• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters '98 UM Final Edition |OT| There are no Ducks here, only Geese

OmegaDL50

I think at this point it's better to release the game as is and let people at least play it.

If there ARE any issues, Code Mystics could always patch it later.

With these delays, (based on what I've seen on the forums people are canceling their pre-orders over this) which could be an indicator of a lost sale.

OmegaDL50

Steam doesn't have any QA testing fees to release a patch like XBLA used to for example?

If that be the case. Simply releasing the game and then patching it later for any minor issues shouldn't be a problem, right?

My friend is having problems with his stick for some reason. He has it downloaded already.

Apparently, he can use it to navigate menus but not actually play. Bizarre, hopefully its just something on his end.

Nocturno999

My friend is having problems with his stick for some reason. He has it downloaded already.

Apparently, he can use it to navigate menus but not actually play. Bizarre, hopefully its just something on his end.

My Qanba stick is not working either. Only the buttons are responding.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
What's the difference between the $14.99 and $24.99 versions? The only diff I see is $24.99 is all caps.

HOwSxKE.png

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Already hearing netcode horror stories.

It's funny; I expect bad netcode from anything SNK now. I used to be so into these games, would spend literally hundreds of dollars on new releases back in the Neo-Geo days, spent tons of time in arcades playing everything they put out when I lived in Japan, and all that...

...And then they started putting out games on the previous gen consoles, with shitty netcode, and it all went to hell.

OmegaDL50

None of my friends online have this game yet.

So fairly important question to ask in regards to netplay.

Is there an option to filter out tournament banned characters (i.e Orochi Iori / Leona, Goenitz, Omega Rugal, and Orochi)

I can probably deal with mediocre netplay, but if there is no filtering options. I can't imagine what it be like going in random rooms with full teams of comprised of any one of those character combinations.

alstein

I did pop an online match.

Seems those bosses you want banned aren't even selectable.

It was a bit laggy but it was 140ms ping so some input delay is expected. Wasn't terrible and was decent given the circumstance, I suspect below 100 will be better.

Got my play my in-state daughtero, and at around 40 ping it felt good.

So I guess my verdict is this is around SF4-level netcode and probably ok for half-country play, but not coast-to-coast.

Controls did feel a bit off, but that could be pad buttons.

Also a Hori FC4 set to PS4 settings will not be recognized, had to set to PS3 settings.

Netcode is not good enough for me to buy a non-rollback SNK game in future- this hits me in the feels, so I could tolerate shit I wouldn't with another title. This netcode is mildly shitty.

played two matches so far. Pretty decent! For those who had stick problems, I initially couldn't get the stick to function (using an HRAP3). I had to switch from d-pad to one of the analogs then it was all good.

rookiejet

Cafeid are going to be streaming online ranked matches. I don't know how representive it would be of the experience for people in the US though, as they have godlike internet in S. Korea.

Tizoc

Man this game just hit me in the nostalgia...
Also RB2 Geese might be my main.
I played it with my PS4 controller and it was as responsive as when I played SNK fighters on PS2 haha.
I can still pull off Geeses' Raging Storm either via Pretzel motion or HCBx2, DF+P >=3

Vans

Hey everyone.

Here's a changelog I translated myself from the official SNKP blog, enjoy.

Edit: Oh I missed it in the OP. Goodie.

pretty much all my matches below like 180 have been great. Not having any execution issues but I definitely am more reluctant to attempt combos into super from cr.B.

Top Bottom