• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom | Review Thread

What score do you think The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • 10 -20%

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40-50%

• 50-60%

• 60-70%

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 70-80%

• 80-85%

• 85-90%

Votes: 24 9.1%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 101 38.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 125 47.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DonJorginho

Banned
Trusting eurogamer on this one, the game seems overly busy
Martin Tv Show GIF by Martin

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Fuck yes. Temples are finally back. One of the two's biggest flaws BOTW had.

Now if someone confirms to me that Tears of the Kingdom actually has a good story, instead of the barebones plot they give you in BOTW just a pretense to go exploring, then this will indeed be a perfect game.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
. . .will definitely try it, if only to experience the QoL improvements to the first, but the reviews do make it sound like it is more of the same, just refined.

97 OC even with Eurogamer’s pathetic attention grab.

Both the main review and technical review are glowing and fair in the critiques. What exactly is the problem here?

I'm sure you thought BOTW was too empty.

It was. And it doesn't seem like it is much changed here beyond throwing in what sounds like a survival-esque grind in this "Chasm."

DonJorginho

Banned
. . .will definitely try it, if only to experience the QoL improvements to the first, but the reviews do make it sound like it is more of the same, just refined.

Both the main review and technical review are glowing and fair in the critiques. What exactly is the problem here?
They're on about the stupid 9.8 score I suspect.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The 6/10 is funny when their main complaints are that it's not old Zelda, and that the story sucks.

Like the previous games' incredible stories of "princess in danger kill Ganon!" were groundbreaking, or something.

skit_data

This will probably win GOTY on the Game Awards. I thought Spider-Man 2 or Starfield maybe having a chance but tbh I have a hard time seeing any one of them scoring this high. It’s higher than BotW ffs.

Edit: I’m still holding out hope for a Switch 2 with BC. I wanna experience BotW, Metroid Prime, Metroid Dread and this on my TV at higher res and (dare I even hope) higher framerate.

Last edited:

poodaddy

Looks like it's as good as I was expecting. Checked out my Switch today and it was already downloaded, so I'll get to try it out tomorrow. I really wish there were more hours in the day, as this one seems to really demand some time.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
They're on about the stupid 9.8 score I suspect.

So they just read a headline and didn't read the actual content. Like the WORST thing the reviewer was talking about was that this game seems to drift into the "grind" of upgrades that BOTW didn't have. . .to an extent. This paragraph is the most critical and explains it well:

It's never an exercise in brainless acquisition, but the sheer acquisitiveness of it all might annoy you if you enjoyed Breath of the Wild for its relative austerity. There's still plenty of good old-fashioned empty space to explore - I spent 15 minutes scuttling over one particular sunken temple roof, only to find nothing at the far end but a hot air balloon I could use to escape the canyon. But this is the first Zelda game I've played which feels designed to be farmed.

Like. . .that's it. Everything else about their review (and numeric score) fits exactly with every other review: not a perfect game but an excellent one.

It is always funny to see some outlets pretending to be EDGE. I mean even EDGE wouldn’t give it less than 8.

What exactly in their review do you take issue with?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
My delivery copy is teasing me with a a delivery date of today. Don't believe it. Still going to a shop at 9am and sending that one back, Royal Mail are iffy bastards.

Saber

Gold Member
Watched the DF review and I'm astonished of how well they did this game in terms of presentation and performance.

Which makes me mad...why the fuck Nintendo don't do something against Gamefreak? Dude, kick the hell of them, do some legal stuff against them or whatever just terminate them and leave the pros at Nintendo do Pokemon games. Pokemon at this same level would be game breaking.
Gamefreak is pathetic and the cancer of Nintendo games.

Gonna watch this one as well.

Last edited:

Hugare

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

Expected, but still disapointed to see that reviewers are affraid to give anything lower than a 10 for overhyped games

And I swear to God, I'm not a console warrior. GOW Ragnarok, for example, is far from a perfect 10.

(I've played some hours of TotK, btw)

But for those who enjoyed BOTW, they will love TOTK, thats for sure

I'm just disapointed to see such bloated scores with big releases lately

Top Bottom