• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Secret World |OT| Everything is True

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I'm actually interested in this one, but I refuse to be an early adopter. Been bit on the tip of the nose too many times in the last few years.

derFeef

Going with Daemon personally as I have plenty of European/Scandinavian mmo buddies.

It's all one location, anyway. I don't like the "made up" separation. By the way Faerie is now going to be a normal dimension and Arcadia is now a RP dimension, because they caved in to the whining...

Effect

That would be great. :) A little of the range and melee combat. Just to see how the animations are and how enemies react. Curious if there was any change from the first two beta weekends.

Thankfully my account still has the pre-order code applied to it from when I got it from Amazon originally. So I can download the client and patch it. If I can get it down by tomorrow I'll likely get the digital version and just back up the folder to dvd. That way I can play this weekend as no store locally is selling the boxed version and to wait for it to arrive from Amazon would end with it coming the week after release.

Edit: I'll be checking my local Best Buy today to just to make sure. It's coming up on their site as "In Store Online". So I can select in store pick up but might be able to preorder it from the kiosk physically in the store.

Xander51

I'm kind of interested in this game but haven't really been following it. Thanks for making this thread because it looks like the official site is getting hammered right now and I couldn't even get it to load.

derFeef

That would be great. :) A little of the range and melee combat. Just to see how the animations are and how enemies react. Curious if there was any change from the first two beta weekends.

Thankfully my account still has the pre-order code applied to it from when I got it from Amazon originally. So I can download the client and patch it. If I can get it down by tomorrow I'll likely get the digital version and just back up the folder to dvd. That way I can play this weekend as no store locally is selling the boxed version and to wait for it to arrive from Amazon would end with it coming the week after release.

Edit: I'll be checking my local Best Buy today to just to make sure. It's coming up on their site as "In Store Online". So I can select in store pick up but might be able to preorder it from the kiosk physically in the store.

I am sorry dude, youtube refuses the upload at 99% - something is wrong with my ISP or whatever, Steam downloads are also acting werid. I will try again tomorrow (11pm here).

edit: we don't have Dragon yet? Interesting :) My second character is going to be a Dragon for sure - I am also thinking of ditching my nick for the main because it's somehow weird...

Miletius

I'm excited about this game, but still undecided. I suppose I'll have to decide soon as my Amazon preorder will ship in the morning.

If there were a solid GAF group it might be easier to jump in, only because my friends are NOT getting into another MMO anytime soon as we still haven't even set foot in Inferno DIII yet, and SWTOR bit them so hard.

Also, the last beta client had a weird bug and crash that prevented me from loading the game. I only played up until the endish of character creation.

derFeef

Shiiiiet! Now I'm hyped. Can I play with american neogaffers on the same server? (I'm from Europe).

You can play with anyone on any dimension, it's all one server. You can "meet up" and then spawn to your buddies/gaffer/etc. nearest Anima well.

The only restriction is that the large scale PVP (Fusang) is tied to one dimension because of the size of this thing.

edit: btw. this is the last chance to reserve your nickname, go fast!

TheYanger

Where do I secure my nick right now exactly? I thought it was done during character creation.

Go to your account page and it has services listed at the bottom, click 'name reservation'. Each preorder has one, you can buy more if you hate yourself.

kSt

Thanks for the great OT!
Unfortunately, I won't be able to jump in from the start because of numerous reasons, but I'll keep an eye on the game and maybe one day...

Furthermore, I think Dreamfall Chapters must be made.

Effect

I am sorry dude, youtube refuses the upload at 99% - something is wrong with my ISP or whatever, Steam downloads are also acting werid. I will try again tomorrow (11pm here).

edit: we don't have Dragon yet? Interesting :) My second character is going to be a Dragon for sure - I am also thinking of ditching my nick for the main because it's somehow weird...

No problem. Thanks thought. I'll try to search youtube to see if I find anything as well.

Edit: Going to get the digital version in the end. No local stores will have it in stock or at least won't let preorder it. At least this way I should be able to play this weekend. Though the patcher seems stuck on "Downloading patch information". Looks like the servers are down. I wonder if this is the case for Origin as well.

Effect

There was a post on the official forums from someone that contacted tech support. It seems devs are working on an update to the patcher/client so no one is able to download the game at the moment.

Edit: There is now a message on the patcher about the issue.

fauxtrot

Banned
I'm assuming that it's too late to "pre-order" this to play early? I have been following this game on and off for years and I didn't realize it was actually being released now(ish)! I don't want to wait :(

Ebris

Hey, can anyone tell me if Chaos Magic is something besides Green Lantern weapons? When I heard Chaos Magic, I immediately thought of the Warp from Warhammer 40k, but what I've seen in the beta weekends really disappointed me. If the powers go beyond that for later abilities, then that'd interest me, but I definitely wouldn't want to stick with that kind of magic system if they remain the ethereal weapon spamming.

cj_iwakura

Had no idea this was a modern game.

Might sate my World of Darkness needs.
[ :( ]

I've never payed for an MMO though, not sure I want to start now. I guess it's too late to beta or something.

Effect

Good opening post. Forgot to comment on it.

Okay I'm back in. Pre-ordered again and just waiting for the patch server to go back up. Won't be getting in until Saturday night at this rate though. Still better then waiting until next week for a retail boxed version to arrive in the mail.

Going Templar in the end. The home dimension setup is interesting. I hope it works out in the end. I hope the dimensions are also labeled correctly so you won't won't end up on the wrong one and have to constantly move (seemingly only if you get into a group with someone that is on another dimension) when you are logged in during what should be your peak time because you picked a EU one instead of a US one or the reverse. Pick the wrong one and you could physically in-game be alone until you move over to group.

Edit:

MMORPG is giving out keys for in-game t-shirts.

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/357/Get-Your-MMORPGcom-TShirt-For-The-Secret-World.html

Man

Having listened to the soundtrack a few times.

It is good and moody but maybe a bit to unnoticeable. I know that's often a good trait for MMO music but I have kept that in mind. It is definitely fitting though and mysterious. Very X-files.

Age of Conan on the other hand had what I consider the best game soundtrack of all time only challenged by Shadow of the Colossus. If you haven't experienced the AOC soundtrack I strongly recommend it. It's absolutely beautiful.

tomedo

Preordered from Origin and managed to start the patcher. Can't create an account though: "There was an error submitting your data. Please check your input and try to correct any invalid fields."

Same shit happened at AoC launch. Funcom. Funcom. FUNcom. AAARrrg.

TheYanger

They're still not actually up. Not surprised you can't create an account while they get the auth running. A precise time would've been nice of course...

tomedo

Actually I managed to create an account now. Anyone having problems make sure you select payment option and type something in "your reference" -field (even though the registration page looks like your default payment option is already selected its really not).

Can't remember if this was my problem with AoC account too but the error message was exactly the same. =D

derFeef

Anyone with a pre-order will be able to get into the game at 16:00 GMT (18:00 CEST, noon EDT, 9am PDT). Players who placed their pre-orders early and anyone with the Grand Master Pack will get access on June 29th even earlier.
Says right there.

Damn, this is the first game I've seen with a TXAA setting and I can't select it even though I have a Kepler card. :( I thought it was a beta thing but it seems that it's not working in the Early Access build either.
Bah.

And yes, I had a 1.66GB patch.

Top Bottom