• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Saddest Thing Ever (NSFW, NSF anyone, really)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

jett said:
Er um, sorry Sonarrat, but I've also read about you trying to drink an animal's piss, and trying to fuck a cat. It wasn't second hand information, either. :p

That's also not what Maxwell House said.

I went through an experimental phase when I was about 13, which I've long since passed through. The cat has long since forgiven me, she's sleeping on the bed right next to me, and without getting too deep into it, it is NOT as bad as it sounds. I don't want to talk about it, though. It's ancient history.

Tarazet

Fifty said:
I'm an open-minded guy, but sonarrat is creeping me out. Mommy.... :(

You don't know the half of it.. all I care for you to know is that you don't need to call the Humane Society or the Feds on me. I'm okay, really. I only play with other humans who happen to be as twisted as I am. :p

Some Sonnarat nuggets from OA's past:

No, I have not had sex with, or even touched a dolphin, for that matter. That's more of an East Coast thing anyway, the Pacific is very cold and the dolphins don't come to the shore. I have heard that it is amazing, though, that the (female) dolphin massages you from inside, and times her orgasm with yours...

I never made a habit of attempting to mate with animals, and the few attempts I made were unsuccessful. But the fact that I ever tried it, though years past, says a lot. There's a strong sexual draw... amplified by the fact that most creatures really don't mind if you get what, by any human's standards, would be way too close and personal.

I wouldn't fuck any cat. I was 13 - think of all the stupid things you did when you were 13. She happened to strike me in just the wrong way, the attempt was a disaster, and I've regretted it every day since. That time has come and gone.

Lemun, it varies by state. In California it's a misdemeanor, in some states it's a felony, and in some others there's no state law. In any such case, though, "animal cruelty" is a good catch-all, and the prospect of getting on the wrong side of a terrorist group like PETA is enough to scare the shit out of me.

I was 16 when I got in the pen with a group of 4 horses and tested their patience... they were all too wary, and as a result, I never even tried to fuck them. I did, however, get kicked in the hip by a mare when I was stroking her belly and apparently struck the wrong chord.

For the record, one ill-advised day I tasted a horse's piss... it was not pleasant. There's a big difference between making a habit of something, and trying it once...

I can't seem to find his brilliant thread describing how he once saw a family of deer pissing while he ate lunch with his parents and wanted to go out and look closer or something to that affect. He has video taped deer pissing to..in fact, If I remember right, he has watched all sorts of animals pissing and seems to love it.

I dunno..Sonnarat creeps me out just a little bit.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I never made a habit of attempting to mate with animals, and the few attempts I made were unsuccessful.

giggles.jpg

Homosexuality is considered to be a genetic predisposition and can most certainly be a healthy, non-obsessive form of sexuality.

Furrydom is often a product of psychological issues (childhood abuse, neglect, rejection or trauma), and involves a very narrow, obsessive and fetishistic form of sexuality. Being a furry is a deeply-held psychological need to redefine the rules of sexuality to encompass the extremes of a particular fantasy, and obsessive fantasy tends to be very self-absorbed and specific. Furries have a need for acknowledgment of their alter ego, and when fantasy and reality start to blur around a person's sexuality like that, it's never, EVER healthy. Furries need serious therapy, not support.

It's not as simple as "if you don't think dudes on dudes is bad, why can't you accept that I like to think I'm a cartoon animal." That fact that Kaijima and NLB2 paint public contempt of furries as a crisis in imagination is insulting to the positive visionaries out there whose great imaginations aren't caught up in the consummately narrow egotism of the sexual fetishist.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Drinky Crow said:
That fact that Kaijima and NLB2 paint public contempt of furries as a crisis in imagination is insulting to the positive visionaries out there whose great imaginations aren't caught up in the consummately narrow egotism of the sexual fetishist.

Look at me everybody! I know big words! Hey! Hey you over here! Tredecaphobia!

EDIT: Not that they were that big in this case. I take it back.

etiolate

Banned
1. I get the first post and the comic. Imagination is good. It's basically like the whole theme of Return to Oz. The pills are anti-depressants, the message is be a productive member of society. Cog, machine, individualism dead. Yada di dada.

2. Furries *shudder*

3. :lol at the tag

4. Let's not get into a homosexuality acceptance vs other sexual activity acceptance debate. All lines to be drawn in the sand are based on opinion. I certainly draw a line, but I have nothing but myself to back it up with. As things can go in the world, we may be pushing furrydom as something to be accepted and acknowledged in the future.

NLB2

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
Homosexuality is considered to be a genetic predisposition and can most certainly be a healthy, non-obsessive form of sexuality.
Two things.
First - What do you mean by obsessive? From what I've seen I'd say that many heterosexual and homosexual men and women are obsessed with sex. In fact, it may not be too absurd to look at all of society in terms of sex, that is, sex may be the root of every action of society and the individuals in society.
Second - what is inherently wrong with an obsessive form of sexuality?

Drinky Crow said:
Furrydom is often a product of psychological issues (childhood abuse, neglect, rejection or trauma)
Perhaps you haven't realized this, but all actions taken by all humans are products of psychological issues!
Also, assuming that childhood abuse causes people to become furries (an idea which I imagine you are just assuming, if not, I would like to see some research) what does it matter that childhood abuse causes people to become furries?
Drinky Crow said:
...and involves a very narrow, obsessive and fetishistic form of sexuality. Being a furry is a deeply-held psychological need to redefine the rules of sexuality to encompass the extremes of a particular fantasy, and obsessive fantasy tends to be very self-absorbed and specific. Furries have a need for acknowledgment of their alter ego
Assuming this is true, so what?
Drinky Crow said:
and when fantasy and reality start to blur around a person's sexuality like that, it's never, EVER healthy. Furries need serious therapy, not support.
Care to give reasons rather than just insult?

Drinky Crow said:
It's not as simple as "if you don't think dudes on dudes is bad, why can't you accept that I like to think I'm a cartoon animal."
I never said it was that simple. I drew an analogy between homosexuality and furriness to reduce that other guy's (I can't think of his name) argument to the absurd.
Drinky Crow said:
That fact that Kaijima and NLB2 paint public contempt of furries as a crisis in imagination is insulting to the positive visionaries out there whose great imaginations aren't caught up in the consummately narrow egotism of the sexual fetishist.
When ever did Kaijima or I do that?

I'll help you read for comprehension:

Obsessive sexuality is bad because it ultimately focuses on the very exclusive and demanding needs of ONE person in the relationship. The more it's indulged, the more extremely selfish it becomes, because it weds facets of identity and sexuality in a very negative way. Sooner or later, the common bond of crotchless panda suits will give way to the need for very specific validation of the fantasy identity, which doesn't even work well in "normal" heterosexual relationships.

I'm insulting furries, yes, but I also honestly think they need serious therapy. Furrydom is the manifestation of a very desperate need for the validation of a fantasy identity, which invariably creates folks who aren't exactly socially compatible and who will, in the pursuit of their obsession, invariably victimize someone -- as all serious fetishists ultimately do. It's simply too selfish and consuming a behavior for healthy relationships.

Again, I don't support the active legal persecution of furries, nor would I ever vote for someone who had that in mind. On the other hand, society should not have to condone or endorse the extremes of behavior, especially sexual behavior, and insisting that furries seek help for their problem is hardly preventing them from downloading pictures of Starfox and smacking their hog around.

NLB2

Banned
Drinky Crow said:

Obsessive sexuality is bad because it ultimately focuses on the very exclusive and demanding needs of ONE person in the relationship. The more it's indulged, the more extremely selfish it becomes, because it weds facets of identity and sexuality in a very negative way. Sooner or later, the common bond of crotchless panda suits will give way to the need for very specific validation of the fantasy identity, which doesn't even work well in "normal" heterosexual relationships.

I'm insulting furries, yes, but I also honestly think they need serious therapy. Furrydom is the manifestation of a very desperate need for the validation of a fantasy identity, which invariably creates folks who aren't exactly socially compatible and who will, in the pursuit of their obsession, invariably victimize someone -- as all serious fetishists ultimately do. It's simply too selfish and consuming a behavior for healthy relationships.

Again, I don't support the active legal persecution of furries, nor would I ever vote for someone who had that in mind. On the other hand, society should not have to condone or endorse the extremes of behavior, especially sexual behavior, and insisting that furries seek help for their problem is hardly preventing them from downloading pictures of Starfox and smacking their hog around.

Ah, the joy of being a psychologist who doesn't have to do any research. Having fun DC?

The forums are a thesis paper? Sorry, if you'd like footnotes, you'll just hafta wait. Other than that, if you can't accept clear rationale on a web forum, preferring to shriek for a cascade of Googled spreadsheets in lieu of getting down to business and presenting why you think I'm wrong, then hey: you're the one throwing up the smokescreen of academia in a off-the-cuff web forum argument.

Either shit out your take on the subject at hand, or take your whiny little self home. This argument's about patently personal opinions, not tit-for-tat debate club posturing.

Boogie9IGN

Error Macro said:
The last frame is kind of sad, because you remember Hobbes is just a stuffed animal. I don't know. Something like that. It made me kind of sad, anyway.

IAWTP :(

Poor Hobbes

Tarazet

Drinky Crow said:

Just going in random order: believe it or not, I agree with your evaluations for the most part. I just took offense with the way that you took off with this line of talk from the very first reply to the thread.

I'm not going to use myself as an example: I'm not doing myself any favors by doing that, clearly. But I interact with Furries on a daily basis, and I am more than ready to give you your due for the idea that Furriness is self-centered. It's not that Furries can't be humane, gentle and caring, but this is entirely exclusive of the Furriness itself. Both the pacifistic and the dominating/violent types have in common that their actions are attuned to their own pleasures. It's never as simple as liking the feel of fur or thinking pointed ears are sensual.

Iceman

Yeah, I am really surprised this thread hasn't been locked and archived yet.

A little too much information if you know what I mean.

NLB2

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
The forums are a thesis paper? Sorry, if you'd like footnotes, you'll just hafta wait. Other than that, if you can't accept clear rationale on a web forum, preferring to shriek for a cascade of Googled spreadsheets in lieu of getting down to business and presenting why you think I'm wrong, then hey: you're the one throwing up the smokescreen of academia in a off-the-cuff web forum argument.

Either shit out your take on the subject at hand, or take your whiny little self home. This argument's about patently personal opinions, not tit-for-tat debate club posturing.

I was actually writing more, but now that you admit to bullshitting what's the point?
Drinky, its not that I think you're wrong, I don't. In fact, if Las Vegas was taking bets on the matter, I'd most likely place money on your hypothesis. Its just I don't sit well with untested hypothesises, especially when they are being used to attack groups of people.

Where did I say I was bullshitting? Look, if you can't accept the nature of an argument given its context -- a heated snarl on a videogaming OT forum -- then don't; just don't whine to me about it and expect me to respond with two hours worth of serious Google-fu filtering work, because you aren't being realistic.

I've read many, many books and journal papers on the nature of sexual fetishism, because I simply don't like NOT understanding why people do the things they do when I don't have a frame of reference. You can either accept my authority on the subject, or reject it, but I'm not going to stop debating because you played the "I need stats to trust you" card.

NLB2

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
Where did I say I was bullshitting? Look, if you can't accept the nature of an argument given its context -- a heated snarl on a videogaming OT forum -- then don't; just don't whine to me about it and expect me to respond with two hours worth of serious Google-fu filtering work, because you aren't being realistic.

I've read many, many books and journal papers on the nature of sexual fetishism, because I simply don't like NOT understanding why people do the things they do when I don't have a frame of reference. You can either accept my authority on the subject, or reject it, but I'm not going to stop debating because you played the "I need stats to trust you" card.
Drinky Crow, although I'm arguing with you I will gladly accept that you are right in your analysis of furryism if you are indeed right. If you don't want to search for some specific article, then please give me the name of an article or author of an article which you are referencing.

der, let's see:

there's was an article recently I got off a link from Andrew Sullivan's web page -- of all places -- on variant sexuality. Can't seem to dredge it up, though. Oh, and the Bulloughs' book on a history of sexual mores, although it's pretty dated -- definitely pre-furry. I don't read this stuff regularly or even annually; this is spread out over 10 or so years of academia and idle interest.

EDIT: The Bulloughs' book is "Sexual Variance in Society and History". Don't recall who published it.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
drinky, you seem to assume that anyone with a sexual fetish is, by default, obsessive about it. Continually seeking it, and this represents some sort of need to be fixed. But I doubt all furries are as obsessive about it and you seem to insinuate.

How do you feel about someone that has a completely 'normal' sexual apetite for real women and a healthy relationship, but in addition, likes to occasionally look at furries. I magine such a person would come to defend furrydome because you are attacking something they enjoy, but it is hardly a deep routed and harmfull obsession that needs to be fixed.

I think anime cat girls (the ones that are mostly human but have the ears and the tail) look cute :(

Brannon

...WHAT.

......THE.

......*@%^.....

So I'm going to play some Metal Arms now.

To stay on topic though, the saddest thing ever would have been how the author of Calvin and Hobbes had decided to use the alternate way to end the series instead of the famous "let's go exploring!". That would've broken my heart.

Brannon

I think it's Calvin and Hobbes walking through the woods and he's talking about something, then addresses Hobbes, but he doesn't answer so he looks back and even though no one's around, Hobbes has reverted back to a stuffed toy for good. Then Calvin walks off. The End.

Even though you gain a lot, growing up takes away so much.

Cyan

Banned
WTF?

Keep your fucking fucked up furries out of my Calvin and Hobbes. Seriously. I will kill you if you ever associate Calvin and Hobbes with messed up fetishes again.

Tarazet

DJ Brannon said:
I think it's Calvin and Hobbes walking through the woods and he's talking about something, then addresses Hobbes, but he doesn't answer so he looks back and even though no one's around, Hobbes has reverted back to a stuffed toy for good. Then Calvin walks off. The End.

Even though you gain a lot, growing up takes away so much.

Wow... I've never seen that. That's really poignant. I have a book where Watterson explains each of the characters and their meanings/inspirations, why only Calvin can see Hobbes as a real tiger, the various symbols and backstories.. it's really a fantastic read. I'm going to have to pull it out again, I'm feeling really nostalgic...

How do you feel about someone that has a completely 'normal' sexual apetite for real women and a healthy relationship, but in addition, likes to occasionally look at furries. I magine such a person would come to defend furrydome because you are attacking something they enjoy, but it is hardly a deep routed and harmfull obsession that needs to be fixed.

My opinion has shades of grey, too.

Vormund

In a vain attempt to steer this thread in a somewhat non-sicko direction, here is the last strip of Calvin and Hobbes; December 31 1995

calvinlast.gif

Chrono

Banned
slayn said:
drinky, you seem to assume that anyone with a sexual fetish is, by default, obsessive about it. Continually seeking it, and this represents some sort of need to be fixed. But I doubt all furries are as obsessive about it and you seem to insinuate.

I think anime cat girls (the ones that are mostly human but have the ears and the tail) look cute :(

Poster_9880.jpg

effzee

ok i read a lot and understood even less....but dont mind but do tell what a furry is.

or do i not want to know?

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Drinky Crow said:
My opinion has shades of grey, too.

I guess my opinion tends to be that liking furries would fall in the same realm as almost all life pleasures. That there is absolutely nothing wrong with them when practiced in moderation. To say your opinion holds shades of grey merely means to me that you would consider someone that practices furrydome in moderation is merely in need of help less drastically than that of those you think are in dire need of it. And its those people I would disagree with you on.

To make my point more concrete, I see enjoying furries the same as alchohol. You can use it/experience it in moderation and there is nothing wrong with it. You just enjoy it and you know that abusing it will cause trouble but a normal person can exhibit restraint. If they ever become obsessive about it though, then its time for them seek help.

belgurdo

Banned
Cyan said:
WTF?

Keep your fucking fucked up furries out of my Calvin and Hobbes. Seriously. I will kill you if you ever associate Calvin and Hobbes with messed up fetishes again.

We all know Calvin is a plushy fetishist anyway

Could a mod please put a NSFW indication into the title of the topic? Seriously, the shit in this thread isn't something you could anticipate from the thread title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom