• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Faith |OT| Symphony of the Paleblood Hunt

Bartski

Gold Member
BZNmB2o.jpg

y26AbL6.jpg

The wicked and the blessed will be judged the same - let nothing stand in your way.

Often brutal, always empowering, The Last Faith is an unholy alliance of metroidvania and soulslike.

GIF_5.gif

The Last Faith thrives on merciless and precise combat, with a huge range of custom executions to perform.

GIF_4.gif

Discover a formidable arsenal of melee weapons, arcane spells, and long-range firearms, allowing you to carve a path your own way.

KUMISOULS_THELASTFAITH_GIF_02.gif

Nonlinear exploration is at the core of The Last Faith. Gorgeous pixel art depicts an imposing gothic landscape. Journey along snow-dusted mountains and castles bathed in moonlight. Discover and upgrade a formidable range of tools for destruction.

GIF_8.gif

Step into The Last Faith’s ravaged world as Eryk, who awakens with no recollection of his immediate past. Soon he will discover he is in a race against time as his mind and conscience begins to deteriorate. His desire for salvation from this affliction sets him on a cursed mission that crosses paths with ancient religions and divinities.

KUMISOULS_THELASTFAITH_GIF_01.gif

LycnVC7.png
aQJteFI.png
IoJLGZM.png
DIqut7b.png
cbNEW8P.png
ywOk5j4.png
S2LrCtm.jpg
x0zo8cP.png
QILjCZV.png
uNNXjx2.png
a1Vysip.png
5d6kjSA.png
OXc0O6X.png

Out today on Steam, Switch, PS4, PS5, XsX, XsS and Xbone

Last edited:

Ferdimage

I got to mess around with the demo and controls felt pretty tight.
Really had the Bloodborne vibes from the setting.
Blasphemous fans are gonna have fun with this.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Looking forward to play this one at some point. Maybe I'll buy it today if regional price will be good.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Looking forward to this, but not getting right away, too many games lined up on the docket. Hoping by the time I want to buy there's a physical copy release.

ARK1391

Played a few hours this afternoon. Beautiful art. Gameplay is fun, parrying is weird being a 2 button move. Super stoked to play more this weekend.

Looks good. Had no clue this existed. Reminds me of Blasphemous and I really dig the art style. I probably won't play it for quite a while, but I hope ya'll enjoy it!

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Gameplay was clunky/laggy in beta version(which released like 1 month ago) so I removed it from my wishlist. Any improvements in that regard?

Bartski

Gold Member

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
DONE! 100% completion, all endings.

First of all, the art. Just look at it. Visually in most ways superior to Blasphemous and just the best looking pixelart metroidvania full stop.

The arsenal is great. Multiple weapons with different move sets and special, scaling, status damages etc. All look awesome and fun to experiment with. I found pistols and spells (except some late-game ones) very underpowered but that's also not where I invested my stats.

That's ok, melee is strong enough, feels punchy and every enemy has a gory finisher. Wouldn't hurt if the game had some way to communicate status effect weaknesses and go deeper into the significance of some RPG elements that here are rather surface-level.

Another strong point is bosses IMO, are really good and pose a reasonable challenge. Fun to learn. 5-10 tries each is a good sweet spot, big plus.

Pary window is super lenient but still way too risky, I barely used it. Shame almost all magic is offensive. There is no way to block till very late into game so the only way to survive against enemy attacks is dodging and positioning in general.

This exacerbates what many people seem to hate about the game - some mid-game mob enemy setups are incredibly annoying, and that's where the game is often at its weakest.

Most enemies fire homing projectiles that are way too fast and in way too many cases fly through the scenery, often leading to stunlock and very cheap feeling deaths. This can be truly infuriating when entering areas underleveled - the game often allows you to explore areas in an order you choose but is balanced around the "correct" one. Just don't get into the frozen cave the first occasion you get.

In addition, the game pushes item scarcity way too far towards "hoard and never use" territory. Health injections are limited and do not replenish on death which is a pain in the ass in early game, until you find a vendor that sells them at your base.

Platforming is mostly fine except for instances where you need to make leap of faith type jumps that result in death unless you've done it before, mostly in optional areas but that is still poor design in my book.

I haven't seen a single bug (except one progression breaker with a weird workaround, thanks forum), and the 100% achievement on Steam is broken for everyone atm.

Overall, a great debut for the studio. Far from perfect, but despite minor annoyances about mid-way through, I loved the journey.

If you liked Blasphemous make sure to check it out.

8/10.

Salz01

DONE! 100% completion, all endings.

First of all, the art. Just look at it. Visually in most ways superior to Blasphemous and just the best looking pixelart metroidvania full stop.

The arsenal is great. Multiple weapons with different move sets and special, scaling, status damages etc. All look awesome and fun to experiment with. I found pistols and spells (except some late-game ones) very underpowered but that's also not where I invested my stats.

That's ok, melee is strong enough, feels punchy and every enemy has a gory finisher. Wouldn't hurt if the game had some way to communicate status effect weaknesses and go deeper into the significance of some RPG elements that here are rather surface-level.

Another strong point is bosses IMO, are really good and pose a reasonable challenge. Fun to learn. 5-10 tries each is a good sweet spot, big plus.

Pary window is super lenient but still way too risky, I barely used it. Shame almost all magic is offensive. There is no way to block till very late into game so the only way to survive against enemy attacks is dodging and positioning in general.

This exacerbates what many people seem to hate about the game - some mid-game mob enemy setups are incredibly annoying, and that's where the game is often at its weakest.

Most enemies fire homing projectiles that are way too fast and in way too many cases fly through the scenery, often leading to stunlock and very cheap feeling deaths. This can be truly infuriating when entering areas underleveled - the game often allows you to explore areas in an order you choose but is balanced around the "correct" one. Just don't get into the frozen cave the first occasion you get.

In addition, the game pushes item scarcity way too far towards "hoard and never use" territory. Health injections are limited and do not replenish on death which is a pain in the ass in early game, until you find a vendor that sells them at your base.

Platforming is mostly fine except for instances where you need to make leap of faith type jumps that result in death unless you've done it before, mostly in optional areas but that is still poor design in my book.

I haven't seen a single bug (except one progression breaker with a weird workaround, thanks forum), and the 100% achievement on Steam is broken for everyone atm.

Overall, a great debut for the studio. Far from perfect, but despite minor annoyances about mid-way through, I loved the journey.

If you liked Blasphemous make sure to check it out.

8/10.
Nice write up. How is the music?

Flutta

Banned
I’ve played about 4 hours around 20% completion… bruv this game is so dope. Imagine having more fun playing a low budget game like this than almost every AAA game this year….

For those who love BB, Castlevania etc This is a MUST PLAY. It’s that good.

Last edited:

PanzerCute

Imagine having more fun playing a low budget game like this than almost every AAA game this year…
Hasn't it been the case for almost a decade?

I mean, AAA games are so expensive to make that they dont try or risk anything and can't be too complex for the sake of accessibility. There are some exceptions obviously (japanese AAA mainly).

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Hasn't it been the case for almost a decade?

I mean, AAA games are so expensive to make that they dont try or risk anything and can't be too complex for the sake of accessibility. There are some exceptions obviously (japanese AAA mainly).

You could say that and you wouldn’t be wrong either. Western AAA gaming stinks monkey balls and it’s getting worse. It’s not just about risk, one of the biggest issue for me is, is that they inject those games with political poison just to win some brownie points and the game suffers because of that.

Last edited:

PanzerCute

You could say that and you wouldn’t be wrong either. Western AAA gaming stinks monkey balls and it’s getting worse. It’s not just about risk, one of the biggest issue for me is, is that they inject those games with political poison just to win some brownie points and the game suffers because of that.
Oh yes, this is also a good point.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
So I've been playing this game for almost 10 hours at this point and at about 20%+ completion mark. It's so easy to love this game cuz 1) It looks amazing with great artstyle and moody atmosphere 2) animations are top notch (even down to the dust coming of of the main character's boots when you run) 3) All weapons I've found / bought / used so far feel great, there's weight to each of them, you feel the impact with satisfying sound plus animations and effects are great 4) The game is very Bloodborne inspired but has it's own identity still

But... Dispite the fact that everything else is amazing or great, the biggest problems of this game comes from the things and aspects of it... how should I say it... where you simply don't expect? I mean, we all know how metroidvania games work, play, look, designed etc. right? Well, for some inexplicable reason the devs of The Last Faith decided to reinvent the wheel. You know, when you going through levels and exploring the map, you can look at it and see that there's some sort of secret / hidden area there, right? Wrong! In The Last Faith not only all of this in 90% of the time are bottomless pits, but also the map looks like there's some secret / hidden area there, which in 99% of other metroidvanias is not a thing. Moreover, there's no way for you to know that unless you go there and die. So that's great.

The other thing which bizzare to see in this game is that healing items don't replenish upon death! Instead the game replanishes healing items stored in bottomles storage, so if you run out of them (and you will), good luck finding them in various objects or by killing enemies. Not only that, but there's also a few glitches which won't trigger the boss fight (for example) and if you died the first time, you won't get back what you lost (I'm not kidding - there's no way to get it back) - people who've played the game know what I'm talking about, so I won't spoil, but I must add that the only way to make the trigger work is to restart the game from the main menu or sometimes by saving. And as if that's not enough, there's very, and I mean VERY noticable input lag (I'm playing the game on a DualSense connected to my PC via USB-C cable at 144Hz) and stiffness to the movement which hurts the combat experience and explorationc cuz of lack of fluidity. The map is also terrible to control and it's extremely slow and drops FPS like crazy, which I haven't seen in any other metroidvania game at all. Some enemy placements are hard to explain cuz it's fuckin' blood bath not in your favor at all and there's nothing you can do and nothing at your disposal to deal with flying enemies as well, so you have to do very tedious jump attacks to deal with them that way.

I mean, you can ofc deal with all this shit cuz the rest of the game is amazing, but for fuck's sake Kumi Souls Games... for fuck's sake fix all this shit, it's not acceptable.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Looks really good but yeah, i heard that it has its problems, and for the (almost) 30 Eurodollars they're asking for it...yeah, i think i'll wait

Thanks for the reviews boys ;)

Bartski

Gold Member
So I've been playing this game for almost 10 hours at this point and at about 20%+ completion mark. It's so easy to love this game cuz 1) It looks amazing with great artstyle and moody atmosphere 2) animations are top notch (even down to the dust coming of of the main character's boots when you run) 3) All weapons I've found / bought / used so far feel great, there's weight to each of them, you feel the impact with satisfying sound plus animations and effects are great 4) The game is very Bloodborne inspired but has it's own identity still

But... Dispite the fact that everything else is amazing or great, the biggest problems of this game comes from the things and aspects of it... how should I say it... where you simply don't expect? I mean, we all know how metroidvania games work, play, look, designed etc. right? Well, for some inexplicable reason the devs of The Last Faith decided to reinvent the wheel. You know, when you going through levels and exploring the map, you can look at it and see that there's some sort of secret / hidden area there, right? Wrong! In The Last Faith not only all of this in 90% of the time are bottomless pits, but also the map looks like there's some secret / hidden area there, which in 99% of other metroidvanias is not a thing. Moreover, there's no way for you to know that unless you go there and die. So that's great.

The other thing which bizzare to see in this game is that healing items don't replenish upon death! Instead the game replanishes healing items stored in bottomles storage, so if you run out of them (and you will), good luck finding them in various objects or by killing enemies. Not only that, but there's also a few glitches which won't trigger the boss fight (for example) and if you died the first time, you won't get back what you lost (I'm not kidding - there's no way to get it back) - people who've played the game know what I'm talking about, so I won't spoil, but I must add that the only way to make the trigger work is to restart the game from the main menu or sometimes by saving. And as if that's not enough, there's very, and I mean VERY noticable input lag (I'm playing the game on a DualSense connected to my PC via USB-C cable at 144Hz) and stiffness to the movement which hurts the combat experience and explorationc cuz of lack of fluidity. The map is also terrible to control and it's extremely slow and drops FPS like crazy, which I haven't seen in any other metroidvania game at all. Some enemy placements are hard to explain cuz it's fuckin' blood bath not in your favor at all and there's nothing you can do and nothing at your disposal to deal with flying enemies as well, so you have to do very tedious jump attacks to deal with them that way.

I mean, you can ofc deal with all this shit cuz the rest of the game is amazing, but for fuck's sake Kumi Souls Games... for fuck's sake fix all this shit, it's not acceptable.
True not sure why I haven’t mentioned that, the map is truly atrocious and super confusing. Like ladder or elevetor pathways don't show up and look as unexplored areas, and bottomless falls look as there was a room underneath. A reoccurring theme on game’s reddit and steam forums, I think if devs keep supporting the game it’s one of the first things to address design wise.

Health injections stop becoming an issue a bit deeper into the game IMO after unlocking a vendor that sells them at the Manor cheap but first cople hours having to look for them is annoying

simpatico

Pretty close to my impressions as well. Still a good game overall. I'm really wanting more indies to just straight up copy SotN without any editorials. Just give more SotN and nothing more.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Health injections stop becoming an issue a bit deeper into the game IMO after unlocking a vendor that sells them at the Manor cheap but first cople hours having to look for them is annoying
Yup, can confirm, but there's another problem - you can upgrade the copacity of the healing injections, but you can't do the same to their effectiveness, which is a shame. I also don't like extremely small amount of quickslots for items - there's like only 5, but from what you'll experience in the game, you need at least 3 or 4 more and changing items back and forth based on situation is really stupid, tedious and needless, not to mention that you can't do that fast and in combat it is death sentence, literally. Btfw, how on earth have I forgot to mention that this game has no real pause state? Yeah, guess what, there's no way to pause the game and read picked up item discriptions (for example), so enemies will attack you and will kill you. Who the fuck thought that it was a good idea? Man... the fuck? For real? Ugh...:messenger_face_steam: But... fuck me this game is awesome! Like, at one point you love it to death... and then it'll hit you like a train:messenger_grinning_smiling:

Turns out I've completely missed the snow area of the game which was right in front of me the whole time and it's SO FUCKIN' GOOD! The enemy designs there are in-fuckin'-creadible (same goes for the rest of the game) and there's like 3 or 4 new and uniqe enemies in that one area alone! I also for some reason missed the fact that there's also weapon arts in the game just like in Dark Souls III, so now I'm using them as well and finding more cool wepons and there's more available to buy. I hope this game has NG+ cuz there's just no way to upgrade everything you like and you can't farm resources really, more like buy them and they're getting more expensive the more you progress through the story - it's really not a problem though.

I'll say this to those who still on the fence whether to buy the game now or wait - BUY IT:messenger_horns:, cuz it's one of the best metroidvanias I've ever played (and I've played all really noticable and must-play ones) in recent years, even with everything I've mentioned (I can't imagine that they won't fix the map and input lag at the very least), but if you still want to wait for a sale - $20 is great price for what you'll get. Moreover, I like this game far, FAR MORE that the first Blasphemous when it comes to gameplay, combat, exploration (you can fast travel anytime you want with no restrictions, needless and stupid upgrades/donations etc. as long as you found an altar) and boss fights. Combat is far superior with lots of unique weapons and weapon arts, both ranged and meele, but there's a catch - you don't have control over the directions of ranged atacks at all, so keep that in mind. There's also various spells which can sort of help you deal with flying enemies, but it's far from ideal solution.

Anyway, I don't regret buying the game at launch, cuz it offering such a great experience overall, that negatives kinda don't really matter to me at this point, but KSG need to fix and improve the game asap cuz it may don't matter to me, but it might matter to other people and based on that they'll be making the decision to buy the game or not.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
The 1st patch has arrived with a crap ton of improvements and bug fixes (patch notes contain spoilers, so read at your own risk guys):

3oxHQCoIwppvOPRKYU.gif

FEATURED IMPROVEMENTS:

Gameplay Pause Feature:
The game now pauses automatically when the full-screen UI is open.

Starter Combat Styles Changes:
Starting classes now feature varied equipment, enhancing the initial gameplay experience.

Lost Nycrux:
Dying in boss arenas now causes lost Nycrux to spawn outside the arena at the last checkpoint visited.

Shop Interface Improvement
: Shops have been updated with an "All" tab for easier navigation and item selection.

Map Screen Enhancement:
The map screen now displays the area where the player died.

Balancing Tweaks:
We've made significant balancing improvements to enemies and bosses, aiming for a more challenging and fair gameplay experience.

Weapons and Spells Balancing:
Both weapon and spell mechanics have been fine-tuned for better balance and diversity in combat strategies.

Achievement Fix:
The Last Faith Achievement is now obtainable. Players who previously had this stuck should relaunch the updated game to trigger the achievement.

1660cd01404c098ecbad6f930ef31bee6795961d.png

Detailed Changelog

Weapons and Spells

Primary Weapon Rebalancing
  • Ethereal Great Blade Nerf: Adjusted following player feedback for balanced gameplay.
  • Invulnerability Period Reduction: Reduced the period of invulnerability when using the Skill attack of the Ethereal Greatblade and Skullcleaver.
  • Illygarth Boreal Blade Buff: Enhanced for improved performance.
  • Scythe, Spinal Chain Blade, and Nightfall Blade Skill Nerf: Slightly reduced effectiveness based on player feedback.

Secondary Weapons Enhancement
  • Doppietta Power Increase: Now more powerful.
  • Nightbane Pistol Power Increase: Enhanced for greater effectiveness.
  • Blackhall’s Double Menace Power Increase: Strengthened for better performance.
  • Federal Admiral’s Cannon Power Increase: Upgraded for increased potency.

Spell Rebalancing
  • Increased Spell Damage: All spells now have increased damage output.

Starter Combat Styles Changes
Starting load-outs are now unique to each Combat Style. Unselected load-out weapons can still be found throughout the world.
Marksman
  • Magnetic Powder
  • Nightfall Blade
  • Nightbane Pistol
  • From Mark: Mechanical Bomb

Stargazer
  • Nighttide's Rout
  • Barsov's Electrocution
  • Blue Haemolymph Shard
  • From Mark: Nightbane Pistol

Rogue
  • Nightfall Blade
  • Mechanical Bomb
  • Combustion Powder

Brawler
  • Skullcleaver
  • Healing Injection
  • Ampoule of Erlim's Tears

Bosses

General
  • Resolved an issue preventing the camera from properly transitioning to the player if they moved far from the boss.
  • Fixed a problem that stopped action stun animations from triggering when executed at the end of a stun animation.
  • Implemented actions to prevent boss fights from not concluding properly.
  • Actions taken to help avoid bosses getting stuck in charge animations.
  • Addressed an issue causing bosses to continue walking after the player's death.
  • Eliminated contact damage from every boss that previously had it.
  • Introduced invulnerability for the player immediately after death.

Giant Patron
  • Corrected a bug in Deep Forest that caused enemies to be stuck on an invisible wall near the Giant Patron arena.
  • Added a warning to the ultimate pattern.
  • Reduced the delay randomizer for falling spikes in the ultimate pattern.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the boss to slide if hit by a strong knockback.

Hermann
  • Resolved a bug that sometimes prevented the fight from ending properly if the boss was killed while jumping off the ceiling.
  • Added 50% armor while the boss is stuck in the ceiling.
  • Blood puddles no longer bypass invincibility frames.

Edwyn
  • Fixed a bug causing the boss to start another pattern while jumping near a wall.
  • Addressed an issue with camera functionality when the boss was in the air.
  • Corrected the ceiling rock warning display near walls.
  • Actions taken to help prevent a bug stopping the boss from spawning.
  • Increased action cooldown for all patterns.
  • Added a 3-second cooldown after performing an escape jump.
  • The triangle from the beam pattern now targets the player. The beam pattern starts stationary with a slower movement speed.
  • Added a sound effect when the boss lands after the meteor and beam pattern.
  • Removed the boss's reaction to the player using consumables.
  • Prevented the boss from jumping across the entire arena to start his tornado pattern. If too far, he will first jump to the middle.
  • Reduced the hitbox for dark orbs.
  • Added a damage cooldown group to meteors and dark orbs.

Leena and Yegor
  • Fixed a bug causing Leena to become unresponsive if Yegor was killed as the Platform pattern started. Addressed an issue with platform thunders reacting to Yegor’s triple Thunder pattern.
  • Corrected a bug causing firebeam previsuals to linger after Leena died on a platform.
  • Fixed a bug preventing platforms from rising if Leena and Yegor died simultaneously.
  • Yegor can now be damaged in the platform pattern, but with 70% armor. Leena has 50% armor while casting the firebeam pattern and an additional damaging collider close to her.
  • Lowered the cooldown for the platform pattern.

Burnt Apostate
  • Resolved a bug causing the boss to remain in the air if killed during a jump attack. Fixed walk animation issues near walls and corrected spritesheet offset values.
  • Addressed display and damage value issues in the tornado pattern.
  • Fixed a bug causing the fire sword to briefly disappear in some animations.
  • Resolved an issue preventing the dash attack from bypassing Iframes in phase 1.
  • The solo player camera now activates as soon as the boss starts the ultimate tornado pattern.
  • Added ground warning for boss landing after the ultimate.
  • Now casts an additional projectile in phase 2.
  • The air dive pattern can now be chosen as a regular pattern.
  • Slash after dash and projectiles from phase 2 now share a damage cooldown group. The phase 2 slash after dash charge time matches phase 1 duration.
  • Gains +40% armor while casting fire projectiles.
  • Added a maximum distance limit to dashes.
  • Removed one phase 2 slash projectile, which now appears earlier. Removed auto-aiming from the projectile pattern.
  • Decreased the warning time for the regular phase 2 fire tornado pattern.
  • Reduced the number of waves in the ultimate pattern by 2.

• Addressed a bug causing the cinematic background on death not to display correctly near the right arena corner.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the boss from shaking during the death animation.
  • Resolved an issue causing ice blocks to go underground if spawned very close to a wall.
  • Corrected an issue causing explosion and trail effects to display in front of an ice block.
  • Increased start animation speed, added more charge time, and made the flash effect play earlier for Claw Dash.
  • Reduced the time of active damage frames for ice pillars, improving chances for players without airdash.
  • Falling Swords pattern now explodes from both sides simultaneously.
  • Decreased damage and collider size of harmful wind during the Falling Swords pattern.

Macewhip Nighthunter
  • Resolved a bug preventing the fight from starting properly if the player lured the boss out of his intended position.
  • Removed autoaiming from the air whip attack.

• Added 2 seconds to stun protection.
  • Reduced both the starting and regular cooldown for the flamethrower.
  • Decreased the starting and regular cooldown for parrying.
  • Lowered the regular cooldown for healing.

Manfredd the Accursed
  • Fixed an issue causing the boss's corpse to be semi-invisible if he died at the start of teleport.
  • Added sound to intro teleports and adjusted the smoke effect for consistency with gameplay.
  • Raised the likelihood of the Kick pattern being selected.

• Resolved an issue with camera bounds.
  • Lessened the delay before the boss can start moving after the intro.
  • Decreased action cooldown.
  • Added 3 seconds to stun protection.
  • Added particle effects to ground slash and death animations.
  • Enhanced poise during phase 2.
  • Will now attempt the ultimate ground waves pattern as soon as health drops below 50%.
  • Removed invulnerability from the ultimate ground waves pattern.
  • Eliminated auto aim from the charged attack.
  • Removed frames showing transformation into Cold One Beast.
  • Added electricity effects to phase 2.

Cold One Beast
  • No longer growls while speaking in the intro.
  • Action cool down reduction.
  • Extended stun protection by 3 seconds.
  • Included particle effects for slash and death animations.
  • Increased poise during phase 2.
  • Will attempt the ultimate ground waves pattern at health below 50%.
  • Removed invulnerability from the ultimate ground waves pattern.
  • Removed auto aim from the charged attack.

• Corrected a bug causing dark traps to fall underground upon boss death.
  • Lowered the fire status buildup from projectile explosions.

• Fixed a bug allowing the moon-shaped projectile to deal damage twice.
  • Increased charge time and added a flash effect before the first moon-shaped projectile is thrown.
  • Enlarged the hitbox.
  • Decreased the maximum fly height.
  • Introduced thunders in the background activated after transformation.

• Addressed an issue preventing the fight from resuming if a boss fell below ground.
  • Lowered the health threshold required to stop resting after attacks in phase 2 by 5%.
  • Reduced damage from the scissor pattern.

• Resolved issues with transitions between some attacks.
  • Fixed a bug causing an additional boss scream before scene transition.
  • Added thunders in the background activated after transformation.
  • In phase 1, the head will rest near water level after attacking. In phase 2, one head will rest near water, the other at medium height.
  • Added animations for heads moving up or down to position for attack or rest.
  • Heads now instantly get into position for the death animation.

• Corrected an issue preventing shaking in the death animation.
  • Added a damage cooldown group to meteors and dark orbs.

• Reduced the radius of the circling ice pattern when moving towards the center.
  • Enlarged the hitbox for lightning strikes.
  • Increased the hitbox size.
  • Lowered the maximum fly height.

Enemies

General
  • Contact Damage Removal:
    Removed contact damage from all enemies that previously had it.
  • Double Flip Prevention:
    Implemented actions to prevent the issue of enemies flipping twice in a row.
  • Flip Animation Speed Increase:
    Enhanced flip animation speed for all enemies by 6%-25%.
  • Mobility During Flipping for Flying Enemies:
    Flying enemies are now able to move while performing flip animations.
  • Flying Height Adjustment:
    Flying enemies will more frequently lower their flying height.
  • Reduced Stun Protection:
    Decreased stun protection duration by 3 seconds for Stray Hound, Faceless One, and Swamp Hound.
  • Randomized Patrol Start:
    Enemies will now initiate patrolling with a random starting animation offset.
  • Randomized Rest Behavior:
    Added randomization to enemies' rest behavior.
  • Universal Stun Vulnerability to Explosions:
    All enemies are now susceptible to being stunned by explosions.
  • Stun by Throwable Objects for Smaller Enemies:
    Small and medium-sized enemies can now be stunned by throwable objects.
  • Red Flash Indicator for Execution:
    Enemies will flash red when they are ready to be executed.
  • Persistent Shadow on Flat Ground Death:
    Shadows won’t disappear instantly if an enemy dies on flat ground.
  • Increased Reactivity of Certain Enemies:
    Enhanced the reactivity of enemies from the Junas Ministry, City of Erlim, and Ordens Regnant Palace.
  • Strengthened Specific Enemy Groups:
    Enemies in the Ordens Regnant Palace, Highwalls of Mythringal, and The Junas Ministry have been strengthened.
  • Weakened Snow Area Enemies:
    Enemies located in snowy areas are now slightly weaker.
  • Voice Sound Updates:
    Added new voice sounds for Old Vigilante, Vile Clergyman, Cathedral Priest, and Progenie.
  • Shooting Mechanic Adjustment:
    Removed the quick flip ability while shooting for Frozen Wight, Bootleg Corsair, Infected Wanderer, Swamp Hound, and Hallowed Rider.
  • Projectile Bounds Adjusted:
    Added projectile bounds for Frozen Rotted Cold One and Flying Abomination, eliminating the ability to shoot behind themselves.
  • Stun Protection Increased:
    Enhanced stun protection by 2 seconds for all enemies, with an additional 1-second increase for giant enemies. Endurance settings for Sister of Sacrament and Hallowed Priestess of Sacrament have been changed from medium to high.
  • Action Cooldown Reduction:
    Lowered action cooldown for Vile Clergyman, Accursed Maiden, Sister of Sacrament, Hallowed Priestess of Sacrament, Giant Patron, Grotesque Courtier, White Lady, and Ornate Swordsmanster. Also, implemented damage reduction while attacking for Accursed Maiden, Ornate Swordsmaster, Masked Obscenity, Sister of Sacrament, and Giant of Sacrament.
  • Transition Animation Fix:
    Corrected the poor transition from flip to idle animations for Deranged Woman and Voracious Terror.
  • Smoother Air Flip Animations:
    Enhanced air flip animations for winged enemies, including Voracious Terror, Rotted Cold One, Frozen Rotted Cold One, and Flying Abomination, to be smoother.
  • Hit Protection Removal:
    Removed hit protection during attacks for Stray Hound, Faceless One, Comrade Mutated, Primitive Cold One, Infected Pilgrim, Infected Wanderer, Sick Defiler, Old Vigilante, Swamp Hound, Frost Corpse, Bootleg Corsair, Ghastly Critter, Summoner Witch, Infected Witch, Afflicted Manservant, Hallowed Rider, Grave Digger, Flying Abomination, Rotted Cold One, Frozen Rotted Cold One, and Putrid Deformity.
  • Enhanced Attack Mechanic:
    Introduced a charge effect to enemy attacks that bypass Iframes for Necrogash, Bereaved Maiden, Cold One Shielder, Giant of Sacrament, Frozen Necrogash, Slithering Monstrosity, Dreadful Wench, Stray Cold One, Grotesque Courtier, Voracious Terror, and Maiden of The Deep.

Deranged Woman

• Trap Alert Enhancement:
    Added a warning to the blood trap.

Grave Digger

• Enhanced Trap Warning:
    Added a warning to the blood trap.
  • Improved Evasion Behavior:
    The Grave Digger's runaway behavior is now more reactive.

Grave Hound

• Increased Reactivity:
    Enhanced overall reactivity.
  • Cooldown Removal:
    Removed run cooldown.

Faceless Child

• Bug Fix in Enemy Orientation:
    Fixed a bug that prevented the enemy from facing the player correctly after landing.
  • Voice Line Adjustment:
    Reduced the number of voice calls in the combo animation to minimize voice line spam.
  • Run Cooldown Elimination:
    Removed run cooldown.

Winged Pale Lament

• Beam Bound Reduction:
    Reduced the bounds of the beam.
  • Charged Attack Animation Improvement:
    Increased the start speed and duration of active damage frames for the charged attack.
  • Color Consistency Fix:
    Fixed an issue that resulted in one Winged Pale Lament appearing in a different color.
  • Jump Strength Reduction:
    Decreased the strength of jumps.

Hallowed Rider
  • Projectile Catching Fix:
    Resolved an issue preventing the catching of projectiles.
  • Projectile Behavior:
    Projectiles now always travel in the caster's direction and self-destruct if the caster dies or after a time limit.
  • Melee Attack Update:
    Increased charge time before melee attack, which can now be parried and no longer knocks down. Dodge now grants 50% armor instead of invulnerability.

Maiden of the Deep
  • Explosive Death Addition:
    Added damage to death explosion.
  • Damage Splitting:
    Split damage into three distinct instances - firing, recoil, and flip.
  • Dreadful Wench
  • Death Animation Damage Fix:
    Corrected an issue preventing damage during the death animation.
  • Extended Rest Period:
    The Dreadful Wench will now have a longer rest duration after attacking.

Necrogash
  • Projectile Collider Bug Fix:
    Resolved a bug affecting projectile damage collider post-explosion. Slowed the start animation speed of flip attacks.

Slithering Worm
  • New Healthbar:
    Added a healthbar.
  • Instant Collider Disappearance:
    Damage collider vanishes instantly upon death.
  • Attack Balancing:
    Reduced the damage and increased the cooldown period for repeated attacks.

Bereaved Maiden
  • Run Damage Hitbox Reduction:
    Decreased the hitbox size for run damage.
  • Flip Attack Adjustments:
    Lowered the flip damage value, reduced the hitbox size, and the number of active frames.

Summoner Witch
  • Projectile Frame Rate Consistency:
    Ensured projectiles behave uniformly across all framerates.
  • Iframe Bypass Removal for Small Projectile:
    Small projectiles can no longer bypass Iframes.
  • Explosion Damage Delay:
    Added a brief delay before explosion damage frames activate.

Primitive Cold One
  • Varied Damage Scaling:
    Differentiated damage scaling between run attacks and quick slashes.
  • Animation Flicker Fix:
    Corrected the animation flicker in the quick slash attack pattern.

Stray Cold One
  • Post-Landing Attack:
    Will attack if the player is in close/medium range after landing.
  • Jump Damage Removal:
    Eliminated damage inflicted by jumping.
  • Attack Hitbox Expansion:
    Enlarged the attack hitbox area for greater reach.
  • Cooldown Group Addition:
    Implemented a damage cooldown group for both attack and ground break actions.

Briney Marauder
  • Run Attack Issue Fix:
    Resolved an issue that prevented the termination of his run attack.
  • Detection Range Enhancement:
    Detection range has been increased.
  • Run Cooldown Reduction: Reduced the cooldown time for run attacks.

Putrid Deformity
  • Stuck Prevention Measures:
    Implemented actions to prevent the issue of getting stuck while falling.
  • Increased Attack Charge Time:
    Increased the charge time required for attacks.

Frozen Wight
  • Hitbox and Damage Frame Reduction:
    Reduced the hitbox collider and the active damage frames for the recovery attack.

Ghastly Critter
  • Voice Warning and Shooting Preparation:
    Added a voice warning and increased the charge time before shooting.
  • Detection Range Reduction:
    Decreased the detection range.
  • Dodge Armor Duration Shortened:
    Armor gained from dodging now ends more quickly.
  • Prevention of Falling Off Platforms:
    Modified to prevent falling off platforms during jumps.

Frozen Wraith
  • Reaction Speed Increase:
    Increased reaction speed when the player is detected but not directly faced by the enemy.
  • Beam Pattern Status Buildup Fix:
    Fixed an issue causing too high status buildup in the beam pattern.

Voracious Terror
  • Enemy Orientation Fix During Flight:
    Addressed an issue preventing proper orientation towards the player while flying.
  • Charge Attack Hitbox Reduction:
    Reduced the size of the hitbox for charge attacks.

Frozen Necrogash
  • Claw Projectile Display Fix:
    Corrected a display issue with the claw projectile appearing on the wrong layer.
  • Flip Attack Charge Time Increase:
    Increased the charge time for flip attacks.
  • Claw Projectile Lifetime Reduction:
    Decreased the claw projectile's lifetime by 2 seconds.

Glowing Pest
  • Damage Cooldown Group Addition:
    Added a damage cooldown group to projectiles to mitigate excessively high damage.

Giant Patron
  • Invisible Wall Bug Fix:
    Resolved a bug in Deep Forest causing enemies to get stuck on an invisible wall near the Giant Patron arena.
  • Recovery Time Reduction:
    Decreased recovery time after attacks.

Sister of Sacrament
  • Death Fire Damage Fix:
    Addressed an issue preventing death fire from damaging the player.
  • Dodge Rest Removal:
    Removed the rest period after performing a dodge.
  • Continuous Dash on Breakables:
    Dash now continues even upon hitting breakables.
  • Delayed Spin Attack Damage Frames:
    Active damage frames for the spin attack will now appear slightly later.

Hallowed Priestess of Sacrament
  • Dive Range Increase:
    Extended the range of the dive attack.
  • Death Explosion Damage:
    Death explosion can now inflict damage on the player.
  • Additional Armor During Dive:
    Added +50% armor while diving down.

Vile Clergyman
  • Shooting Prioritization:
    Will now prioritize shooting more frequently.
  • Close-Range Firing Damage:
    Added firing damage when the player is in close proximity to a gun.

Grotesque Courtier
  • Iframes Bypassing Attacks:
    The first attack of the combo and flip attack will now bypass invincibility frames (Iframes).
  • Reduced Flip Attack Cooldown:
    Decreased the cooldown time for flip attacks.
  • Enhanced Behind Range Detection:
    Increased detection range from behind.

White Lady
  • Reduced Flip Attack Cooldown:
    Decreased the cooldown time for flip attacks.

Ornate Swordsman
  • Armor Boost While Attacking:
    Now has 40% armor during attacks.
  • Enhanced Detection in Water:
    Increased detection range while hiding in water.

Masked Obscenity
  • Double Damage Issue Fix:
    Corrected a problem that caused the player to receive double damage.
  • Increased Optimal Range:
    Expanded the optimal range for staying away from the player.

Strange Presence
  • Iframes Ignoring Grab:
    The grab attack now ignores invincibility frames.

Bug Fixes

• Spell and Item Damage Fix: Fixed a bug that prevented some spells and items from dealing damage to certain traps and bosses.
  • Music Resumption Issue: Resolved an issue causing the music to resume after the Voracios Terror miniboss fight.
  • Manor Cinematic Flicker Fix: Addressed an animation flicker in the Manor cinematic.
  • Credits Display Fix: Corrected the display of credits on various resolutions.
  • Sprite Effect Application Fix: Fixed a bug preventing sprite effects from being applied to the player during boss death cutscenes.
  • Map Screen Glitches: Resolved various small glitches on the map screen.
  • Cutscene Music Stopping: Fixed issues with music stopping in some cutscenes.
  • Lady Dorothea's End-Game State: She now accepts livers in her end-game state.
  • NPC Dialogue Repetition: Fixed an issue where some NPCs would repeat dialogue unintentionally.
  • Abberant Form Stuck Fix: Players no longer get stuck when hit in Abberant Form.
  • Infinite AirDash Glitch: Resolved the Player Infinite AirDash glitch.
  • Wall Stuck Issue in Abberant Form: Fixed an issue where players could sometimes get stuck in walls using Abberant Form.
  • Leena’s Bow Damage Display: Damage numbers now show correctly for Leena’s Bow in the inventory.
  • Stigma Use on Ladders: Stigmas can no longer be used whilst in the ladder-grab animation, preventing player control lock.
  • Barsov Electrocution Effect: Fixed the spell effect remaining on screen when falling from a platform.
  • Dried Cold One Livers Drop Fix: Ensured Dried Cold One Livers are dropped as intended.
  • The Last Faith Achievement: Fixed the achievement on PC.
  • "Unborn of the Midnight Aristocracy" Quest: Can now be completed.
  • Boss Item Inventory Addition: Boss items missing from inventory due to previous bugs will be added automatically.
  • Drowned Crypt Note Duplication: Fixed an issue where the same note could be found twice.
  • Frost Bombs Spike Damage Scaling: Ensured damage of spikes from Frost Bombs scales properly.
  • Wooden Ladder Sound Fix: Fixed issues where some wooden ladders made metal step sounds.
  • Abberant Form Activation Requirement: Can only be activated when the Power Bar is at 100%.
  • Nycrux Multiplication Fix: Nycrux acquired from floating lost nycrux after death are not multiplied by power-up effects.
  • Elevator and Electrocuted Status Issue: Fixed an issue caused by using elevators with the Electrocuted status.
  • Chain Gates Icons on Minimap: Now shown correctly.
  • Resolution Tracking: Changes in resolution are now tracked.
  • Softlock Prevention: Fixed a rare issue where players could be softlocked if grabbed by an enemy while entering a door.
  • Saving Issues: Actions taken to solve various saving issues.

Miscellaneous Updates
  • Game Pause on Full Screen UI: The game now pauses when the full screen UI is open.
  • Nycrux Spawning Mechanic: Dying in boss arenas causes lost Nycrux to spawn outside the arena at the last checkpoint visited.
  • Grapple Hook Addition in High Walls of Mythringal: Added to avoid dead ends.
  • Ground Addition Under Ladders in Damned Ruins: Included in the Osseus Fortress scene to prevent dead ends.
  • Extra Chains for Elevators in Ordens Regnant Palace: Added to enhance visual feedback.
  • Ledge Grab Improvement: Adjusted to make it easier to grab certain ledges.
  • Persistence of Ice Spike Traps: Now remain destroyed after leaving the room.
  • Nycrux Bombs Effectiveness: Now consistently break destructible doorways and walls.
  • Exploit Fixes for Hungry and Starving Essence: Addressed and resolved.
  • Charm Equipment Logic Change: Altered to allow equipping charms without a stigma equipped.
  • Expanded Inventory of The Old Wymond: Now includes Blue Haemolymph Shards.
  • Lady Dorothea's Stock Update: Sells an infinite stock of Demishade Ore after receiving 3 livers.
  • Blue Haemolymph Shard and Chunk Rebalancing: Adjusted the focus charged.
  • Cutscene Addition Post-Federal Inquisition: Implemented to indicate the critical path clearly.
  • New "All" Tab in Shops: Introduced for easier navigation.
  • Abberant Form Balancing: Adjusted for late-game balance.
  • Enhanced Damage for Boxes/Vases: Improved when thrown against enemies, scaling more with Strength.
  • Map Screen Updates: Now shows areas where the player dies from falls and unreachable outline edges.
  • Arena Gate Issue Prevention: Actions taken to address gates not opening as intended.
  • Breakable Object Smoke Adjustment: Aligned with the size of the breakables.
  • Electricity Trap Hitbox Reduction: Decreased the hitbox area.
  • Movable Box Landing Effect Removal: No longer plays on scene load.
  • Time Slow Removal from Specific Attacks: Applied to various player attacks for consistency.
  • UI Visibility During Boss Intros: Disabled UI display during cinematic intros for certain bosses.
  • Ice Trap Mechanic Change: Now breaks on player contact, with reduced damage and status buildup.
  • Automatic Enemy Targeting in Arenas: Implemented for enhanced gameplay.
  • Adjustment to White Flashes: Made slightly darker.
  • Spectre’s Lament Spell Particle Improvement: Enhanced for better visual effects.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
The 1st patch has arived with a crap ton of improvements and bug fixes (patch notes contain spoilers, so read at your own risk guys):

3oxHQCoIwppvOPRKYU.gif

Great stuff, fixing pretty much every issue with the game minus the shitty map fog of war. Not sure if I'll be testing it out but looking at the gameplay tweaks devs took feedback to heart and new players are in for a real treat.

fYhfhTe.jpg

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'll wait for NG+ to replay the game with new features, fixes etc. plus ugrade and use other very cool weapons. NG+ was promised as one of the Kickstarter goals so it'll be added eventually.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Is this better than Blasphemous and Moonscars ?

I'd get it but at 27 Eurodollars is way too steep of a price for an indie game.

Cheers

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Is this better than Blasphemous
Miles better than the first Blashemous (I haven't played the 2nd one yet, but from what I've heard, it's better than the 1st one).
and Moonscars ?
Also miles better and much more like a true metroidvania than Moonscars - I found this game way too difficult for no reason, dropped it after a few hours and never looked back.

Cheers
If you're still not sure, wait for a winter sale, maybe there'll be 20% discount or somethin'. But I think it's worth it at a full price no question.

Last edited:

PanzerCute

Is this better than Blasphemous and Moonscars ?

Cheers
Much, much better than Moonscars (this one was pretty meh imo)

Blasphemous to me is insanely good, so I cannot say yet, but it feels at least the same level of quality.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Miles better than the first Blashemous (I haven't played the 2nd one yet, but from what I've heard, it's better than the 1st one).

Also miles better and much more like a true metroidvania than Moonscars - I found this game way to difficult for no reason and dropped it after a few hours and never looked back.

If you're still not sure, wait for a Winter sale, maybe there'll be 20% discount or somethin'. But I think it's worth it at a full price no question.

What a polite and thorough reply, appreciate it man !

Thanks

Bartski

Gold Member

Also miles better and much more like a true metroidvania than Moonscars - I found this game way too difficult for no reason, dropped it after a few hours and never looked back.

If you're still not sure, wait for a winter sale, maybe there'll be 20% discount or somethin'. But I think it's worth it at a full price no question.
If you played Moonscars on release, it had bad balance issues and semi-broken mechanics that all got patched sometime after. I liked it a lot all the way, imo worth giving another shot to scratch that Metroidvania itch

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
If you played Moonscars on release, it had bad balance issues and semi-broken mechanics that all got patched sometime after. I liked it a lot all the way, imo worth giving another shot to scratch that Metroidvania itch
Is that so? Well then, in that case I'll give it another shot:messenger_relieved:

PanzerCute

Thanks for the heads up, I might try it again as it's on PS+ extra this month I think.

How hard is this from 0 to Sekiro?
It is quite punishing, some mobs combo can be a pain and the negative effects are pretty brutal. But it's really not that hard imo, and you can level up to make things easier.

I played 3 more hours this morning and I am really in love with it. The progression feels really fluid and open for a Soulsvania, there are a shit ton of pnjs with simple quests and secrets everywhere and its never a hassle to go back in previous zones.
And the bosses are really great. Not very hard but well designed and fun to fight.

For now I think I enjoy it more than Blasphemous 2, which felt too safe for a sequel.

Top Bottom