• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom |OT|

You really don't need the Master Sword, that is a late game weapon. There are many better weapons, unfortunately you need to work your way up beating stronger enemies.

Both BotW/Totk has a hidden experience bar which the enemies get stronger the more you defeat them. From red>Blue>white>silver enemies, in turn they drop stronger weapons and items to fuse.

Also a tip for stronger weapons just like BotW, explore
Hyrule castle
. All weapons respawn after a Bloodmoon.

For Weapons
Glide from Lookout Tower to top of Castle in the Throne room - there are powerful Royal weapons
Of course you don't need it (although I would argue that it's not really a "late game" weapon, seeing how it's pretty weak anyway). I just mentioned it to show you don't need a super-strong weapon for that boss; actually, I'm pretty sure most weapons you'll find in chests in the dungeon itself are stronger.

zeldaring

Banned
Please no.

I like From Software's Souls games, don't get me wrong. But that kind of combat is the last thing I want Nintendo to pursue for Zelda. I'd rather they come up with something new for the next game.
I'm not even talking about the punishing difficulty. The way lock on works, a proper dodge or side step would be nice. Healing where you don't have to pause the game. just, weapons that don't break. Just things that don't disrupt the flow of the combat. Anyway you rather have shit like SS combat which is dated as shit then dark souls at least bring something up that's consider good or great today.

Hardensoul

Of course you don't need it (although I would argue that it's not really a "late game" weapon, seeing how it's pretty weak anyway). I just mentioned it to show you don't need a super-strong weapon for that boss; actually, I'm pretty sure most weapons you'll find in chests in the dungeon itself are stronger.
I know Master Sword is weak, my late game comment is just that. Unless you luck into finding the where Master Sword early. You won't know where it's located until late in the game. I have way more powerful on handed weapon, Gerudo Scimitar prestine with +10 affix and Scimitar of the seven.

Hardensoul

when do you get this stuff like 120 hours into the game?
It's harder to explain how to get the Zonaite stuff. Suggest watching videos about Zonaite items and energy cells/Batteries. For fuse on weapons he's using Lynel horns specifically Silver horns, you got a long ways to go to see silver Lynels. But the other fuse I saw was dragon horns different elementals, those are the ones flying around.

The Hylian shield is actually easy to get, same area as BotW much easier in TotK. Just solve a puzzle.

zeldaring

Banned
It's harder to explain how to get the Zonaite stuff. Suggest watching videos about Zonaite items and energy cells/Batteries. For fuse on weapons he's using Lynel horns specifically Silver horns, you got a long ways to go to see silver Lynels. But the other fuse I saw was dragon horns different elementals, those are the ones flying around.

The Hylian shield is actually easy to get, same area as BotW much easier in TotK. Just solve a puzzle.
Exactly my point. he's posting videos showing how cool the combat but 99% of gamers won't be doing all that till like 140 hours and thats if they watch guides and are skilled.

Hardensoul

Exactly my point. he's posting videos showing how cool the combat but 99% of gamers won't be doing all that till like 140 hours and thats if they watch guides and are skilled.
It doesn't take that long to get those items. Those are pro gamers that's put in 1k hrs in BoTW all they do is play TotK for content. It's cool seeing those videos but you can certainly do some of those stuff. Maybe not string those long combos together.

Last edited:

Hudo

I'm not even talking about the punishing difficulty. The way lock on works, a proper dodge or side step would be nice. Healing where you don't have to pause the game. just, weapons that don't break. Just things that don't disrupt the flow of the combat. Anyway you rather have shit like SS combat which is dated as shit then dark souls at least bring something up that's consider good or great today.
I want them to try something new.

zeldaring

Banned
It doesn't take that long to get those items. Those are pro gamers that's put in 1k hrs in BoTW all they do is play TotK for content. It's cool seeing those videos but you can certainly do some of those stuff. Maybe not string those long combos together.
Yea i'm the type of gamer that just wants to get into the gameplay. i'm 100 hours in Elden Ring and didn't even how to use a summons lol. I only started doing guides and experimenting if i can't beat a boss or stuck somewhere. Maybe TOTK is to o complicated for my personal tastes. I have 2 temples down and 20 shrines down. I only have 1 of those charge things is that normal? in that combat video he has like 10x the amount of charge i have.

Hardensoul

Yea i'm the type of gamer that just wants to get into the gameplay. i'm 100 hours in Elden Ring and didn't even how to use a summons lol. I only started doing guides and experimenting if i can't beat a boss or stuck somewhere. Maybe TOTK is to o complicated for my personal tastes. I have 2 temples down and 20 shrines down. I only have 1 of those charge things is that normal? in that combat video he has like 10x the amount of charge i have.
Have you even gotten quest to go down to the depths? Should've been one of your earliest quest from Lookout landing. Zonaite ore > exchange for Energy cells or Crystallized charges for upgrade batteries. Energy cells can be placed into those vendors for zoaite items like wings, wheels, lasers, cannons...ands so on.

zeldaring

Banned
Have you even gotten quest to go down to the depths? Should've been one of your earliest quest from Lookout landing. Zonaite ore > exchange for Energy cells or Crystallized charges for upgrade batteries. Energy cells can be placed into those vendors for zoaite items like wings, wheels, lasers, cannons...ands so on.
Yea i did i have 140 of those Ores. Yea exhanged for items but never for more battery is that permanent upgrade? I'm gonna go try now. thanks.

Hardensoul

Yea i did i have 140 of those Ores. Yea exhanged for items but never for more battery is that permanent upgrade? I'm gonna go try now. thanks.
100 crystallized charges for 1 bar, Defeating mini bosses in depths crop crystallized charges. Hynox, Frox, Stone Talus or tougher Lynels in depths, defeat hose are quicker than ore turn ins.

This isn't spoiler if you been down depths. Edit: Great Forge and any vendors restock every 20mins but you need to not be in that area for the timer to start.

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
140 hours? :messenger_grinning_sweat: No my friends if you are skilled you can doos that after you get off sky island

those moves take a lots of time to learn the skills thoughs this is pro levels

zeldaring

Banned
140 hours? :messenger_grinning_sweat: No my friends if you are skilled you can doos that after you get off sky island

those moves take a lots of time to learn the skills thoughs this is pro levels
I have 40 hours in the game. i would not consider myself a very skilled player, I have beaten god of war on god of war mode, sikero, bloodborne, nioh and many other challenging games. while the video stuff is cool, The Melee combat in the game sucks imo. No where in the game does it show how to do any of those things in the video, and i don't find it fun to experiment with 100 or even 1000s of times or watch guides. If this game gave me combat like those games above, and a proper horse then it would probably be my goat on better hardware. Cause i don't need to those a bunch crazy shit and the basic combat is just fun in those games.

Last edited:

drganon

After taking a little break from the game, I went back and beat the wind temple. I've got two more temples to go since I beat the water temple a while ago.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
This game has taken over societies the next GTA

I finished this 100% stopped playing but come back to check my threads sometimes this is wheres legends were made see yous at the 2023 GOTYs

5cV.gif

Scotty W

I have a question about this video.

The dazzlefruit can be used on light source sensor.

Is that because the sensors were programmed specifically that way, or is because the dazzlefruit programming is connected to the light ( in general) in the game?

I am guessing the latter, which makes me really wonder about the physics/chemistry underlying the game.

MagnesD3

Finally finished playing it (until DLC) at 180 hours clocked in, was a great game and might be the GOTY (not playing BG3 this year so AC6 is the only other real competitor). I think it completely does what the original BOTW set out to do and it does it well, most of the problems from BOTW have had some sort of bandaid or improvement upon them, the only thing the original BOTW had better was pacing (the sky/abilities ruins this lol but its more fun so w/e) and better exploration since the entire world was new (but it was still pretty dang good this time with all the new stuff dont get it twisted), I would argue though that it basically replaces BOTW.

The game does feel like Ultra BOTW Arcade Edition 2013 ver. more than a sequel, a very glorified expansion, this does hurt this game some do a feeling of sameness and REALLY hurts BOTW if you ever wanted to replay it (which I didnt so w/e). In a general big thing that made enjoy this one so much more was all of the bandiads that they hand out, they do alot of work and coming in knowing what to expect in terms of high quality dungeon puzzle design (meaning it aint there). What BOTW did well was it created the first good open world (at least that Ive played) in open world games and incredible exploration with the interesting novelty of Open Game Design, but it had a lot of problems not even just talking about the drop of the iconic Masterclass Dungeon/Puzzle game design, dungeon bosses, or music for whatever the Divine Beasts are. While I think BOTW was Very Good/Innovative I never understood the whole "IZ THA BEST GAME EVAR" discussion because it clearly wasnt even the best 3d Zelda let alone video game. Some of these negatives for example are that the weapon breaking system is a bad system that also bled into hurting the reward system in BOTW that made you not wanna interact with an already mid combat with a lack of enemy variety, one of the best rewards for exploration the shrines also had like 30% of them be terrible repetitive Guardian fights also the rewards for those shrines are Hearts which are useful but you shouldnt be picking them if you want to have any fun thanks to the incredibly restrictive unfun Stamina bar that keeps you at bay from exploring to your hearts content or getting anywhere quickly.

TOTK puts a nice bandaid on the weapon breaking system by adding the Fuse system that makes weapons last longer before breaking and lets you have more fun in the process of using them, which in turn makes the reward system better because you can actually care about what you are picking up (they also improve the reward system through the addition things like Old Maps, Sage Wills, Crystals and Schemas), I do wish the Fuse system had more of a Puzzle application since once you understand its purpose like 2 hours into the game it doesnt evolve in any meaningful application past that but it is a very important bandaid for improving past system failures. The combat in this game is still mid as hell but it is more fun not only because of the Fuse system but because there is alot more enemy variety (in comparison at least to BOTW) this time and the Sages that you collect throughout the game thankfully let these interactions last not long enough to become incredibly tedious like BOTW, the combat is still very repetitive/not very interesting but it can be nice to just run over mobs with ease to collect rewards at the very least. As for the Shrines they are definitely better on the whole simply by making the combat shrines more than just fight a Guardian 25 times, I also think they are more interesting due to the Zonai Devices just being fun things to interact with and your abilities being better designed all around on the whole, that said they arent perfect. They still have the main issue of like in BOTW not being super memorable or challenging, Id argue that even though there are more fun mechanics at play here that BOTW actually had a few more memorable ones that I remember being a bit more intricate and longer than the very short finger food that is the TOTK Shrines. I still think Shrine's are a good reward mechanism for exploration but they are still just so lacking in comparison Puzzle design wise in comparison to older 3d Zelda's that made Zelda special, this sadly still persists in their dungeons as well.

The Dungeons of TOTK are definitely better than the Divine Beasts, they have more atmosphere, you go in with a buddy ability that would help you, they are slightly longer, the music is better than most of the game, there would usually be a light gimmick and the boss would usually be cool (Coldera was the coolest), that being said while they were definitely better they are still a far cry from the excellent Puzzle Box's that Nintendo once crafted. While the path leading up to the dungeons were usually very fun/interesting the dungeons themselves were kind of like a Mega Shrine if anything, the actual dungeon might be 30-45 minutes instead of the 10-15 a shrine might take, they were all super open just like the rest of the game so you didnt have to interact with the light puzzle setups in a very interesting way, they were all designed the same way with finding 5 or so switches to open the boss door, it was easy, short and mostly forgettable. In older 3D Zelda's a dungeon may take a few hours to figure out and explore all the nooks and crannies, you got to leave with usually an interesting powerup to use in later areas as well and the atmosphere would be stellar, you could never forget how interesting they were and they often made you have to think to boot, the length and openness just cut the impact so much that it is very depressing that if things stay as they are we will most likely never experience these one of a kind masterclass Puzzle Boxes that Nintendo is known for crafting but as I said earlier I came in knowing it was gonna be this way and I tried to enjoy it for whats there the best I could so it wouldn't dampen the experience so much. That said they were still fun and I liked the fact you got to take a Sage back with you into the overworld to help make exploring it a better experience, this game is Finger food the game are in line with that design philosophy.

As for the Exploration I was afraid coming into TOTK that it would be severely damaged due to that being BOTW's greatest strength and it being the same overworld thankfully due to the combination your abilities, the sky, the depths, and wells/cave's while it has less mystique and intrigue on the whole for sure its more fun mechanically with still some surprises. That Green Unfun bar thankfully doesnt exist in this game, its all heart pieces rewards like the days of old lol. If you want to travel falling from the sky to get where you want or using the ascend to skip the climbing or rewinding fallen pieces or even building a balloon to rise up its just alot more fun/easier to get around, yes the horse mechanics are still ass, yes the pacing of the game is totally screwed up as a result but it leads to an incredible dopamine filled loop. Go to the sky to explore, fall to the depths to explore, explore the changes of older areas, its still very effective and will eat up hours like crazy, anytime you get bored of an area just switch. Yes you will get the gist of what to expect everywhere in the Sky, Depths and Ground within the first 10 hours but it will still remain fun throughout even if there's not alot in particular that stands out, like I say its alot of finger food. To get specific I really enjoyed the vibe of the Sky, the music finally is somewhat good up here with the Jazzy vibe and playing with the zonai tools tools to get where I want to go is fun too, the depths while I think are a bit lesser than the sky for me due to being mostly empty I really did enjoy just wondering in the dark to the next light root and finding yiga hideouts/mines/armor that said the fact you can go through most of the game without autobuild is criminal, Im very thankful I just stumbled upon it early since it helps a ton with exploration. The addition of Caves/Wells was also nice even though I did kinda grow tired of them once I seen the same Cave texture for the 50th time, they were still a nice addition.

One of the other things I didnt mention that as a way to segway to talking about the Story are the Tears that you can find as a reward for exploration, I didnt even know about collecting these things until someone IRL told me to talk to Impa, I didnt have a story cutscene from the past for like my first 50 or more hours (another problem with the Open Design..). After I found out I got them relatively quickly over several more hours and while I enjoyed them as a reward I came across interested but not really satisfied, there was 2 Zonai but we know nothing about them really, Ganondorf seemingly has motivation but we dont know it other than he is bad I guess, they tease intrigue with a majority of the Gerudo following him as their King but it goes nowhere (also god is Ganondorfs english voice terrible it doesnt fit him at all), needless to say there's no real connections to past zelda titles no triforce stuff its just there to say Ganon is powerful and evil so yeah I wasnt really invested against the villain again like BOTW. However with the Tears the Dragon stuff with Zelda was very effective and would have remained effective if they last bit of the story didnt just come up with a weak asspull. Anywho to continue with the Dungeon Area story stuff I liked the setup for all of the Areas they were well done the parts that were weak for me were often the cutscenes at the beginning and end of these story segments, Idk they just dont feel like they are necessary I vastly prefer the older Zelda's story telling here I dont think I like Voice Acting on the whole for Zelda after playing with it for 2 games, having to see the repetitive generic Sage cutscenes everytime wasnt great. So the main story was whatever it still suffers due to the Open structure of the game but unlike BOTW I was really digging the Side stories this time, I enjoyed the Hudson, Cece, Lureilin Village, Yiga Clan story stuff in particular, unlike BOTW I did almost every Side Quest I found since I still wanted to keep playing this game even around the 150 hour mark. To cap off Story stuff with a bit of Gamplay, I thought the Final Boss while fun suffered as well from the games weaknesses to the open design, it didnt feel like I had to fight Ganon incredibly well I could just tank all of his attacks and keep attacking him until he was dead or parry his strike and then he became a Dragon which is cool in concept was just alright in gameplay, none of it is close to TP, OoT or SS's final encounters but it was at least better than Calamity Ganon.

Even though Ive kind of mentioned some already besides the Sky and the Depths the real big thing that TOTK brings to the table is just a better ability set, I went over Fuse's, Ascend and Autobuilds contribution but Ultrahand is really what makes things at least feel new, I imagine that this mechanic is the real reason TOTK took so long to finish, its very Open ended yet intuitive, it lets you do alot with the playbox of Zonai Devices and really is the core of keeping the puzzle elements of the game interesting, they are fun and they work, its kind of incredible that I really didnt get tired of using a building mechanic 180 hours deep, says alot at how well it was implemented. There was also the Recall mechanic I mentioned a little earlier that I mostly used with traversal, it was probably my least favorite of the new mechanics but it was still a very well design mechanic as well for puzzle usage. On the whole I think the core of the base mechanics here are incredible what makes me sad is that it doesnt utilize that potential really in the puzzle design, its just too open and doesnt push the player mentally ever. The amount of intricate puzzles you could make with Ultrahand is crazy let alone adding Rewind, or Ascend or even Fuse, it just doesnt push it out of I guess fear of alienating the player, I wish modern Nintendo wasnt so afraid to challenge their playerbase mentally, especially in a game where you dont have to do all of the content, its not even like older Zeldas where if you got stuck you cant progress, no you could just dip if you couldnt figure it out, its just a shame they take all the time to build these great tool only to never use them beyond a basic understanding.

To finish my thoughts TOTK is a great video game thats still not better than the best 3D zelda's but you can at least make an argument for it being better than some of them now that its a complete version of BOTW, right now it is the best game I've played that's came out this year. On how I score games I consider BOTW Very Good or a 9.4 (gave it Great 9.5 on release due to an extra point because of the innovation to the Open World design) and for TOTK Great or a 9.5 (if BOTW as a base didnt exist I would have given this a 9.6 Amazing). It's funny to newer people I think its still correct to have them play BOTW first that way they get to experience more fun games but part of me just wants to tell them to just play TOTK since it would be a way better experience if I had never played BOTW, just something funny to think about.

As for my desires in the future I still hope in future 3D Zelda titles we can get more Linear game design particularly on the Dungeons as it is still the only way to construct these incredible Puzzle Boxes but Im not going to hold my breath, at this point Ive already accepted that 3D Zelda from now on while fun is just not for people who played it for its one of a kind incredible Puzzle designs and as a result there will never be a chance at overtaking in quality some of the incredible older 3D Zelda titles, the newer style is just too popular with mainstream audiences and a large part of older 3D Zelda fans didnt play for the incredible puzzles but for the great exploration in those games so I doubt the push back will be enough for Nintendo to make any significant changes, the current way of Designing puzzles I imagine is a lot easier to boot.

Last edited:

boo

Gold Member
This game is overflowing with goodness. I just keep running around, exploring. Those muddle flowers are hilarious. Watch the mayhem. Maybe I should go and help a certain Goron with a dungeon, who keeps getting annoyed when I suddenly have to leave again… Maybe I should continue on that second dungeon. Oh, I am getting low on muddle flowers, got to go and collect some more… Oops, must remember arrows, stock up on food. Oh yeah, I was supposed to save someone… Maybe later.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
The Depths alone could be considered the equivalent of DLC. I bet most people haven't even explored 50% of what's down there.
Meh, I want more dungeons/shrines/bosses. The depths are cool but weren’t my cup of tea personally. I found the ground/sky both more fun.

Jsisto

The Depths alone could be considered the equivalent of DLC. I bet most people haven't even explored 50% of what's down there.
Ah yes, the depths. The epitome of recycled assets. It’s the same landscape repeated to fill an entire map. Full of armor recycled from the previous game and enemies recycled from Hyrule proper. If you’ve been to the depths once, you’ve pretty much seen all it has to offer. was probably one of the easiest thing s in the game for them to develop. Huge disappointment. The only thing remotely interesting and unique about the depths are……Frox?

Last edited:

Gambit2483

Ah yes, the depths. The epitome of recycled assets. It’s the same landscape repeated to fill an entire map. Full of armor recycled from the previous game and enemies recycled from Hyrule proper. If you’ve been to the depths once, you’ve pretty much seen all it has to offer. was probably one of the easiest thing s in the game for them to develop. Huge disappointment. The only thing remotely interesting and unique about the depths are……Frox?
TYkWNx3.gif

That Yiga disrespect

Jsisto

TYkWNx3.gif

That Yiga disrespect
Ok ok. But my point still stands. It’s largely barren and devoid of any real content aside from the one Yiga side quest chain. I mean they didn’t even put caves down there, which would have made it a bit more interesting. It’s a huge map of nothing once you really start exploring it.

Fools idol

Banned
Exploration is handsomely rewarded in this game, it never feels like a cave is 'just another cave'.

So many times I wandered into a cavern and it just sprawls out in front of me with multiple paths and satisfying loot at the end. Playing with my daughter and the gameplay loop for blossom trees and cave hunting is our favourite part of the game. Discovering all the various Zonai ruins and artifacts has my 4 year old daughter engrossed. It's been a long time since a world has felt this vast and well crafted, every corner seemingly hiding some quests or treasure or weapons and armour sets.

If this game had a platinum trophy I would have happily powered through for a 100% run.

This has been the best year for gaming in decades, but even with all the fantastic releases I think this will ultimately be my game of the year for just how much staying power it has, and the constant feeling of adventure which is really hard to capture these days. I didn't get to play Breath of the wild so no idea how it compares but for me this is an absolute 10/10 in every possible fashion. It's very hard for me to fault as a relaxing game to play with my kid.

Last edited:

Yonyx

Does anyone know how to find out the number of posters I have solved? I know there are 81 in total, but I don't know how to see how many I have found.

Last edited:
Ok I think I‘m playing this game wrong. I‘m constantly out of weapons, the only weapons I can find are some low level rusty swords and some soup ladles. I managed to stuck up a lot of them, together with torches and managed to beat the
in the Zora temple

But after beating him I was at 0 weapons again and stacking them up without bombs is really difficult. And even if I do manage to find some weapons, they‘re so weak that they break after 3-4 hits.

Maybe I‘m too far in the game so that the game gives me harder enemies or maybe I just suck at this game, but the weapon durability as it is really sucks. Yeah, thanks for the ability to put a stone on my rusty sword, that increases the durability from 4 hits to 5 hits, what a great idea.

If somebody has a few ideas of how I can play this game without being annoyed constantly due to one terrible game mechanic, please tell me the secret of how to enjoy this game despite weapons breaking and running around without useful weapons all the time.

Maybe it was wrong to level up stamina as much as possible and clearing nothing but the shrines, my stamina level is already fully upgraded and I upgraded a few hearts as well. But still, it‘s mostly 1/2 hits from an enemy to see the game over screen again and that sucks.

Is it possible that Zelda is too hard for me?

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Ok I think I‘m playing this game wrong. I‘m constantly out of weapons, the only weapons I can find are some low level rusty swords and some soup ladles. I managed to stuck up a lot of them, together with torches and managed to beat the
in the Zora temple

But after beating him I was at 0 weapons again and stacking them up without bombs is really difficult. And even if I do manage to find some weapons, they‘re so weak that they break after 3-4 hits.

Maybe I‘m too far in the game so that the game gives me harder enemies or maybe I just suck at this game, but the weapon durability as it is really sucks. Yeah, thanks for the ability to put a stone on my rusty sword, that increases the durability from 4 hits to 5 hits, what a great idea.

If somebody has a few ideas of how I can play this game without being annoyed constantly due to one terrible game mechanic, please tell me the secret of how to enjoy this game despite weapons breaking and running around without useful weapons all the time.

Maybe it was wrong to level up stamina as much as possible and clearing nothing but the shrines, my stamina level is already fully upgraded and I upgraded a few hearts as well. But still, it‘s mostly 1/2 hits from an enemy to see the game over screen again and that sucks.

Is it possible that Zelda is too hard for me?
You can buy weapons in the Landing area, or even get some for free, they prob renew every blood moon. You should also join the crews that do skirmishes, lots of weapons there. You could also find the Master Sword as you build your arsenal of other weapons.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I played it 100 hours or so and decided to finish it. Looks like I'll need another 50 hours of grinding lol. This last section is tougher than any souls game. No save point, a lot enemies and gloom... I hate this gloom mechanic. This abnormal spike in difficulty towards the end of the game is ridiculous. If I didn't remember there was a medallion, I wouldn't play it again.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I played it 100 hours or so and decided to finish it. Looks like I'll need another 50 hours of grinding lol. This last section is tougher than any souls game. No save point, a lot enemies and gloom... I hate this gloom mechanic. This abnormal spike in difficulty towards the end of the game is ridiculous. If I didn't remember there was a medallion, I wouldn't play it again.
You can just cook 20 meals with sundelions and it makes it extremely manageable. Also, you can use the custom warp points so you can warp back and forth to the surface.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
You can skip most enemies there and just run to the end game, I don't think I fought a single lynel etc. on the way there the first time I found it by accident way too early and without intending to go finish the game (then just doubled back when I realized that was it), just exploring.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
You can just cook 20 meals with sundelions and it makes it extremely manageable. Also, you can use the custom warp points so you can warp back and forth to the surface.
Yeah I will do that thanks.
You can skip most enemies there and just run to the end game, I don't think I fought a single lynel etc. on the way there the first time I found it by accident way too early and without intending to go finish the game (then just doubled back when I realized that was it), just exploring.
That Lynel kicked my az real hard, then I managed to kill that army with 2 hearts left, expecting a save point after that but nah... I thought I have to go to a 2 hours earlier auto save but suddenly game warp me to the cliff where you jump to fight with that army and I put a travel medallion there. Now I'm preparing properly.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Eh? The final section was quite a breeze, even annoying ’cuz of the waves of enemies that I just ran past without looking back. Quite uninspired for such a game.
I've been avoiding the Lynel throughout the game, but in the final stage, suddenly I found the courage and sacrificed all my items and health to face it lol. I think I'll be more relaxed in my second attempt since I've probably skipped unnecessary places by putting the medallion in a far-off spot. The difficulty of this part (which is hard if you try to fight with everything in one go) motivated me to explore undiscovered areas on the map and complete unfinished quests, reigniting my interest in the game.

I'm starting to feel like I might read spoilers about the end in this thread :messenger_grinning: . I'll come back once I've finished the game. This is one of the best games in the history and I'll enjoy it to the fullest until the end. See ya.

I've been avoiding the Lynel throughout the game, but in the final stage, suddenly I found the courage and sacrificed all my items and health to face it lol. I think I'll be more relaxed in my second attempt since I've probably skipped unnecessary places by putting the medallion in a far-off spot. The difficulty of this part (which is hard if you try to fight with everything in one go) motivated me to explore undiscovered areas on the map and complete unfinished quests, reigniting my interest in the game.

I'm starting to feel like I might read spoilers about the end in this thread :messenger_grinning: . I'll come back once I've finished the game. This is one of the best games in the history and I'll enjoy it to the fullest until the end. See ya.
Yeah, in hindsight, I'm glad I finished the game before they patched the autohand chests cheese, because even if I could beat a normal Lynel without too much trouble (which is more than I could have said for BotW), I'd still rather avoid fighting an armored, silver, gloomed one...

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Seems like I've maximized my enjoyment by skipping the first game. It would've been beyond perfect without "that deep place", so I can only call it perfect in its current state. It was a magnificent, epic journey, and I immensely enjoyed playing it from start to finish, completing(sort of) it in 150 hours. Now, the toughest part will be starting 'BotW' after this. I think I'll need at least a year or two to get my mind off Hyrule. This is my personal GOTY, and it will be on my Top 3 games of all times list forever.

As a Dark Souls fan, I really wish melee combat could be further developed in the next game though. Using anything other than bomb arrows makes the game 10 times more difficult.

Phase

Tears of the Kingdom is great and all, but I really want a new Zelda reminiscent of the smaller focused words of OoT or MM. It doesn't necessarily have to be that small but less open-worldy.

MagnesD3

Tears of the Kingdom is great and all, but I really want a new Zelda reminiscent of the smaller focused words of OoT or MM. It doesn't necessarily have to be that small but less open-worldy.
Same but its not happening, Aenuma believes its nostalgia lol. As someone who is supposed to understand good game design that is damning not unlike miyamoto these days...

Personally Id accept a mix between the two, have a pretty huge open world to explore with a basic fun toolkit and shrines meanwhile having incredible old school dungeons with cool new items you can do in any order after completion have shrines pop up in the world that use that item (shrines that require multiple items from dungeons will pop up after they are obatined).

Have 4 dungeons available from the get go funnel them into a 5th that requires all those items then unlock (can be used to properly pace out a story too) a bigger outer rim to the world that has the remaining 4 Dungeons you can do in any order/explore and then you funel into a final dungeon with the finale of the story.

So essentially a ton of freedom with stong good game design funneling at proper moments to maintain high quality.

Top Bottom