• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJLord

get

It's a shame, from the reviews it sounds like an interesting story. I can't justify full price on something where I'm going to be pressing quicktime event prompts for a majority of the game though. I'll probably get this later down the line.

jett

D-Member
Fives and sixes, shit's getting eviscerated, and honestly unsurprisingly so. Seems Sony knew what it was doing with the embargo date.

anddo0

My gut feeling>>>Love for Playstaton.

I love Sony franchises, but never had high hopes for this outside of graphics. I'll get this game in the fall, no more than $24.99.

I'm very interested to now return to that Eurogamer video preview thread.

Because I believe there is a long list of people that require a massive serving of crow.

Quoting from previous page due to speed of thread. :O

This is strange. How can you blanket the game as being 'antique' as you say when the visuals behind it are so startling? Why do reviewers never give visuals their just dues? This game compared to the current crop is near flawless when it comes to visuals, running rock solid and with far fewer bugs than many contemporaries. That is quite an achievement. I suppose, people like me who probably wouldn't even still be playing games if there weren't companies still pushing visuals are very much in the minority. Not bothered. Looking forward to the game.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Not shocked at the harsh reviews after hearing people's impressions. Sounds to me like the game sacrifices a lot for it's story-telling and visual qualities, and when you compromise too much with what people except from games in terms of gameplay, you take a huge risk.

I'm sure Sony-fans will love it regardless.

I was in the "This probably won't be good" camp, but even I didn't expect this level of brutality. Was thinking it would average 80 at worse.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Damn. I thought for sure its presentation would keep it in the 7s, but reviewers are giving no quarter. I'm surprised.

The presentation of the game was overhyped. Most of the times it looks good, sometimes great, sometimes bad. The fact that mirrors in the game don't even reflect your character really rubs me the wrong way.

I say gahddamn Crave
It’d be a surprise if a sequel ever saw the light of day.

I had that CE from BB on order due to a price glitch from months ago. Ended up cancelling it because I came to me senses and realized that's a dumb reason to buy a game. Plus with GCU it wasn't that much better of a deal. Glad I held off until the dust settles and I clear up a backlog. Waiting for some Gaf reviews. Always prefer real opinions

Damn what a shame this game is getting such poor reviews. I never expected 5's and 6's. I'm still going to play this game and see how I feel about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom