• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanspeed

Banned
Why would they review it based on the developers vision?
According to this 'judge a game based on what it is, not what its not' mantra I hear repeated often enough, every game is a 10/10, perfect, best ever of its kind. "But this other game did this and that better" "Ah ah ah, this isn't *that* game is it? Stop judging it based on what other games have done and only judge based on what *it* is trying to do." "Well what is it trying to do then?" "Exactly what it does."

Thoraxes

Predictions time?

7 from Sonygone
9 from IGN
8.5 from GameSpot
8 from Giant Bomb if they give out scores

Metacritic: 79 after 50 reviews
I'd expect much lower from Giant Bomb if their recent "It's not worth $40 for the amount of gameplay you get" statements are anything to go by.

Even from preliminary hands-on impressions, the game should score poorly from them since they seem to pay attention to that facet more.

Zakalwe

Banned
For those wondering when the embargo lifts:
t1424350800z4.png

So many fingers ready to click right now...

Trey

What is a reputable website in this context?

There are no qualifications to be a game reviewer. Why would some reviews count more than others?

Quality of writing, dedication to facts, respecting standard journalistic conventions, having an easy to navigate website design.

Not how the developers like it, how well it does what developers intended, according to the reviewer. Eg, as a linear game, does it work, is it fun? Is the story good and is it aided by the cutscenes or do they just get in the way? Does the cinematic look and feel of the game help it's narrative? Etc.

As oppose to, this game isn't open world therfore it deserves to be docked, or, it's cinematic and cut scene heavy, which in itself, irrespective of anything else is an inherant negative. Etc.
So your review would have no relation to how much the public would enjoy it, but only rare a game based on how well it fulfilled the developer's vision. Who would that review be good for?

Shozuki

I don't really want to predict, but I am hoping the game is decent. I mean the Eurogamer Expo demo was pretty boring, but I really like the art style so I'm hoping for the best...

Why are The Order threads getting so many views and comments? Are people that interested in the game? Or is it driven by "teh console warz"?

First big exclusive new IP for the PS4 so fanboy from everywhere are here to either wish for the game to have bad review or good, it's going to be a fun thread!

Grief.exe

The presentation alone should guarantee a minimum of 80 metascore.

Imagine if movie reviews were done similarly to game reviews.

Cameras were always rolling, everyone was well lit, and makeup applied. Nothing fell in front of the camera during filming.

10/10

oti

Banned
Threads like this make me wonder whether there's an underground video game review score betting ring under the disguise of GAF... With high stakes and guys ending up dead... or something

Whatever it is I hope this game succeeds, I wish RaD the best. That way we can get a sequel and improve on this new ip series for the better.

LoveCake

I have had this on pre-order for ages, it is the last game i have on pre-order & will have other than Project CARS LE.

I am obviously hoping it to be good, i am expecting to see 8/10's - 80>90's on the scoreing scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom