB camera, but there's a version coming out late this year or early next that will have the ability to track two guns from one usb camera.

It was at E3 and worked really well. If you get out of sync (you step too far to the left or right of where you started), you can recalibrate at any time with a button on the gun.

Everything about this screamed "hit", but they must have the worst PR person ever. They've been selling this for 7 months in the US, and NO ONE I talked to in the press at E3 and some after had ever heard of them. I've made it my business to tell them all about this because this thing is for real and solves the plasma/progressive scan problems and works with EXISTING GAMES.

vireland said:
Works with a USB camera mounted on the top of the TV/cabinet. One to one ratio of gun to USB camera, but there's a version coming out late this year or early next that will have the ability to track two guns from one usb camera.

It was at E3 and worked really well. If you get out of sync (you step too far to the left or right of where you started), you can recalibrate at any time with a button on the gun.

Everything about this screamed "hit", but they must have the worst PR person ever. They've been selling this for 7 months in the US, and NO ONE I talked to in the press at E3 and some after had ever heard of them. I've made it my business to tell them all about this because this thing is for real and solves the plasma/progressive scan problems and works with EXISTING GAMES.

I remember seeing footage of this gun but held off. I thought it was going to hit the retail space. I was in Fry's today and almost bought a 3rd party gun just so I can crack the shrink wrap on my HotD3 for XBox. I want a gun for my XBox bad it's killing me, but I'd like to get one with some quality to it (since I hear that HotD2 is unlockable in the XBox version of HotD3). I was in Fry's today and saw a cheapy 3rd party gun for $25 bucks, the nadcatz has yet to drop in price. I hated the guns they made for the DC, they just wouldn't stay calibrated. No way in hell I'm even gonna try their XBox product.

I love the Guncon stuff for PS2, if it's a gun game I'm all over it regardless of platform. Still have yet to find a copy of Crisis Zone...but I'm digressing.

I was really hoping we'd see Virtua Cop 3 on the XBox this gen, and I prey Sega brings us some cool gun game to the next gen consoles. I'd love to see a classic bundle with all the greats with a kick ass gun (i.e. HotD1-3, VC1-3, Confidential Mission, Ghost Squad, Jurassic Park: Lost World, The Ocean Hunter....most of the good ones!)

Anyway, anybody have any suggestions on a decent gun for the current XBox?

GhaleonEB

FiRez said:
oh, sorry
I checked the link but for some reason IGN wasn't working here

The massive IGN watermark in the lower right of the shots you posted are a good tip-off to the source....

FiRez

GhaleonEB said:
The massive IGN watermark in the lower right of the shots you posted are a good tip-off to the source....

yes, I saw it

honestly:
I thougt someone from 4chan copied the image from insider service (exclusive content) + I couldn't access IGN in that moment = mmmm....I will post it

Yeah, I rushed it like sometimes in Halo 2 MP

mrklaw

MrArseFace
M3wThr33 said:
Probably just thicker pass bands for the "flash."

Heck, it might even be easier now that a lot of it won't be interlaced.

No, its much worse. flat panel displays just light up all at once - there isn't a scanning electron beam like there used to be. CRT HD might be OK, but even they convert anything above 480p to 1080i, and that would screw up any normal light gun tech.

They need a different solution. There are some around. Heck, the sequel to Lethal Enforcers years ago had a machine gun section and no screen flash that I could detect, so that must have used an alternative sensor.

Hopefully that USB camera gun works well. Only problem is I've never heard a real person's impressions, and that makes me suspicous. Maybe I should be guinea pig.

M3wThr33

Banned
I waited for a bit to play with the gun at E3. They had Time Crisis 3 setup and it was just a bunch of business men. A bit weird, eh? Especially for Kentia hall. No Korean people with a weak command of the English language.

They kept playing. They sucked, but I can't go much beyond that because I don't know whether their skills were lacking (most likely) or the gun.

swordsman

Banned
The serie The House of the dead is cool>
I do own all three of them (Saturn, DC and Xbox :all with guns except for the xbox)

Yesterday I played the house of the dead 3 on my x-box. Still great game.
So I am waiting the 4th serie.
Oh please be X-box360 game......Sega

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Google's shitty translation:

-You fire an Ingram submachine gun
-40 shells per magazine
-You can fire grenades with a button
-You must shake the gun to reload (?)
-Graphics are very good
-Year 2003. Main characters are Kate and James (from HotD2)
-A lot of senseless engrish that I can't understand.

I am so damn excited.

Top Bottom