• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Touryst Renders at 6K/4K on Xbox Series X / S; It Almost Looks Like a Good CGI Movie, Says Dev

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We were able to get a few comments from Shin'en Multimedia CEO Manfred Linzner on their favorite part of the Xbox Series X hardware and the optimizations made for both Series X and Series S.

For us, it's the very powerful GPU. So it was really easy to up the visuals in The Touryst to perfection. Depending on Xbox Series X or S, we render at 6K or 4K resolution and then downsample to the target resolution, so you have a very crisp yet extra smooth supersampled display. It almost looks like a good CGI movie and that's all with no temporal reprojection, so every pixel is fresh and unique without temporal artifacts.

On the cheaper and less powerful Xbox Series S, Linzner said:

It wasn't a limit to us. I think the Xbox Series S is quite fine depending on what you need and want.

We asked the Shin'en CEO if The Touryst could be coming to Steam (PC) and PlayStation 5 too, but he said there was nothing to announce on that front. However, when we inquired about a potential multiplatform port of the studio's previous release, FAST RMX, Linzner simply said: 'Never say never'.

Lastly, when questioned on what's coming next for Shin'en after The Touryst, Linzner teased fans to 'expect the unexpected'.

I think no one anticipated something like The Touryst from us, but we need to challenge ourselves and not to repeat us. So expect the unexpected.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
It's on PC Gamepass already and I think it already outputs at 4k, doesn't it? I thought that's what I played it at. It looked neat, but I don't know if I'd compare its visual with that of a movie. I would think it should already have output at 4k on a console.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Can we now put to bed forever the idea the series s is dragging down the x versions?

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
This is a game with the most basic graphics features you can get.

A toaster could run this at 4K.

When 2nd wave next gen exclusive games hit, we can revisit the conversation.

Just saying, the developers are saying it was nothing to do the s version - as expected.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Can we now put to bed forever the idea the series s is dragging down the x versions?

NO.

Halo-Infinite-Craig-the-Brute-Phil-Spencer.jpg

Top Bottom