• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nioh Collection announced for PS5. 4K 120FPS

bender

What time is it?
Players that own Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition on PS4 can upgrade to Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition on PS5 at no additional cost.

I wonder what the original game will cost to upgrade? No mention of save transfer either. Still great news.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
PC for me, since the PS5 don't support 1440p lol

Peasant rez. Pfft!

294px-PCMR.png

borborygmus

How's Nioh 2 compared to the first game? The first one didn't hook me for some reason. The item/loot system was too sophisticated for me to want to get into for this kind of game.

GHG

Gold Member
Will Nioh 1 be updated on PC to support 120hz then?

Currently 60fps is the max it will do.

ruvikx

Banned
One of the best features of the first Nioh on ps4 was the performance mode at 720p, i.e. in such a game, 60 fps made a huge, huge difference.

I wish other games had the same tbh (i.e. I played on a 1080p Panasonic Plasma at the time ergo the drop from 1080p to 720p wasn't really massively noticeable in terms of image quality. Nice to see they're still updating & upgrading this stuff.

Neofire

Game of the year 2020, Nioh 2, is coming to PS5

LINK

On February 5 2021, the following titles will be simultaneously released to celebrate the four year anniversary of the Nioh franchise:

• Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 4)
  • Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 5)
  • Nioh Remastered – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 5)
  • The Nioh Collection (available on PlayStation 5)
Definitely getting this when I get a ps5 lol

Oh nice!

This is awesome. I was waiting for Nioh 2 to come to PC but this has me covered on PS5. I’ll go back and play the first game again too

Day One

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Highly recommend those who've not gotten it yet or held off for PC/PS5 Remaster to pick this up. The games are great.

Hudo

What's unfortunate about it being via Steam?
It's a game walled behind an online account/DRM client.

I know I am in the minority and I know that most physical PC games I buy are bound to Steam but I just crack those/download a repack such that I don't have to bother with all that account stuff.
But that's just me. I know that many PC gamers love Steam.

poodaddy

Gold Member
It's a game walled behind an online account/DRM client.

I know I am in the minority and I know that most physical PC games I buy are bound to Steam but I just crack those/download a repack such that I don't have to bother with all that account stuff.
But that's just me. I know that many PC gamers love Steam.
Fair enough.

Umbral

Even being a huge From Software fan I just couldn’t get into these games. I don’t know why. I tried multiple times and it just didn’t stick.

Hopefully being 4K cleans up the image, because those edges look like chainsaw teeth.

Its the game locked to only 120fps for PC? Hopefully the devs don't give us a ps5 port, but the game and visuals the devs actually envisioned, with no compromises.

Top Bottom