• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nintendo DS: Still a Piece of Shit

demi

I showed some people at work a PSP. Well, it was some other guy's but I said it was mine. I was a spokesperson and showed them the awesome Coheed and Cambria video. I think I sold them, not sure.

Rocket9

I never thought i'd see the day where gaf would become worst than gamefaqs.

Sad, really sad......much sadder than that pope stuff

bridegur

I returned my PSP thinking that I'd get a DS, but then I realized the DS has an even weaker selection of games. Both systems are worthless to me right now, but I think once the PSP drops in price it will be the way to go. Nintendo needs to axe the DS and get a Gameboy that can compete with the PSP out. Hopefully the new GBA will have an analog stick that's more comfortable to use than the PSP's.

Belfast

Rocket9 said:
worst than gamefaqs

Also, demi, I whipped it out at the movies while waiting for Sin City and my friend and I played some MGA Link Battle. It was hot and a bunch of people kept wanting to watch. I think a lot mor epeople would buy a PSP if they could see, feel, and touch the unit. A friend of mine was in a local game shop just today and sold a guy on a PSP right there since he'd brought his with him. Sony needs to hurry up and get some demo kiosks out!

fse

Rocket9 said:
I never thought i'd see the day where gaf would become worst than gamefaqs.

Sad, really sad......much sadder than that pope stuff

eh, it is.

omgz the pope haxorz GA, make it go on knees :eek:

bridegur knows how to keep on topic. You pass the test!

Odentnin, I like you, but if you want to be a martyr for the Nintendo cause, I've got lumber and nails aplenty.

Foobar

I'm just curious, when it the Ignore function going to include Drinky? I mean, maybe if he had something of substance to say, I'd understand, but its always just loony, rabblerousing bullshit.

I was actually hoping I had somehow inadvertantly been banned. But then, nothing short of an IP ban would stop me from looking at this train wreck of a forum. Its like watching Jerry Springer, I walk away feeling better about myself :lol

eh, fuck it, ban me anyway, I'll still feel better about myself.

Foobar, again, I also like you, but here's a warning: if you start dicussing posters ad hominem to the EXCLUSION of the thread topic, I'll nail you up right alongside Odnetnin.

fse

ackbar_l.jpg

Speevy

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
Have we mentioned that GAF isn't a democracy recently? 'Cuz we ain't.

That would almost be worth something if even most of the other moderators here acted like you, or if you did more than pander to a very select group of posters. I fully understand the concept of zero tollerance. I just can't understand how you can be so entertained by a user control panel. Heck, I just got tired of it. That's why I quit moderating at TeamXbox after 2 years. If you were to moderate your own posts, how many times would you have banned yourself already? Not to mention the fact that you're not funny. Ever.

Oh, and just to include the thread topic.

Handhelds suck. BUY AN XBOX.

Foobar

Drinky Crow said:
Foobar, again, I also like you, but here's a warning: if you start dicussing posters ad hominem to the EXCLUSION of the thread topic, I'll nail you up right alongside Odnetnin.

I just greenlighted it. :lol Hollow threat.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
ackbar_l.jpg

IT'S A TRAP!!!!

It is incredible to me that the same group of idio...eh posters... continue to let Drinky get under their skins no matter how many times he does it.... please don't stop folks... you bring much humor to this forum. If you can't learn how to simply ignore a thread or poster that bothers you.... I weep for the future.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
i agree with drinky and all the other mods do as well.

the ad hominem beam has been set to kill.

f_elz, you're good people. I like that you know how to pick the winning team. There's a place for folks like you in the new GAF.

demi

Can I join the new GAF? I play Phantom Dust and showed people a PSP instead of a DS. That's like, instant win right?

There's ALWAYS a place for you at GAF, demi.

Hell, I love the Drinky Puppy Club. I wholeheartedly embrace POSITIVE resistance to asshole moderators. NOW ONE OF YOU BUY ME A DS.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Drinky Crow is on an anti nintendo rampage! Watch out. And I agree the DS sucks right now, no great games for it yet, and PSP would suck too if it wasn't for Lumines, but outside of that and its media capabilities, it doesn't have much else.

Have to say: even I saw Ackbar around the corner while I was clicking on this thread, but that doesn't make it okay in my eyes. Often times you seem to act like the junior members you greatly enjoy making fun of.

As speevy said, how many times would you have banned yourself if you had been moderating your own posts? If I can sift through junior posts more easily than a moderator's, don't you think there's a problem? This is even knowing that you're attempting to bait before going in.

Odnetnin

Banned
Drinky Crow said:

so I'm GAF jesus?

Buy Nintendo you crazy bitches. Draw penises on DS.

DS>PSP because you can draw Penises. Drinky/PSPbot has mangina hence his hatred for Penis Enabled tm DS.

Jason, when you feel the urge to offer moral guidance to the moderator of A VIDEOGAME FORUM ON THE INTERNET, you're probably looking at a personal policy that'll lead to tears.

Bebpo

Banned
GSG Flash said:
Drinky Crow is on an anti nintendo rampage! Watch out. And I agree the DS sucks right now, no great games for it yet, and PSP would suck too if it wasn't for Lumines, but outside of that and its media capabilities, it doesn't have much else.

Metal Gear Acid

android

Theoretical Magician
GSG Flash said:
Forgeting about Wipeout, Ridge Racer and Metal Gear Acid all in the first day. Anyways Ds sucks

fse

omg look at the puppy aww....

anywho ya, no cash for psp here :(
unless... i trade my ds :\ >:)

demi

Drinky Crow said:
There's ALWAYS a place for you at GAF, demi.

Hell, I love the Drinky Puppy Club. I wholeheartedly embrace POSITIVE resistance to asshole moderators. NOW ONE OF YOU BUY ME A DS.

I'm in it to win it, baby.

Drinky Crow said:
Jason, when you feel the urge to offer moral guidance to the moderator of A VIDEOGAME FORUM ON THE INTERNET, you're probably looking at a personal policy that'll lead to tears.

Well it's not really about moral guidance so much as it is about a push for consistency. Had a junior member started this thread, even with just intentions to get people all pissy, he would be banned on spot. Had somebody posted a thread about how shit PSP is, you would probably ban him on spot, no?

I love visiting this board, but I wouldn't mind knowing exactly what constitutes "stepping out of line", you know?

The PSP will soon have Resident Evil Apocalypse and xXx for your viewing pleasure.

The DS will have Super Mario #124569 Touched!

I think the choice here is an obvious one...

BUY A PSP

Odnetnin

Banned
just read the announcement. An Aussie hacked GAF? :lol Mongoloid? I take it he/she was asian? That stuff about Nintendo loving fanboy = :lol Who's the permabanned member. At least let us know who it was. Not the real name but the userid.

I can't think of any Nintendo fanboys from Australia.... Speevy?

android

Theoretical Magician
JasoNsider said:
Well it's not really about moral guidance so much as it is about a push for consistency. Had a junior member started this thread, even with just intentions to get people all pissy, he would be banned on spot. Had somebody posted a thread about how shit PSP is, you would probably ban him on spot, no?

I love visiting this board, but I wouldn't mind knowing exactly what constitutes "stepping out of line", you know?
Someone didn't read the link MAF provided. Pick your battles.

Top Bottom