• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The State of PlayStation: Leaks and Rumors Regarding Games from PlayStation Studios, PSS Visual Arts, and Bungie

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
PlayStation-Studios.jpg

20 percent of the games probably support VR in some way. We really don't know anything.

The next Sony showcase SHOULD be bigger than the first one.

I'm sure it will be soon. They still have to market Spider-Man 2 and whatever else they have for the holidays.

Across the Spider-Verse comes out June 2nd. I think Sony will plan an all out spider-man blitz around this. June, July, August ad campaign for Spider-Man 2, with the game releasing in September.

We could even see that Marvel's Spider-Man is in Across the Spider-Verse. Not to suggest he'll have a major role, but he was in it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Its clear To me that they have a lot in the works but when you own that many studios you should. It’s time to put up or shut up for Sony. This should be the best damn conference they have ever put out so if jimbo fucks it up and gives us some gaas trash with a cool Spider-Man 2 demo then he’s officially become our Phil Spencer.

I want genre defining, next Gen standard setting, jaw dropping stuff from these studios. If after all these years they aren’t ready to at least show stuff then herman has got to go too. However, it’s clear that he’s assembled an insanely diverse audio portfolio and seems to have given each team enough resources to handle multiple AAA projects. So he’s doing something right.

Jimbo too. The money for this is coming from him so I’m really hoping they show up with a huge lineup of these games otherwise they are probably all in development hell and their investments would’ve been for naught.

P.s even if half of those rumors are true they might show up with a dozen AAA first and second party exclusives at this conference. Maybe 20. I wonder if they will look at that and decide to hold back stuff until next year.

SlimySnake

No Japanese ip or studio

FUCK
The astro bot studio is Japanese and working on a new ip since shipping astro bot two years ago.

Rise of ronin is being made by Team ninja for ps5.

Ff7-2 was due this year but likely delayed. We might still see it.

Bloodborne is a Japanese ip though a western studio is rumored to be making it.

Mgs is also a Japanese ip but again likely made by a western studio

Silent hill 2 remake. Japanese ip.

Weezard

Neo Member
Im mostly excited about the ND fantasy game and Bluepoint projects!

Really hope we have a Showcase soon that let us know more.

killatopak

What?! Is this real?
The astro bot studio is Japanese and working on a new ip since shipping astro bot two years ago.

Lots of third party stuff. They're very exciting but I was hoping for 1st party ip like Astrobot and older ip like Siren or something like that.

Mr Hyde

I have a hard time believing that Cory Barlogs new IP is Stig Asmussens canned sci-fi game from a decade ago. Stig left Santa Monica for respawn when they cancelled his game, as it was rumored to be too similar to Destiny, and for Cory and SSM to revive it from the dead sounds like complete bull.

SoraNoKuni

They don't even have to reveal 1/3 of those for that event to be great.
If it's true... woah, jimbo probably has invested money in torture chambers in each studio hq.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Its clear To me that they have a lot in the works but when you own that many studios you should. It’s time to put up or shut up for Sony. This should be the best damn conference they have ever put out so if jimbo fucks it up and gives us some gaas trash with a cool Spider-Man 2 demo then he’s officially become our Phil Spencer.
It is not remotely close to "put up or shut up" time for Sony. I expect hot takes from you, but this is nuclear fusion level hot. Sony have had the most consistent track record for the past 10+ years of delivering exclusives. Some have been better than others, but every single year Sony delivers 2-3 big exclusives for the past 10 years. Jim Ryan is nowhere remotely close to Phil Spencer in terms of incompetence when it comes to game development. I say this as somewhat who despises Jim Ryan. Sony has basically become the nvidia of consoles. They can do what they want, charge what they want and people will still buy because they still perform well/games are good. Sony is not as bad as nvidia, though (looks at 4090)

I am fine with GAAS as long as it doesn't get in the way of their AAA games.

I must be tired. Does Polyphony have a second team? I mean GT is still very recent.
No, I don't think they have a second team. They've never really put out full games back to back.

They should be working on GT7 on PC right now, but it doesn't appear to be the case. Sony needs to reign them in.

They seem to be working on GT7 PS5 still and just increasing the car count.

Think they will port much of their work over to a new engine in GT8 that would be PS5 only. I think the way they make the assets now that they can reuse them.

Bartski

Gold Member
Nice summary but none of this is new and a lot of it is reaching or just false. Barlog did not work on Internal-7 aka Darkside, the project was binned and all the leads left & good, cause it sucked.

SlimySnake

It is not remotely close to "put up or shut up" time for Sony. I expect hot takes from you, but this is nuclear fusion level hot. Sony have had the most consistent track record for the past 10+ years of delivering exclusives. Some have been better than others, but every single year Sony delivers 2-3 big exclusives for the past 10 years. Jim Ryan is nowhere remotely close to Phil Spencer in terms of incompetence when it comes to game development. I say this as somewhat who despises Jim Ryan. Sony has basically become the nvidia of consoles. They can do what they want, charge what they want and people will still buy because they still perform well/games are good. Sony is not as bad as nvidia, though (looks at 4090)

I am fine with GAAS as long as it doesn't get in the way of their AAA games.
We haven’t had a next Gen game from Sony first party in 2 years since ratchet came out. This is just as bad as philbos worst stretch.

He’s done ok with cross gen games but i didn’t pay jim $500 to play last Gen games. 3 years ago when Phil said cross gen will last two years you were all with me trashing him 100%. Be consistent.

Unknown?

No, I don't think they have a second team. They've never really put out full games back to back.

They should be working on GT7 on PC right now, but it doesn't appear to be the case. Sony needs to reign them in.

They seem to be working on GT7 PS5 still and just increasing the car count.

Think they will port much of their work over to a new engine in GT8 that would be PS5 only. I think the way they make the assets now that they can reuse them.
No one wants them to waste their time on PC ports. Let someone else do that.

Assets are made ultra high, probably higher than PS5 can render and definitely higher than PS4 was so it doesn't have to be remade.

No one wants them to waste their time on PC ports. Let someone else do that.

Assets are made ultra high, probably higher than PS5 can render and definitely higher than PS4 was so it doesn't have to be remade.

Yamauchi said the assets are able to run in 8K, so I think we're good for the rest of time. Other than licensing issues, we should only see the car totals increase substantially again from now on.

Supporting PC will take Gran Turismo 7 to the next level. Should be on mobile as well.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
We haven’t had a next Gen game from Sony first party in 2 years since ratchet came out. This is just as bad as philbos worst stretch.

He’s done ok with cross gen games but i didn’t pay jim $500 to play last Gen games. 3 years ago when Phil said cross gen will last two years you were all with me trashing him 100%. Be consistent.
TLOU 1 remake is next gen.

Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

Lost Souls Aside and Stray Blade are although not technically Japanese but can easily be counted as a Japanese game. Both published by SIE.

People seriously want to discount Sony's production this year

PSVR2
Horizon Call of the Mountain
Horizon Burning Shores
Gran Turismo 7 VR
MLB The Show 23
Spider-Man 2

2nd party/3rd party exclusive
Final Fantasy 16
Stellar Blade
Convallaria
Firewall Ultra
Silent Hill 2
Knights of the Old Republic Remake?

StereoVsn

People seriously want to discount Sony's production this year

PSVR2
Horizon Call of the Mountain
Horizon Burning Shores
Gran Turismo 7 VR
MLB The Show 23
Spider-Man 2

2nd party/3rd party exclusive
Final Fantasy 16
Stellar Blade
Convallaria
Firewall Ultra
Silent Hill 2
Knights of the Old Republic Remake?
KOTOR remake is dead in the water. However, FFVIIR2 should be coming this winter so they may mention it if the show is post FFXVI launch.

KOTOR remake is dead in the water. However, FFVIIR2 should be coming this winter so they may mention it if the show is post FFXVI launch.

They might spread that to the next fiscal year. Not sure Square Enix has a lot of the horizon after FFVII-2. Do we know what percentage of the game it should actually cover? Maybe they have FVII-3 next year.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The huge number of multiplayer titles in the pipeline is downright depressing. What a waste.

StereoVsn

They might spread that to the next fiscal year. Not sure Square Enix has a lot of the horizon after FFVII-2. Do we know what percentage of the game it should actually cover? Maybe they have FVII-3 next year.
No idea but they did say it will be a trilogy. So really depends on how SE handles it, there are a few good "stops" and also SE will probably change the story even more.

I do hope SE won't drag FFVIIR-2 too much into 2024 since not loving FFXVI previews (just not my cup of tea) and I loved FFVIIR.

Top Bottom