• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The House of the Dead 4 location test in Japan

tetsuoxb

Yeah the exact translation is:

I think that perhaps it is running on the Xbox360 hardware.

More points-

You start with three grenades that are fired with a button on the side of the gun. (which he thinks is an M11 Ingram)
The graphics are an upgrade from HOTD3. (said as a joke)
The first two levels were available in the location test.
Main characters are Kate Green and James Taylor. Takes place in 1993.
40 bullets per cartridge. Reload is shake or shoot off screen.
As previously stated, the shaking gun is used to escape tight situations in the game. (Id liken it to the kick of Leon S. Kennedy in RE4.)

MadFuzzy

I *really* doubt it's using Xbox 360 hardware given they only shipped beta development kits a few weeks ago. It has to be using their new PowerVR derived board.

tetsuoxb

MadFuzzy said:
I *really* doubt it's using Xbox 360 hardware given they only shipped beta development kits a few weeks ago. It has to be using their new PowerVR derived board.

Yeah, the otaku who wrote this doesnt seem all that up on things.

I'm betting its the new Lindburgh / System SP board using PowerVR5.

porting to Xbox 360 beta / final hardware should be fairly easy, hopefully.

Jeffahn

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jeffahn said:
I was just trying to Google some more info and came across this:

"The House of the Dead 4 video game will be based upon this movie (House of the Dead)."

http://www.allthingszombie.com/movies/houseofthedead.php

&

"A Sega team will shoot alongside the production to secure images, motion capture, and gather other materials for "House of the Dead 4.""

http://www.killermovies.com/h/thehouseofthedead/articles/1730.html

I know the movie's a bit dodgy, but this is still interesting.

i call bull shit

jarrod

Banned
Wario64 said:
i call bull shit
It's old. Wow Entertainment was working on a HOtD action game for PS2 to coincide with the film release but that evolved into the crappy Altered Beast revival (probably changed after Shinobi did so well).

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Anyone who has the HotD3 PC demo can help me out? I loaded the demo on my laptop but when I attempt to start survival or time attack, I get the now loading but then the game closes by itself everytime :-(

Hmm, those zombies in the flyer look pretty much identical to what was shown at E3. It's probably safe to assume that most, if not all, the footage that was shown was running on the Lindbergh. Hopefully, that means that we'll see Afterburner in the arcades in the not so distant future!

Jeffahn said:
01.jpg

That actually looks kinda cool.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
midnightguy said:
I'm betting its the new Lindburgh / System SP board using PowerVR5.

porting to Xbox 360 beta / final hardware should be fairly easy, hopefully.

Except for the light gun issue. Anyone got an HDTV compatible light gun in the works?

D-X

Jeffahn said:

Now THAT I haven't seen before, were any more screens of call shaded 3 released?

And who won that competition to have themselves as a zombie in the game?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Fatghost28 said:
Neat. I wonder if it's very accurate...I know the MadCatz gun for Xbox was shit compared to the GunCon2.

Just buy it and see!

Just someone except me be the guinea pig.....

Jeffahn

D-X said:
Now THAT I haven't seen before, were any more screens of call shaded 3 released?

And who won that competition to have themselves as a zombie in the game?

I don't think there were more than 3 screenshots of the cell-shaded version. Hope we we'll soon be seeing some solid specs on the board.

Jeffahn

3D GRAPHICS (AURORA SYSTEM)

Specially supported byDramatically Beautiful Graphics Image onEmbedded LINUX.

Triangle Drawing: 10Mpoly/sPixel

Fill Rate: 150Mpixel/s

System ConfigurationSH4 Specific Minor Tuning on 2.6to improve the interrupt response 100-500μsec.

Synchronization API has been added.

SH-4 core (300MHz)Power VR : MBX+VGP (150MHz)

http://tree.celinuxforum.org/CelfPu...et=CELF_Plenary_Meeting_2005_demo_posters.pdf

There's a block diagram and some more info on the pdf.

Top Bottom