• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Terminal List - Prime Video, Chris Pratt (Bourne-like)

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I had it queued for watching but then read how after the first three eps or so it loses steam. Guess Jeff's health problems messed up the production.

I just finished episode 6. The pace definitely fell off hard after episode 3. It feels like they padded out the plot to get some extra episodes in. Still not a bad show, but the first two episodes were the strongest for me so far.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'm on episode 7, have been watching it with the wife that last two weeks. I don't like to binge stuff, feels like some of the impact is lost when you just plow through a show.

I'm absolutely loving it. I read that it was trashed by reviewers and last night I ended up going to RT to see what they had said, LMAO. I shouldn't be surprised but it's funny all the same. The show is great, just fun action with enough elements to make you want to see the bad guys get taken out.

I love the pacing too. I've been worried a few times that the show was gonna drag certain things out but it moves forward at a great pace. The end of the episode we watched last night was awesome. No spoilers but the one where James is on a hill. The way the episode ends was so great. I'm glad it put up great numbers. It's obvious why reviewers knocked it but I won't get into that.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Finished it last night, great show.

Nothing mind blowing, just solid action and and easy to root for. Who doesn't love seeing corrupt assholes get taken out by a Navy Seal? lol.

Ending was kind of a bummer, earlier in the season I had an inkling that they might go that route but I thought they handled it well. MAJOR SPOILERS. I was just hoping that if there's a season 2, James and Ben would keep at it with taking out corrupt fools. Ben was an awesome character and definitely redeemed himself.:messenger_loudly_crying:

edit- Just read that Chris Pratt was paid 1.4 million per episode. Good for him, such an easy paycheck. He did a great job but his stuff wasn't all that physical. Just looked cool doing it for the most part.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
edit- Just read that Chris Pratt was paid 1.4 million per episode. Good for him, such an easy paycheck. He did a great job but his stuff wasn't all that physical. Just looked cool doing it for the most part.
Wha, whaaaa? He is in a major action scene in like EVERY episode! You think those fight scenes and shooting sequences are easy to slap together or that he has a body double doing all of it?

While 1.4 mill/ep is pretty crazy, his name undoubtedly got some clicks. I'm just curious if they will keep him and for how long, or maybe get a new action actor to play Reece each season?

fart town usa

Gold Member
Wha, whaaaa? He is in a major action scene in like EVERY episode! You think those fight scenes and shooting sequences are easy to slap together or that he has a body double doing all of it?

While 1.4 mill/ep is pretty crazy, his name undoubtedly got some clicks. I'm just curious if they will keep him and for how long, or maybe get a new action actor to play Reece each season?
I'm not implying he did a bad job but it was mostly just tactical stuff that looked cool. A few CQC scenes and the forest episode was more physical but outside of that, I bet it was probably an easier filming process than some of the other stuff he's done. Not trying to knock his performance.

Paycheck was well deserved, super entertaining show. edit- the negative reviews from critics...so damn funny, I read a few more today for fun. Just so much butthurt and it's so obvious why they gave it bad reviews.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
YAY! Though I was kinda hoping they would adapt some of the earlier books since s1 kinda set that up. But I'll take it, enjoyed both seasons.

Not sure I would call Reacher a "technothriller" but it was damn good. The trifecta of James Reece, Jack Ryan, and Jack Reacher could only be boosted by a re-re-(re?)-boot of Dallas if only for the "Who shot J.R.?" joke.

Reactions: Gp1
Top Bottom