• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

dan2026

So I just started reading Deadly Class yesterday. And today Jeff Bakalar is talking about it on this weeks Giant Beastcast.

Weird how that happens.

Anyone else read the first two issues of Rucka's The Old Guard?

It just seems so damn bland to me. Very little characterization, narrative pull, and just overall very little going on.

Man, the Guardians of the Galaxy Telltale Trailer was so unfunny
Them going up against Thanos yet again is just so boring.

Where are these collected?
Here! Missed one:
tumblr_onoelnxlj21uwl1kay1.jpg

ComicsAlliance is dead. RIP

I just finished the Year One graphic novel and loved it. Below is my list of planned Batman graphic novels to read. What I need help with is properly ordering them and possibly removing a few off the list. I am not looking to add any more to this list (at least not at this time.) So how would you guys adjust this order or cut any from the list?
  1. The Man Who Laughs
  2. The Long Halloween
  3. Dark Victory
  4. The Killing Joke
  5. A Death in the Family
  6. Knightfall 1
  7. Knightfall 2
  8. Knightfall 3
  9. Hush
  10. Under the Red Hood
  11. The Black Glove
  12. Heart of Hush
  13. Batman and Son
  14. Batman RIP
  15. Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?
  16. The Black Mirror
  17. The Dark Knight Returns
  18. DKIII
  19. The new 52
Thoughts?
Thanks!

dan2026

I'm not sure I see the similarities of Deadly Class and Persona, but it's nice Bakalar reads nice comics!
I see where he's coming from as a guy who doesn't really know jrpgs or persona.
A team of kids at school, who have crazy adventures but also have to balance relationships.

Of course Deadly Class is a lot darker and more mature (not to mention violent) than Persona ever was.

I just finished the Year One graphic novel and loved it. Below is my list of planned Batman graphic novels to read. What I need help with is properly ordering them and possibly removing a few off the list. I am not looking to add any more to this list (at least not at this time.) So how would you guys adjust this order or cut any from the list!

I would also look up Paul Dinis run in Detective Comics. And maybe read it before the Morrison run. It includes several story arcs and one offs, including the excellent 'Heart of Hush'.
It's all been collected in several trades.

In order I believe they are:

Batman :Detective
Batman : Death and the City
Batman : Private Casebook
Batman : Heart of Hush

DC should really do a big collection of Dini Batman.

Oh also read Mad Love. A one off story also by Dini.

VanWinkle

I just finished the Year One graphic novel and loved it. Below is my list of planned Batman graphic novels to read. What I need help with is properly ordering them and possibly removing a few off the list. I am not looking to add any more to this list (at least not at this time.) So how would you guys adjust this order or cut any from the list?
  1. The Man Who Laughs
  2. The Long Halloween
  3. Dark Victory
  4. The Killing Joke
  5. A Death in the Family
  6. Knightfall 1
  7. Knightfall 2
  8. Knightfall 3
  9. Hush
  10. Under the Red Hood
  11. The Black Glove
  12. Heart of Hush
  13. Batman and Son
  14. Batman RIP
  16. The Black Mirror
  18. DKIII
  19. The new 52
Thoughts?
Thanks!

I wouldn't read The Black Glove, Batman and Son, and Batman RIP unless you're going to read the whole Morrison run, so you can cut those out since you're not wanting to add to the list.

About Knightfall trilogy, you may want to pace yourself. That's like almost 2000 pages of very 90s content. Maybe do one volume and then read a couple others from the list before doing another volume.

1. The Man Who Laughs
  2. The Long Halloween
  3. Dark Victory
  4. The Killing Joke
  5. A Death in the Family
  6. Knightfall 1
  7. Knightfall 2
  8. Knightfall 3
  9. Hush
  10. Under the Red Hood
  11. The Black Glove
  12. Heart of Hush
  13. Batman and Son
  14. Batman RIP
  16. The Black Mirror
  18. DKIII
  19. The new 52
Thoughts?
Thanks!

Don't bother with DKIII. I'd probably bump up DKR since it's an alternate universe story and can be read any time.

oh gee i don't know multiversity

jesus

This would be my pick. Predictable, but I like their Mignola coverage haha. They do a good mix of weekly features and articles too. They've provided some fantastic interview podcasts as well.

Also, I know comicosity's review scores are ridiculous, but I kind of love there's such a positive vibe and culture there, at least that's what I get where they tend to review stuff so highly and be so enthusiastic.

tim1138

1. The Man Who Laughs
  2. The Long Halloween
  3. Dark Victory
  4. The Killing Joke
  5. A Death in the Family
  6. Knightfall 1
  7. Knightfall 2
  8. Knightfall 3
  9. Hush
  10. Under the Red Hood
  11. The Black Glove
  12. Heart of Hush
  13. Batman and Son
  14. Batman RIP
  16. The Black Mirror
  18. DKIII
  19. The new 52
Thoughts?
Thanks!

Personally I'd ditch the Killing Joke, Hush, Under the Red Hood, and DK3. And if you're going to read the Black Glove, Batman and Son, and RIP, you should read Morrison's Batman & Robin, and Batman Inc to finish out his run.

Name a DC or Marvel character that you know without a doubt smokes weed.

GO.

Abby Arcane

Cheers for the answers regarding Clean Room on the last page btw. Maybe I'll hold off on that then? It'll probably come down to my next order and if I'm looking to fill it or cut it down.

Top Bottom