• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom |OT|

small_law

So I don't know how many hours played I have at this point, but I'm very close to maxing out every piece of armor in the game. Being that as it may, a few days ago, I found out for the first time that you can sell armor. I was getting duplicates from Amiibo drops a lot. My armor inventory actually maxed out.

I just never looked at the tabs in the menu. I don't think I ever sold an armor piece in BotW. I actually don't know if you can or can't.

Besides me being a moron, the moral of the story is that selling a non-upgraded armor piece nets you a cool 600 rupees. If you're getting duplicate drops from Amiibo and you're constantly broke, this will go a long way.

charles8771

once again I´m tempted to buy a switch... But I just can´t bring myself to do it. The hardware is garbage and needs a refresh asap.... man this sucks.

Enjoy it guys! This looks special
This is Nintendo, what do you expected?

The Wii was just an overclocked Gamecube, far behind from the PS3 and Xbox 360 in terms of specs.

The Gamecube was the last Nintendo console that was very powerful at launch

Last edited:

Astral Dog

This is Nintendo, what do you expected?

The Wii was just an overclocked Gamecube, far behind from the PS3 and Xbox 360 in terms of specs.

The Gamecube was the last Nintendo console that was very powerful at launch

Nintendo left the power race years ago, thankfully they still know how to make great games

There will also always be complainers who are never happy with what they give them, for example for the next Switch we expect a system around the 8th generation power wise with modern features and advancements,that would be enough juice for some amazing portable games 🤤 but always will be party poopers who throw a fit because their PS5 is stronger

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news

Switch 2?

Fw-Cqpi-Ea-UAAR6-t.jpg

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Hardensoul Hardensoul

I think it was you and two other posters who helped me out. And it did.

So thank you and the others!

Sorry for not remembering your names!

I have sooo much Zonai stuff now ♡

Last edited:

Trunim

I played the first part where you climb up to the airship and stuff. It was kind of fun to climb all the way up there, felt like my first hours with Death Stranding or something. Anyway, reached the Zora place like 3 weeks ago and haven't played since. The story is your run-of-the-mill Zelda and the dialogue is fit for a child. I don't have any interest in creating different vehicles either and it felt like a chore to do the shrines, after you've done like 15 of them. I had some fun picking apples in the forest, but that can only take you so far. Too bad. Zelda was the only thing left for me at Nintendo that felt interesting, and now when that is also gone, well, no more Nintendo for me.

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Sunk about 160 hours into the game, and it was really great. I do think they should make this a trilogy with Link being forced to go into a new world, maybe the Twilight Realm?

Regardless, great game; pure Nintendo magic.

I do kind of feel like Link barely gets a “thank you” at the end of each adventure, but the story is always weak anyway.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Been running into a lot of game breaking bugs lately that cause me to redo long sections of the game from old saves, which also highlighted how absolute shit the save system is. Made me remember Nintendo isn't perfect and can still have a litany of lazy bugs just like any other dev.

calistan

Been running into a lot of game breaking bugs lately that cause me to redo long sections of the game from old saves, which also highlighted how absolute shit the save system is. Made me remember Nintendo isn't perfect and can still have a litany of lazy bugs just like any other dev.
Really? Any particularly good ones? My experience of the game was that you can basically break the intended sequence of everything, and it will just sort of catch you up by auto-completing loads of quests for you when you reach the correct point. A poor way to deliver the story but I never managed to get stuck anywhere.

Fools idol

Banned
Are there any rewards for the following things?

Fnding all korok seeds
Completing the full compendium

long time comitments, so just curious if anything is at the end?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Really? Any particularly good ones? My experience of the game was that you can basically break the intended sequence of everything, and it will just sort of catch you up by auto-completing loads of quests for you when you reach the correct point. A poor way to deliver the story but I never managed to get stuck anywhere.

Most of the worst bugs I've experienced recently involve things breaking in a way in which key items for quests simply vanish. Or, what appear to be scripting errors and events not kicking off, forcing me to reload - a few times as far back several previous autosaves. I ran into a few of each during A Call From the Depths most recently.

Hardensoul

Most of the worst bugs I've experienced recently involve things breaking in a way in which key items for quests simply vanish. Or, what appear to be scripting errors and events not kicking off, forcing me to reload - a few times as far back several previous autosaves. I ran into a few of each during A Call From the Depths most recently.
I’m 450hrs, still on 1.1 patch or lower because I turned off updates since 1st week. I’ve not run into any game breaking glitches or any that would reset my game by itself.

What version are you playing on? Or are you emulating?

Edit: I’m also on launch Switch. I’m amazed I’ve not run into game breaking glitches. But I do get the FPS drops, which I expected.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I’m 450hrs, still on 1.1 patch or lower because I turned off updates since 1st week. I’ve not run into any game breaking glitches or any that would reset my game by itself.

yeah, the only bug I had was me clipping into a lift in a shrine.

Hardensoul

yeah, the only bug I had was me clipping into a lift in a shrine.
I didn’t even get that yet. I added that I’m still on launch Switch. FPS drops were more my issue but they aren’t as bad as BoTW FPS drops. With more than 3 sages out it’s bad when going into enemy camp! 😂

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

Edit: I’m also on launch Switch. I’m amazed I’ve not run into game breaking glitches. But I do get the FPS drops, which I expected.

Not emulating, latest patch, OLED.

Last edited:
Finally done with the game (for now).
260 hours according to the console.
Every shrine.
Every Lightroot.
Every armour.
Every paraglider fabric (that available without Amiibos). That means every Bubbulfrog (and by extension every cave), every Addison location, and complete compendium.
Most of the side quests, if not all.
Not even half of the fucking Koroks. Screw them.

The entire finale was just... wow. From the descent into the depths below the castle, going back to the galleries from the very beginning of the game, the fight against the "army", and then the final fight(s)... definitely up there with my favourite moments in gaming, ever. The way the Demon King Ganondorf taunts you during the last phase, and fucking flurry rushes you when you try to attack him... and you need to actually perfect dodge those and flurry rush in return lol (yo dawg...). And obviously the final final battle against the Demon Dragon, and everything that happens after that. Damn.

Definitely my GOTY for now. I do feel a bit... empty, though. :(
Probably going to (finally) do the AoC DLCs now, to wait for BG3.

How did you find them all? I don't think there's a way to track them...
Nanomachines Interactive online map, son!
Is it cheating? Probably. But as you said, there's no way to track it, so... And in the end I had already found almost all of them by myself anyway, most of the locationss I had missed were ones I had seen but didn't know you could do something there yet (so I didn't even put a marker or anything), so I'm not even feeling that bad about it.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Finally done with the game (for now).
260 hours according to the console.
That's something like 4 hours average per day since launch (!)

I'm so old and busy with family life / career over here that a game of this length is something I work on for several years. I think I spent over 3 years before even first beating BOTW, despite it being my favorite game.

KU_

Finished it last night. Don’t know where I’d put it among my favorites in the Zelda series, but I do know the lead up to, and the fight with Gannon was my favorite I’ve experienced in the series. Great game.

Banjo64

cumsessed
How hard is it to do everything major in a 3 heart run. I’ve cleared the water and wind temples with ease but I ventured beneath Hyrule Castle and got caned by a Lynel. I’ve also heard that there’s a Lynel challenge coliseum?

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
How hard is it to do everything major in a 3 heart run. I’ve cleared the water and wind temples with ease but I ventured beneath Hyrule Castle and got caned by a Lynel. I’ve also heard that there’s a Lynel challenge coliseum?
Yes, I won it by ancient arrowing the first 3.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Finally beat it tonight. What an amazing ride and the ending overall was challenging for me.
Stock up friends on
"gloom resistant elixirs and gloom damage healing meals."]

Is it me, or was dodging to do flurry attacks harder this time around?
I swear BOTW's window to dodge is more lenient. Or I'm just getting old and my reaction time is starting to suck.

Not a complaint with the game, but just with me overall with open world games. I just get to the point of wanting it to end and rush through it all. I got bored and mainlined the last temple to begin the endgame.

Whatever they do with Zelda next, part of me hopes they stay in this new formula overall, but find a way to streamline it. The world and exploration is great, but becoming too much.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Whatever they do with Zelda next, part of me hopes they stay in this new formula overall, but find a way to streamline it. The world and exploration is great, but becoming too much.
I'm thinking a flooded hyrule. Game takes place mostly underwater until you hit a switch in the depth that drains all of it away and it becomes all dry for new exploration.

Marvel14

Banned
I played the first part where you climb up to the airship and stuff. It was kind of fun to climb all the way up there, felt like my first hours with Death Stranding or something. Anyway, reached the Zora place like 3 weeks ago and haven't played since. The story is your run-of-the-mill Zelda and the dialogue is fit for a child. I don't have any interest in creating different vehicles either and it felt like a chore to do the shrines, after you've done like 15 of them. I had some fun picking apples in the forest, but that can only take you so far. Too bad. Zelda was the only thing left for me at Nintendo that felt interesting, and now when that is also gone, well, no more Nintendo for me.
Too bad...the story is NOT run of the mill Zelda. But don't let the door hit you on the way out.

zeldaring

Banned
20 hours in, and so far not enjoying myself. Hate building things and the controls are a pain, and the melee combat is probably the worst i have played in years. Really annoying how clunky the UI is when it's a huge part of the game, and i'm not a fan of that as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom