• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE [MGS BOSS SO FRIGGIN GOOD I HAD TO BAN MYSELF]

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
WHAT

WHAT

WTF WAS KOJIMA THINKING

I DON'T NEED THIS ON MY CONSCIENCE

NOT AT 3 IN THE FRIGGIN MORNING

ALL THOSE BODIES

ALL THOSE PEOPLE

OH LORD NEVER AGAIN

GAME OF THE FRIGGIN YEAR

I'LL SLEEP WITH THE LIGHTS ON THANK YOU

Amir0x

Banned
bishoptl said:
WHAT

WHAT

WTF WAS KOJIMA THINKING

I DON'T NEED THIS ON MY CONSCIENCE

NOT AT 3 IN THE FRIGGIN MORNING

ALL THOSE BODIES

ALL THOSE PEOPLE

OH LORD NEVER AGAIN

GAME OF THE FRIGGIN YEAR

I'LL SLEEP WITH THE LIGHTS ON THANK YOU

Enthusiastic++

THAT IS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT GO ON MURDEROUS RAMPAGES IN THE GAME.

I had almost no bodies in that segment ;)

Amir0x

Banned
bishoptl said:
I FEEL LIKE SUCH A BAD PERSON

That part was really well done. The best thing about it was when you would hear gun shots and see a spurt of blood come out of the ghostly figures. Some of them were yelling "I'LL NEVER BE A MAN AGAIN!" if you got them with a crotch shot. Extremely well done

Socreges

Banned
I just got to that point a few days ago. Such a trip. The atmosphere/music is incredible. It's just too bad that I've killed practically every guard by slicing their throats. That river felt like an eternity.

Rorschach

Getting it on Sunday at Target for 37 bucks or whatever the sale price was. I was putting it off because of my enormous backlog, but how can I not buy it at that price? :p

Socreges

Banned
explodet said:
Well, so much for avoiding spoilers. :(

*tosses MGS3 further down the backlog*
:(

It's just one boss, though, and comes well before any last boss. The game hasn't been spoiled. Just one particular part.

But yeah, bad bishoptl. Edit the title or something.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I was completely stunned at that part of the game myself. I played it during the daytime and it was damn creepy. Then I wished I had played it during the night. So damn awesome.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I remember when i played the game first time through and got to that part, i was completely stunned. It was an ecellent boss fight, very well done

jenov4

The world needs even more MGS3 love! It's one of the greatest experiences I've ever had with a video game.

I also was at
The Sorrow boss "fight" during the wee hours of the morning. I had to turn off the machine because I was getting creeped out.

And :lol at the self banning! Hilarity!

Yea I hit that part at around 2am this morning. I couldn't figure out the end so I died 3 times and did it over.

Also in several scenes leading up to that, if you hit R1 during hte cutscene you'd see the sorrow do various things. Those creeped me out too. That part was just rediculous though.

Docpan

Um, this board does NOT need anymore MGS3 love.... It's practically oozing out of every fucking page I click on.

So for the sake of being a non-conformist, MGS3 fucking blows!

jett

D-Member
:lol Poor Bish, he got too excited. :p
If you kill Raikov you can see him walking butt nekkid, haha
. But seriously, this game can never get enough luv. MGS3 4 LIFE.

J2 Cool

Docpan said:
Um, this board does NOT need anymore MGS3 love.... It's practically oozing out of every fucking page I click on.

:lol And :lol :lol at the title of the thread!

I didn't know that they actually counted the number of enemies you killed (for the purpose of this battle) until I read it on a message board, so that battle didn't really blow me away. I actually got stuck because I wasn't patient enough to wade through over 100 bodies, so I had to come across the "pill trick".

DrLazy

I haven't played MGS 2 and didn't finish the first one. Should I start with this one or will I be confused?

DrLazy said:
I haven't played MGS 2 and didn't finish the first one. Should I start with this one or will I be confused?

If you're planning on playing both games, then start with MGS2... but if you just want to play MGS3 to see what all the fuss is about, then you can do that right ahead, the story stands on its own very well IMO, not to mention it being a prequel,

The gameplay in MGS3 is more advanced and refined than MGS2 though, so playing them in reverse order might not be a good idea.

AssMan

Banned
It took me awhile to figure out how to end the damn fight. I thought I was actualy doing damage to him when using that revolver gun without any bullets in the gun. :lol

FightyF

Banned
Wha/?!?! Don't skip MGS2! Well, I loved it...

Anyways, Bish, you didn't get banned in vain...thanks to your post I'm gonna buy the game right now. I just hope Superstore is still open considering it's Xmas eve.

Triumph

Banned
Just got this game in the mail from Gamefly. I'm gonna sit down tomorrow night and play it, but I swear to Jehovah that I'll probably get bored and want to switch back to some KOTOR II lovin' pretty quick.

This had better be good. MGS2 made me break things it sucked so hard.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Raoul Duke said:
Just got this game in the mail from Gamefly. I'm gonna sit down tomorrow night and play it, but I swear to Jehovah that I'll probably get bored and want to switch back to some KOTOR II lovin' pretty quick.

This had better be good. MGS2 made me break things it sucked so hard.

Did you like MGS1?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Raoul Duke said:
Absolutely LOVED MGS. Probably my favorite game of that gen. Which is why MGS2's extreme suckitude was such a letdown to me.

There's a good chance that you'll like MGS3. MGS3 doesnt have any of that bullshit stuff from MGS2. It's pure awesomeness

Socreges

Banned
I think that if you like what makes the MGS series MGS (the particular type of stealth + cinematic), MGS3 will be your everything. And it doesn't overdo the cut-scenes this time (barring the beginning).

Fight for Freeform said:
Wha/?!?! Don't skip MGS2! Well, I loved it...
Hey, I thought it was great. But for me, MGS3 has made it irrelevant. Regarding what would make MGS2 unique (thus worthwhile), the level design is largely forgettable and I didn't enjoy the story.

Triumph

Banned
Wario64 said:
There's a good chance that you'll like MGS3. MGS3 doesnt have any of that bullshit stuff from MGS2. It's pure awesomeness
*raises anticipation level from WARY to CAUTIOUSLY OPTIMISTIC*

Just beat the game. Kills me to say it (since I don't have a ps2...played over the course of about 4 days on my step sister's), but this definitely stole my goty from Ninja Gaiden quite easily. Not so much towards the beggining, but as the game went on, it just got better...and better.

Could someone please refresh my memory on something in mgs2?
What exactly was the signifigance of the patriots in the end of the game. I seem to remember something regarding codes of some sort, but could be way off base.

But a truly fantastic game, better than mgs2 by a very long ways.

Docpan said:

you need to shut the hell up before you end up as one of the sorrow's corpses. and i can get away with saying that cause bish aint around to ban me!! hahahaha........

Piecake

morbidaza said:
Just beat the game. Kills me to say it (since I don't have a ps2...played over the course of about 4 days on my step sister's), but this definitely stole my goty from Ninja Gaiden quite easily. Not so much towards the beggining, but as the game went on, it just got better...and better.

Could someone please refresh my memory on something in mgs2?
What exactly was the signifigance of the patriots in the end of the game. I seem to remember something regarding codes of some sort, but could be way off base.

But a truly fantastic game, better than mgs2 by a very long ways.

Well im not sure if this is what you are refering to but ill explain it anyways. At the end of mgs2 you learn that the patriots created arsenal gear and the GW program to control and filter out information. Basically, this would let them shape history as they saw fit because they could choose or alter which information to diseminate to the public and the public would have no idea that the information was choosen or altered from a ton of information that wasnt availible to them. It pretty much means that te patriots would have complete control over society.

Top Bottom