• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingFire

Banned
Seems the game length is actually one of the least worries. The game is utter shit per these reviews. As many have predicted, it is the Ryse of PS4.

When I saw those high scores on the OP, "cool, the game is fine after all".
When I click through the pages though, man this gonna be a rough ride.

Push Square's The Order: 1886 review:

The Order: 1886 is an antique that's aged ungracefully. The presentation is sublime from the release's rousing start right the way through to its anticlimactic finish, but several shoddy design decisions detract from its otherwise exemplary gloss. The developer's crafted an incredible universe, but outside of the title's core cast, it's failed to do much of note with it. This is a property that's begging for a sequel to realise its undeniable potential – but only time will determine whether it gets that opportunity.

6/10

Quoting from previous page due to speed of thread. :O

Slowdive

Banned
This is great.

order_score.gif

From Videogamer's review.

Osahi

It scores slightly less then I had imagined. From my time and enjoyment with it, I had expected lots of 7 - 7,5's, with some 6es and 5s. It's more the other way around :p

Kezen

Banned
Story seems mediocre as well. My God what a disaster.

I'll stick pick it up at some point, my PS4 is gathering dust.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
After playing it for the last couple of days, I'm not surprised by these scores.

The game is a very linear experience and doesn't do anything new on top of that. It's a solid 6 to 7 out of 10 game.

madmackem

Pretty much as expected, this game would have to have been something very special to come out of media dislike from the off. Same as drive club arguable the best racers this gen never got passed what the media thought about it from the off.

Trey

Damn. I thought for sure its presentation would keep it in the 7s, but reviewers are giving no quarter. I'm surprised.

DryvBy

Welp, too late for me. Amazon shipped. I was hoping to just cancel and use this money for something better. No one is liking this game lol.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Damn, Jenkins going all in. (One of my favorite journos out there)

In Short: Beneath the technical wonder this is just a dull, aimless Gears Of War clone – where the attempts at storytelling are just as boring and lifeless as the action.

Pros: Amazing graphics, that are the best yet on the PlayStation 4. The third person combat is relatively competent and the QTEs are some of the better examples of their breed.

Cons: Unbearably boring from its first moments, with an underwritten script, bland characters, and repetitive and overfamilar action. No replay value or additional game modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom