• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new Ps+ list of games have been updated.

SJRB

Gold Member
TAIeQRa.png

iu

SCB3

As nice is this is to have, for someone like me who tends to play the big releases at launch there is nothing to incentivise me to pay more, at least with Game Pass there is a steady stream of nice indie games as well

kingfey

Banned
As nice is this is to have, for someone like me who tends to play the big releases at launch there is nothing to incentivise me to pay more, at least with Game Pass there is a steady stream of nice indie games as well
You aren't paying anything. You are only paying for ps+ (aside of other tiers), and you get some of those games for free.

Think of it as a free desert for your food.

For me, day1 doesn't do anything for me at all. I wait for 1-2 years, and I get all dlc plus good patches for cheap.
I dont want to spend $90 for the game and the dlc.

cormack12

Gold Member
Wait. I pay for PS+ basic at the moment. Is Death Stranding free for me? Or is this just a 'if I upgrade to plus/premium'?

skit_data

You aren't paying anything. You are only paying for ps+ (aside of other tiers), and you get some of those games for free.

Think of it as a free desert for your food.

For me, day1 doesn't do anything for me at all. I wait for 1-2 years, and I get all dlc plus good patches for cheap.
I dont want to spend $90 for the game and the dlc.
That’s just confusing. You’re in fact paying for these services, and the list is only available for Extra and Premium tiers, which are indeed more expensive than the current PS+ that is converted to Essential.

Reactions: TLZ

dotnotbot

More classic titles will join the catalog soon – keep your eyes on our What’s New page for updates.

I fucking hope so Sony, Extra catalog is already great but classics selection for Premium tier looks laughable so far.

What's The Last of Us Remastered even doing in the Classics catalog?

They're counting remasters as classics so the list looks longer.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
That’s just confusing. You’re in fact paying for these services, and the list is only available for Extra and Premium tiers, which are indeed more expensive than the current PS+ that is converted to Essential.
That is a bummer. Hoped they would have some new list for regular ps+ users.
Guess, other tiers needs to have a reason to be subscribed to like gamepass.

MikeM

Assetto Corsa and both South Park titles. Excellent.

Some other games that were PS4 only (I think) through PS Now are now PS5 versions.

skit_data

That is a bummer. Hoped they would have some new list for regular ps+ users.
Guess, other tiers needs to have a reason to be subscribed to like gamepass.
I think they’re fine for what you pay for. I’ll subscribe to Premium because there several of the PS1 and especially PS2 classics that I haven’t played. Gamepass has it’s perks but for someone who haven’t bought these games I’d argue these new PS+ tiers adds about the same value as Gamepass to a new player simply because Sonys backlog of games is stronger than Xbox’s.

kingfey

Banned
I think they’re fine for what you pay for. I’ll subscribe to Premium because there several of the PS1 and especially PS2 classics that I haven’t played. Gamepass has it’s perks but for someone who haven’t bought these games I’d argue these new PS+ tiers adds about the same value as Gamepass to a new player simply because Sonys backlog of games is stronger than Xbox’s.
The difference would be the way those games play. PS3 is the one I am interested in. But its only streaming sadly. Would have liked some native version.

yurinka

It's feels weird to me to have the different lists. Let's hope that if you have premium they include all the games from the PS Plus Collection, Games collection and Classics collection under a single list.

Because I see that I see some PS4 ports or remasters or remakes of PS3, PSP and PS Vita titles under the "Classics Collection" like to name a few:
-PS4 version of Beyond
-PS4 version of Bioshock 2 Remastered
-Gravity Rush Remastered
-Wipeout Omega Collection

For the non Japanese Asian stores, the list of games will vary per country (specially comparing them to Japan, USA and EU):
Hong Kong https://www.playstation.com/en-hk/ps-plus/games/
Thailand https://www.playstation.com/en-th/ps-plus/games/
Malaysia https://www.playstation.com/en-my/ps-plus/games/

Last edited:

LucasBR

I bet we'll have changes/differences when they launch the NA/EU/South America version.
I'm very happy with the game announced so far.

Nice handful of games there I would definitely play, mainly those I have missed out on beforehand. That and the Classics for PS1/2/PSP (I hope as many as possible are available for individual purchase) are what are pushing me to try for the Premium tier. It's just a matter of when I actually do it; preferably once I can secure a PS5 but if availability is still not enough relative demand then that could slip into the Fall.

Have to say all the features being revealed have made this a pretty compelling service IMO.

skit_data

The difference would be the way those games play. PS3 is the one I am interested in. But its only streaming sadly. Would have liked some native version.
Yeah, Xbox have made a really good job with their BC program and I wish Sony would’ve found a better solution. I think Sonys strong point with this service is that they have two highly rated next gen exclusives there, I mean Flight Simulator aside it’s pretty lacking on the Gamepass front.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Nice handful of games there I would definitely play, mainly those I have missed out on beforehand. That and the Classics for PS1/2/PSP (I hope as many as possible are available for individual purchase) are what are pushing me to try for the Premium tier. It's just a matter of when I actually do it; preferably once I can secure a PS5 but if availability is still not enough relative demand then that could slip into the Fall.

Have to say all the features being revealed have made this a pretty compelling service IMO.

After seeing the latest list of games and trials, it's a must-buy for me. There'll be at least 5 or 6 games a year that I'll miss, that'll end up on this service every year. Buying those 6 games and having access to the game trials easily is worth $120 a year.

After seeing the latest list of games and trials, it's a must-buy for me. There'll be at least 5 or 6 games a year that I'll miss, that'll end up on this service every year. Buying those 6 games and having access to the game trials easily is worth $120 a year.

Same here, but in my case there's also a lot of games I missed out on where a service like this would be convenient for me to play them through, specifically quite a few 1P games that wouldn't be on another service (for obvious reasons). If they have the right mix of retro games up here and purchasable I'll be picking those up.

Meanwhile if there's a new release coming and I'm deciding between that or another new release there'll (hopefully) be a game trail for them at or near release so I get a taste and decide between them. That's another neat convenience. No Day 1 for 1P is not actually an issue IMHO; not just for me personally (there's a lot of games I have to catch up on anyway) but in the wider sense as well given, I think people who really want those games Day 1 or within the launch phase will buy them, and if they're holding out, the game trails should be enough to convince them if they want to buy or not.

Even in the case they decide to wait, say until it's in the service, then there's still a revenue stream there in additional subs for that expanded back catalogue.

Belthazar

This is definitely incomplete, Dead Cells was announced and is not present in this list. Ridge Racer also leaked and is not there.

Probably regional and HK just lacks a lot of the games to be released on other regions. We'll probably know the actual list only on June 13 (when it'll also probably have it's mid-month refresh).

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
PlayStation 1 Emulated (native PS5 and PS4)

Ape Escape
Disney PIXAR Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue
Hot Shots Golf
I.Q: Intelligent Qube
Jumping Flash!
Mr. Driller
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
Syphon Filter
Tekken 2
Wild Arms
Worms Armageddon
Worms World Party
This is a pretty weak lineup of PS1 games by almost every measurement. Hope it gets expanded, quickly.

GHG

After all that uproar about trials it's only a handful of games to start with?

I'm passing until there are enough games I want to try to justify it. Already own all the decent PS5 exclusives and all the other good games I have on PS4 or PC already.

yurinka

50hz PS1 versions...

Why Me Crying GIF by Team Coco

I assume the reason is that European versions of many PS1 games in addition to English they included the localization to several othe languages.

Now we use 60Hz and 120Hz tvs even in PAL territories, the emulator offers different aspect ratios, increased resolution and the supposed increased framerates. So I assume here we shouldn't have the issue of games featuring black bars, slow speed or reduced framerate (from 30 to 25fps or 60 to 50).

I mean...this is a subscription service. No service releases in its best day. This will keep building up as time goes by. We will have more classics every month as well, more os Plus games, etc...

And for a first day this is great....and it's not even everything America and Europe is getting.
We also have to remember these are non Japan Asian countries and that the list will vary per country, so minimum they'll change or add at least a few games. Plus they will update it the middle of each month, meaning that by the NA/EU release they already will have added the first batch of games.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I assume the reason is that European versions of many PS1 games in addition to English they included the localization to several othe languages.

Now we use 60Hz and 120Hz tvs even in PAL territories, the emulator offers different aspect ratios, increased resolution and the supposed increased framerates. So I assume here we shouldn't have the issue of games featuring black bars, slow speed or reduced framerate (from 30 to 25fps or 60 to 50).
Looks like every PS1 games are PAL versions, so capped to 50hz sadly. They need to replace them for NTSC versions.

The_hunter

These are some of the games that looked interesting: red dead redemption 2, desperados 3, stellaris, southpark games, warhammer: chaosbane, vampyr, guardians of the galaxy. There's a bit of a lack of Japanese games.

bitbydeath

This is a pretty weak lineup of PS1 games by almost every measurement. Hope it gets expanded, quickly.
It’s not the full list.
There are 340 BC titles available on day one.
The PS4/PS5 list is also only showing half the content, there’s over 400 of those at launch.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

LucasBR

With the new plus already rolling in Asia... How will the upgrade work? We'll just have to pay for the price difference between tiers?

Top Bottom