• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Next Trails Revelations - Are We Ready?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I'm a little bit worried about the next installment of the world famous jrpg Trails series.

Has everybody here knows, the next game is going to have people going into space to find out the truth about how the Zemurian cosmology works and why people can't leave it as well as all the other realms of existence that seem to exist outside of it.

I don't know what hovers above this house but it was strong enough to punch a hole into this world and take your daughter with it. It tells her things only a child can understand. It's been using her to restrain the others. To her, it simply is another child. To us, it is The Beast.

When we finally take the rocket out into space, it just might lead to Insanity from the warp that's around everything.

We're headed into some strange territory hopefully.

I'm a little bit worried about the next installment of the world famous jrpg Trails series.

Has everybody here knows, the next game is going to have people going into space to find out the truth about how the Zemurian cosmology works and why people can't leave it as well as all the other realms of existence that seem to exist outside of it.

I don't know what hovers above this house but it was strong enough to punch a hole into this world and take your daughter with it. It tells her things only a child can understand. It's been using her to restrain the others. To her, it simply is another child. To us, it is The Beast.

When we finally take the rocket out into space, it just might lead to Insanity from the warp that's around everything.

We're headed into some strange territory hopefully.

Hope it gets super weird. I love weird

I would love for Falcom to go back to the style of Gagharv Trilogy. I really don't like what they did to Trails after the Sky games.

What's wrong with Trails after the Sky games?

Hudo

Gold Member
Hope it gets super weird. I love weird

What's wrong with Trails after the Sky games?
I don't like that they went so hard into a Shounen-style anime with Cold Steel and Rean. I also don't like how they progressed to high-tech stuff, featuring mechas and shit. Yeah, I know, Orbal Revolution etc. But I liked Trails more when it still was fairly low-tech. Ideally, they'd go back to "just" fantasy. But that's mostly my opinion.

And yes, I recognize that they went more into a detective-noir style with Daybreak but the setting now is essentially just near-future. I dunno, man. They way Falcom have developed and built the world just doesn't do it for me anymore.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I don't like that they went so hard into a Shounen-style anime with Cold Steel and Rean. I also don't like how they progressed to high-tech stuff, featuring mechas and shit. Yeah, I know, Orbal Revolution etc. But I liked Trails more when it still was fairly low-tech. Ideally, they'd go back to "just" fantasy. But that's mostly my opinion.

And yes, I recognize that they went more into a detective-noir style with Daybreak but the setting now is essentially just near-future. I dunno, man. They way Falcom have developed and built the world just doesn't do it for me anymore.

I second this... too many sci fi jpgs these days. We need some more straight up fantasy games.

No that's understandable

I love Rean (Rean is my BOI!, sorry couldn't resist)

I love how Shonen the series got especially after Crossbell. And love the Orbal Revolution aspect of it. I love the mechs and how the world develops technological. So for me it's not a turn off

Hudo

Gold Member
No that's understandable

I love Rean (Rean is my BOI!, sorry couldn't resist)

I love how Shonen the series got especially after Crossbell. And love the Orbal Revolution aspect of it. I love the mechs and how the world develops technological. So for me it's not a turn off
Then you most likely get more of that in the future. At least it doesn't seem like Falcom are done with Zemuria any time soon.

Hudo

Gold Member
I am a hypocrite, though: If Bamco ever decide to make a JRPG set in the Dragon Ball universe where, for example, I can play as adult Gohan, living through his high school years (dating Videl) and also be a superhero (Great Saiyaman), while also helping out Goku et al. with shit from time to time. I'd play the hell out of that. And you couldn't get any more Shounen than that, I guess.

I am a hypocrite, though: If Bamco ever decide to make a JRPG set in the Dragon Ball universe where, for example, I can play as adult Gohan, living through his high school years (dating Videl) and also be a superhero (Great Saiyaman), while also helping out Goku et al. with shit from time to time. I'd play the hell out of that. And you couldn't get any more Shounen than that, I guess.

I'm not the biggest fan of Shonen

But there's only been a couple that I love. Naruto, One Piece, Fire Force, Fullmetal Alchemist, Dandadan and Chainsaw Man

I'm more of a fan of Seinen

Going to be reading Dragon Ball this year hopefully

As for Kiseki, I love how Shonen it gets

Top Bottom