• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nintendo DS: Still a Piece of Shit

Triumph

Banned
Jesus fucking Christ, folks.

All of you fuckers better be thanking whatever deity that you pray to that I am not and will never be in a position of authority here. This thread is like Thunderdome, and roughly half of you have no right to leave it with your posting/breathing privileges intact.

THAT'S RIGHT. It's a privilege to post here. If the law(that's the admins/mods, of whom Drinky and MAF are part) decides that they're going to start shooting first and asking questions later, that's their damn right. And if they walk into the saloon, look around at the rubes sitting around and jerking off all over their DS screens, smirk and then say in a mean Clint Eastwood voice: "The next sonofabitch in here that even THINKS something positive about his DS is gettin' plugged", well I mean WHAT THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO? They're the law. They can shoot you. And yes, if you start flappin' yer gums, YOU DESERVE TO GET SHOT.

Anyway, this is not just a forum. It's natural selection in action. And I have to say that the selectors are really being too picky about who is being called to the abbatoir. Now, I am prepared to name names and assist in the bloodletting for a nominal fee. We will have to permaban Olimario, and I can't garauntee that I won't get drunk and delete the mostly useless gaming forum, but I promise you this: NO NINTENDO FANBOY WILL BE LEFT ALIVE WHEN I AM DONE. NONE.

Res ipsa loquitor, baby.

Deku

Banned
THAT'S RIGHT. It's a privilege to post here. If the law(that's the admins/mods, of whom Drinky and MAF are part) decides that they're going to start shooting first and asking questions later, that's their damn right. And if they walk into the saloon, look around at the rubes sitting around and jerking off all over their DS screens, smirk and then say in a mean Clint Eastwood voice: "The next sonofabitch in here that even THINKS something positive about his DS is gettin' plugged", well I mean WHAT THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO? They're the law. They can shoot you. And yes, if you start flappin' yer gums, YOU DESERVE TO GET SHOT.

You miss the point. No one's asking for a democracy. Forums are little fiefdoms for those who run them.

I'm merely pointing out you can run a better fiefdom and return GAF to better days. Also, the mods, who I agree can do whatever hell they want, isn't the reason people read this forum. It's the regular poster or rather the collection of posters we have at the bottom of the totem pole who make it possible for obscure news stories to be read, 'first' images of something to be seen, and generally, make GAF a fun and exciting place to visit, especially during weeks when there are lots of big announcements coming out.

The flamewars that exist have always been there on page 5 of a thread after all the important and interesting things have been said. To me, it seems like this has gone the wrong way and we have mods baiting people to attack them and in this case, it got GA hacked. And the admins wonder why people hate them so much. Well, because their inconsistent banning policies have made the forum administraiton a joke and certain people in their administration into villains. In case you don't realize the hacker is now a minor celebrity over at Opa. Now, why is that the case, I wonder.

And yes jack, there is a problem.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Raoul Duke said:
and I can't garauntee that I won't get drunk and delete the mostly useless gaming forum

Now, this isn't directed at you as much as it is the legions of folks who mention their ire for the gaming forum, but... why do people continue to read the gaming forum if they dislike it so much? If you express a desire to destroy the gaming forums, why not just live in O.T. and ignore the gaming forums... for better or for worse?

Odnetnin

Banned
Raoul Duke said:
Jesus fucking Christ, folks.

All of you fuckers better be thanking whatever deity that you pray to that I am not and will never be in a position of authority here. This thread is like Thunderdome, and roughly half of you have no right to leave it with your posting/breathing privileges intact.

Anyway, this is not just a forum. It's natural selection in action. And I have to say that the selectors are really being too picky about who is being called to the abbatoir. Now, I am prepared to name names and assist in the bloodletting for a nominal fee. We will have to permaban Olimario, and I can't garauntee that I won't get drunk and delete the mostly useless gaming forum, but I promise you this: NO NINTENDO FANBOY WILL BE LEFT ALIVE WHEN I AM DONE. NONE.

Res ipsa loquitor, baby.

Oh god. you really believe that? What an arselicker you are. MMmmm m

Link

The Autumn Wind
Oh man, after not being here all weekend and missing all the drama, this thread was both entertaining and exhausting to read through.

lockii said:
People make the mistake of assuming Do the Mario is a Nintendo fanboy. I suppose having a Nintendo themed username on Neo-GAF is tantamount to working in Hollywood during McCarthy's witch hunts.
It's really just a matter of not being a moron. I think Wario64 is the best example of this. You create your own reputation, regardless of your username. I had so many people -- including those who don't like Nintendo -- asking me to change my name back to Link because that's who they knew me as. When I finally decided to change it back, it was Drinky that changed it for me.

Food for thought.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Link said:
Oh man, after not being here all weekend and missing all the drama, this thread was both entertaining and exhausting to read through.

It's really just a matter of not being a moron. I think Wario64 is the best example of this. You create your own reputation, regardless of your username. I had so many people -- including those who don't like Nintendo -- asking me to change my name back to Link because that's who they knew me as. When I finally decided to change it back, it was Drinky that changed it for me.

Food for thought.

WTF are you accusing me of being a moron? Because most of GAF knows despite my user name I am no Nintendo fanboy, it’s purely a reference to the old school Mario cartoons. I don’t think I have trolled anything on this board with the exception of NBL2.

I can’t believe I am still adding to this monstrosity of a thread.

I would just like to reiterate that if a new member came to these boards call “Mario is Cool” it would be assumed he was a Nintendo Fanboy without even posting a word. The presumption is there when you join acting like a moron would just make it worse. However acting in a objective manner is what makes people realize you are no Fanboy.

Socreges

Banned
Wario64 = (Drinky Crow - wit) + helpful game deals

He generally keeps it to innocent quips so it's never really a problem, but it just seems like he compresses the ramblings of a particular consensus and then repeats it a billion times.

duckroll

Do The Mario said:
WTF are you accusing me of being a moron? Because most of GAF knows despite my user name I am no Nintendo fanboy, it’s purely a reference to the old school Mario cartoons. I don’t think I have trolled anything on this board with the exception of NBL2.

No I think he was just giving a general picture of what it's like in neo-GAF now. As much as some people WANT to believe that anyone with a nintendo-related interest, tag, avatar or username will be hunted, it simply isn't the case. You'll always be the misguided Bioware-fanboy to me though! :D

I can’t believe I am still adding to this monstrosity of a thread.

It's fun though! As long as we know how silly everything really is, there's no harm to contributing to this thread dedicated to sanctioned silliness.

demi

Socreges said:

He generally keeps it to innocent quips so it's never really a problem, but it just seems like he compresses the ramblings of a particular consensus and then repeats it a billion times.

do me next IN FACT DO EVERYONE i'll compile it into one giant list for everyone to see

Odnetnin

Banned
Socreges said:

Wario64 kicks ass at Resident Evil 4 (BEST GAME EVAR) so you can just shut the fuck up

demi

No because your avatar is a ninja and now this can be too

ninja5iv.gif

Monk

Banned
This thread reminds me of the inquisition and the dark ages.

"We'll drown them in water. If they die, they are not n-bots, if they survive, they clearly are and should be burned at the stake!".

Brofist

Monk said:
This thread reminds me of the inquisition and the dark ages.

"We'll drown them in water. If they die, they are not n-bots, if they survive, they clearly are and should be burned at the stake!".

yeah let's compare this to real people getting tortured and killed. grow the fuck up

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Raoul Duke said:
We will have to permaban Olimario, and I can't garauntee that I won't get drunk and delete the mostly useless gaming forum, but I promise you this: NO NINTENDO FANBOY WILL BE LEFT ALIVE WHEN I AM DONE. NONE.
wow, it's a long way up on the tall horse you rode in on... it looks dangerous so high up there, maybe you should get down before you hurt yourself.

;P

Top Bottom