• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The hype around Starfield is massive, and growing.

Ozriel

M$FT
Just purchased the premium edition upgrade. Can’t wait for tomorrow night.

rWk65YM.jpg

Can’t remember the exact position, but last I checked the Premium upgrade was even higher than the Standard SKU of Starfield on Amazon.

They’re certainly getting a ton of people to pay the incremental fee for early access

sono

10 things you need to know about Starfield.

Spoiler: If you dont want to know anything about this game before you get it, dont watch!

Last edited:

GymWolf

At what time in europe does this fucker get unlocked on steam? Midnight or the usual 18 pm of tomorrow?

Last edited:

xVodevil

Well fuck it, this hype got to me too, though I never really played more than a few hours with any of their TES or Fallout games ... Well in worst case I'll enjoy the view for a few hours :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The OT will be up prior to the official launch date, not the early access.

In the meantime, either this thread or the leak thread can serve as a place to discuss the game for those with early access. Thank you for your patience.
I'm definitely not commenting in the leak thread until I fully have beaten the game. And this thread is on page 40.

Personally, I'd suggest someone make a barebones Early Access thread for the next week.

clarky

Gold Member
I'm definitely not commenting in the leak thread until I fully have beaten the game. And this thread is on page 40.

Personally, I'd suggest someone make a barebones Early Access thread for the next week.
Agreed.

If ones not up buy the time i get into work (around 6 hrs) ill knock something up fast to pass the last few hours.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

In the meantime, either this thread or the leak thread can serve as a place to discuss the game for those with early access. Thank you for your patience.

Sad Mr T GIF

Stuart360

Just a heads up but it seems some streamers get to play the game in 3.5 hours, well at least CohhCarnage does anyway. He's starting gameplay at 12 ET for anyone interested.

He's currently doing a preshow showing vids and going to show the deep dives etc, for anyone interested.

BlueLyria

I'm caving in, friend and I are sharing the price of the standard on steam in my region (35 USD lmao), couldn't let that chance slip by, that's probably the cheapest I'll be able to get until like next year or so.

adamsapple

Just a heads up but it seems some streamers get to play the game in 3.5 hours, well at least CohhCarnage does anyway. He's starting gameplay at 12 ET for anyone interested.

He's currently doing a preshow showing vids and going to show the deep dives etc, for anyone interested.

Streamers are allowed to start at the same time as the review embargo lifts, FYI.

adamsapple

Powerpyx already has a massive 1000G achievement guide up.

Obviously, do not read if you don't want any kind of chapter / game play aspect spoilers.

naguanatak

I will never understand ordering a game before reviews/impressions come out
I will never understand relying on other peoples opinions about an entertainment product. So many people dislike at least half of the games in my top ten :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Of course, when every dollar/euro counts and you can't just buy a game for the fun of it, you might want to wait and see if it's absolutely fucked. But I had fun with Cyberpunk2077 and No Man's Sky at release, but stopped playing AC Origins and Valhalla about 5 hours in.
There are devs I can trust will deliver a game that brings countless hours of joy. Even devs I don't know about, if the game looks like fun, I buy it. 11 hours into Sea of Stars...I don't regret a second 😎

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

I was thinking can we have a thread for early access players? we can leave this thread for folks who'll be playing on 6th or after

Ev1L AuRoN

I would agree, if forums are the only place I look at, but my friends, my circle, casuals. I rarely hear about it. Now the next God of War, FIFA, MK1 I always hear from people who are not as involved like us with the industry.
I'm not denying Starfield hype, but I don't think it is this phenomenon like people on forums are saying.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Fuck yeah, all content creators with similar tastes to mine love it with comments like 'phenomenal achievement' and 'Bethesda's Magnum Opus'.

I actually entertain an idea of waking up at 2AM just to play it now.

Super hyped.

Top Bottom