• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus First Year Stats Revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member

ps-plus-celebration-win-a-ps5-infographic-01-16jun23$en

Rayderism

Well....did the little trivia questions thing. Don't know if I got them all right. Trivia ain't my thing. Hell, sometimes I have to minus my birth year from the current year just to remember how old I am. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Pelta88

Stray portrays a distorted image of cats. The cat in the game is cooperative, thoughtful, and empathetic.

My cat slaps me at night while I'm asleep in my bed and looks at me like he's plotting to kill me during the day.

Last edited:
I've really enjoyed my time with the new PS Plus so far. There's been some months I took a break from the service but I definitely feel as though I've got my money's worth with some of the games they've added on there.

I'd say Premium is hit or miss depending on if you like the few PSP/PS1 games they add but Extra has had so many games I've been interested in playing and pretty big ones too.

jm89

SMH why don't they still put resistance 1 and 2 on the service?

It would be only though streaming, but i'd love to have another play through, really don't want to boot up my dusty ps3.

DJ12

7.4 millions players failed to get mafia as a monthly game because them having it in the game catalogue the month before fucked up the purchase

Where are the NSO games played v PS+ as this is about subscription services?
Well have a look at the attach rates from before subscription services. It was never high over the life of a console (less than 10 games). And it makes sense that this number is going down with the advent of multiplayer and live service games (heck I played nothing but Uncharted 4 MP for close to 2 years).

ZehDon

Gold Member
It’s actually quite high especially when you think that on average Switch owners buy/play 8.3 games over its life.
When you consider that the games on PlayStation Plus are available "free", people playing 7.4 free games in a year does seem a little low. I wonder if Sony have a metric - 1 hour played, 1 trophy earned - required for a game to be considered played?

Last edited:
When you consider that the games on PlayStation Plus are available "free", people playing 7.4 free games in a year does seem a little low. I wonder if Sony have a metric - 1 hour played, 1 trophy earned - required for a game to be considered played?
7.4 games in 11 months vs 8-10 games over 5-6 years. The reality is that the vast majority of gamers don’t play that much in a week. The average is roughly 7.6H per week. A game like CoD or FIFA - people can play that for a whole year.

ZehDon

Gold Member
7.4 games in 11 months vs 8-10 games over 5-6 years...
7.4 games from an updating roster you're paying to access, versus full priced paid games. I'd have expected most people to try at least one new game a month - because that's what they're paying for - pushing the average closer to 12 a year. Hence my comment.

Kerotan

Japan the country with the second most ps5 sold. Only USA beat's it AFAIK. And now we find out they're the most active premium player's. And people Keep trying to tell US Japan isn't important for Sony.

Gexxy1

Japan is something. The most played hours for a country. They take their gaming seriously😄.
There's your answer on why japan game sales are low. Playstation plus is too good value :messenger_grinning_sweat:.

"Hours per person" is not the same as "most played hours."

If 20 people in Japan bought it and put 12 hours per week into it, that is a higher average per person than 300 people in the US buying and putting 10 hours per week into it. But the former is 240 total hours while the latter is 3,000 hours.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Stray portrays a distorted image of cats. The cat in the game is cooperative, thoughtful, and empathetic.

My cat slaps me at night while I'm asleep in my bed and looks at me like he's plotting to kill me during the day.
That's usually to check if you're alive, they tend to worry a lot about that.

Hudo

The Japan stat could just be that one guy who bought a PS5 over there just left his games on at the pause menu.

7.4 games from an updating roster you're paying to access, versus full priced paid games. I'd have expected most people to try at least one new game a month - because that's what they're paying for - pushing the average closer to 12 a year. Hence my comment.
You can come back to the games even after they leave the roster so people do not need to rush to get to the games. Also, your full priced paid games isn’t quite right since you can buy games at very lower prices too.

Three

I'm confused. Which game was top for trophy hunters? GoT or GoW?
There are two sets of stats referring to two catalogues of games. One for the regular games catalogue and one for the classics catalogue (that comes with premium) . GoT was top for regular catalogue, GoW was top for classics catalogue.

Top Bottom