• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Making of Pentiment - Noclip Documentary

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Still have to play this one.

I like the concept of "historical RPG", wish we had more of those. Kingdom Come: Deliverance comes to mind, and it was as fun as immersive.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Covers a lot of stuff from previous interviews Sawyer had done but its really good. You definitely get to see more of the team. The main artist, programmer, animator. Neat that they mentioned seeing the exhibit at the Getty Art Museum in LA as research. I saw that 2 years ago and it really is one of the best medieval manuscript collections I've personally seen (in the US at least). When you see some of the work that went into the animations, it becomes clear how much people underestimate it. It looks like it was just 1 or 2 people doing it but some parts of it look better than Vanillaware animation techniques. Especially the faces and the 2.5D depth techniques. Just really well done. Surprised they didnt mention the soundtrack.

Chukhopops

I loved this game and I can’t recommend it enough. It’s simple in execution but is entirely carried by the incredible quality of its characters, storytelling and world building. Best in class for sure.

Really hope they can make more low budget games like this, focusing on less known historical settings.

Dazraell

Still have to play this one.

I like the concept of "historical RPG", wish we had more of those. Kingdom Come: Deliverance comes to mind, and it was as fun as immersive.
While I agree and would love to see more historical RPGs, it's worth treating Pentiment more like a 2D adventure game with choices than a proper RPG. It's a fantastic game, but it's not an RPG and it's worth to know this beforehand so you won't feel disappointed

Top Bottom