• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Klaxon said:
I don't want to buy or play it. :(

WitchfinderGeneral5.jpg

"Burn him."

Xdrive05

Klaxon said:
I saw, read and heard so much awesome stuff, yet I don't want to buy or play it. :(

HALP GAF!

You need to see your doctor. There's something severely wrong with you.

hint:
Cartman gave you AIDS.

Props on the thread. Came earlier than expected.

Any possibility of a gamertag/psn i.d gathering for some Crops n Crooks games after release? GTA IV is definitely the sort of game that a lot of people like to take their sweet time with in finishing, and it'd be nice to have a community here where gaffers can get together and have some great multiplayer sessions without any douches or spoiling bastards.

Dark FaZe said:
Props on the thread. Came earlier than expected.

Any possibility of a gamertag/psn i.d gathering for some Crops n Crooks games after release? GTA IV is definitely the sort of game that a lot of people like to take their sweet time with in finishing, and it'd be nice to have a community here where gaffers can get together and have some great multiplayer sessions without any douches or spoiling bastards.

There will definitely be tags dropped here (in this thread) as well as in the online/matchup forum.

Tr4nce

Himuro said:
I was originally going to make the banner Niko reaching out, with Roman in background, and the Scarface globe in his hands. But I didn't do it. I felt that thread title would have fit the banner a lot so I went with it. I didn't change it though.

Any suggestions for the OP, anyone? (Trance? :D)

Nah, no more suggestions dude. Everything I had 'coded' is also in the OP. You did a splendid job
except for the thread subtitle ;)

GameGamer

Felix Lighter said:
- Many interiors are fully decorated and have been given a much bigger emphasis and importance on game

That's really not the same at all.

So did GTA4 finally get me freedom to roam inside the buildings?

That answer is no then?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
GameGamer said:
That's really not the same at all.

So did GTA4 finally get me freedom to roam inside the buildings?

That answer is no then?

Some buildings just not all of them.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone see the kotaku article where some dude in australia called take two support and was told that the only thing that rockstar cut was a cutscene involving
niko jamming a weapon into a person private place because a friend of his was sexually assaulted in prison
apparently that was the only thing they cut. I dunno how reliable kotaku is these days tough.

Teknoman

Riptwo said:
So close. But I'm not sure whether I should jump into single or multiplayer first.

Single. Get used to the new system before you run into MP of course. Besides you've gotta take time to make a good custom character in MP before even diving in right? So you might as well play SP for awhile the first day, then MP the later half.

Little Jacob is the guy who sells you weapons. Your relationship is maintained through phone contact and loyalty. If you boost up his relationship he will give you more powerful weapons.

" Jacob my man, how ya been?"
:lol

Himuro said:
Answer the question yourself. =/ If there are fully decorated interiors, surely this means you can enter them.

I guess I forgot the part in my OP where, while in pursuit, you can run into someone's house, out the back, and up their fire escape.

Wow seriously? Now thats nice.

Also included was a list of EVERY radio station in the game:
We Know The Truth (Talk)
Radio Broker (Alternative Rock, eg LCD Soundsystem)
San Juan Sounds (Latin)
Integrity 2.0 (Talk featuring Lazlow)
Tuff Going Radio (Reggae, eg Bob Marley)
Liberty City Hardcore (Punk/Hardcore)
Electro Choc (Dance)
Liberty City Rock Radio 97.8 (Classic Rock, eg R.E.M.)
Massive B Soundsystem 96.9 (Dance hall)
International Funk IF99 (Funk, eg War)
Public Liberty Radio (Phone in speech)
The Classics 104.1 (Old school Hip hop)
The Beat 102.7 (Contemporary Hip-Hop)
Jazz Nation Radio 108.5 (Jazz, eg Miles Davis)
K108 The Studio (Disco)
Fusion FM (Soul, eg Roy Ayers)
Vladivostok FM (Eastern European)
The Journey (Ambient/Chillout, eg Jean Michelle Jarre)

Its officially confirmed that you're insane if you use custom soundtracks with this one.

neojubei

Himuro said:
Answer the question yourself. =/ If there are fully decorated interiors, surely this means you can enter them.

I guess I forgot the part in my OP where, while in pursuit, you can run into someone's house, out the back, and up their fire escape.

Sweet. I wonder if the someone will call the police if i randomly walked into someone's house.

neojubei

If Rockstar ships the game early probably 2-3 days before monday, I wonder which retailers will be dumb enough to sell it before the release date.

neojubei

HK-47 said:
So, Hot Coffee this time? Would they dare?

I seriously doubt it since the last lawsuit cost them millions. I bet the lawyers that filed the lawsuit will be watching this game closely to see if they can cash in.

pn18

Banned
Himuro said:
Physics Engine: Euphoria
Graphics Engine: RAGE

Wrong.

Euphoria is NOT a physics engine, in fact it's an animation engine if you will. I don't know which physics engine they are using, but it seems like they are not using Havoc.

And RAGE is not just a graphics engine, it's a game engine.

BeeDog

BeeDog said:
So has it been stated from what country the main character is from? They keep saying he's from Eastern Europe, so I'm leaning towards Serbia, since the name sounds very Serbian. Also, in the OPM review they spoil a mission where
Albanians crash a funeral
, so that further confirms my guess.

Anyone?

:'(

Euphoria animations are physics based though. Depending on trajectory, speed, etc. But yeah, euphoria isnt going to control the way a car blows up or box rolls down stairs.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hey cool, can't wait to get this after exams and stuff on the 5th. Maybe the third if I indulge myself.

ascully

I am locking myself in my gaming room for the week of the 29th, I told my wife to just basically ignore me all week as I will be super busy.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Himuro said:
I wanna read the OPM review but it's FULL of story spoilers and tidbits all over the place.

Yeah, it's a bit much. I didn't expect to find out who Niko was looking for in a review. I'm hoping that bit of info is an early reveal.

Nice to see the official thread up and running. Now we play the waiting game for some fresh gameplay videos, and small tidbits we have not already found out.

I started up a game of GTA III again a few weeks ago. Driving around Liberty City listening to Chatterbox brings back so many memories. I was expecting the visuals to be complete ass but using the Xbox 360 BC, it actually upscales very nicely, it still stutters occasionally though. Ha, my mind is so focused on GTA now. This wait is going to be rough.

MMaRsu

Banned
can someone list me all confirmed songs that are in GtaIV?

I know at lot of songs were listed in the old thread..

ascully

MMaRsu said:
can someone list me all confirmed songs that are in GtaIV?

I know at lot of songs were listed in the old thread..

Gipsy Kings - "Bem, Bem Maria"
Angel y Khris - "Ven Bailalo"
R.E.M - "Turn You Inside Out"
Miles Davis - "Move"
LCD Soundsystem - "Get Innocuous"
Bob Marley & The Wailers - "Rebel Music"
Roy Ayers - "Funk In The Hole"
Jean Michel Jarre - "Oxygene"
Boys Noize - "& Down"
Louis La Roche - "Love"
Simian Mobile Disco - "Tits & Acid"
Fela Kuti - "Sorrow Tears and Blood"
The O'Jays - "Give The People What They Want"
War - "Galaxy"
Elektrik Funk - "On A Journey"
Cerrone - "Supernature"
Don Ray - "Standing In The Rain"
Maximum Penalty - "All Your Boys"
Killing Time - "Tell Tale"
Bad Brains - "Right Brigade"
Ruslana - "Wild Dances"
Баста - "Мама"
Marakesh - "Ждать"
Seryoga - "King Ring"
Alexander O'Neal - "Criticise"
Nas - "War is Necessary"
DJ Green Lantern ft. Akon, Fabolous & Fat Joe - "I'm So Fly"
Queen - "One Vision"
UNKLE - Restless.

newsguy

Yes!!! Nice job Himuro. I'm avoiding that PSM review, and I don't want any spoilers on the comedy clubs. Finally we have a place to come talk shop again.

Teknoman

ascully said:
Gipsy Kings - "Bem, Bem Maria"
Angel y Khris - "Ven Bailalo"
R.E.M - "Turn You Inside Out"
Miles Davis - "Move"
LCD Soundsystem - "Get Innocuous"
Bob Marley & The Wailers - "Rebel Music"
Roy Ayers - "Funk In The Hole"
Jean Michel Jarre - "Oxygene"
Boys Noize - "& Down"
Louis La Roche - "Love"
Simian Mobile Disco - "Tits & Acid"
Fela Kuti - "Sorrow Tears and Blood"
The O'Jays - "Give The People What They Want"
War - "Galaxy"
Elektrik Funk - "On A Journey"
Cerrone - "Supernature"
Don Ray - "Standing In The Rain"
Maximum Penalty - "All Your Boys"
Killing Time - "Tell Tale"
Bad Brains - "Right Brigade"
Ruslana - "Wild Dances"
Баста - "Мама"
Marakesh - "Ждать"
Seryoga - "King Ring"
Alexander O'Neal - "Criticise"
Nas - "War is Necessary"
DJ Green Lantern ft. Akon, Fabolous & Fat Joe - "I'm So Fly"

I swear im gonna drive all over to that:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8pOvhv78Clk

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Eurogamer said:
...Motorbikes are still nimble, and now they can do backflips....

I just pissed my pants. The motorcycles are my favorite vehicle in the GTA games, and they sound even better now. Gah! These next few weeks will be some of the longest I've ever experienced.

Top Bottom