• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The trendiest Halloween candy in each U.S. state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Wax lips? LOL wtf are those?

Flavored wax + other things shaped in the form of some kinda comedic lips. Has a small part you put in your mouth so you can "wear" them.

You pretty much treat it like chewing gum though.

I *love* them, not sure why everyone is shitting on them.

The chocolate ones were kinda good. Necco Wafers are my candy corn, every year I get nostalgic for them, and every year they still suck.

I get a little nostalgic for Necco candy from time to time. When I was a kid, I hated the stuff though. Mary Janes, Long Boys, Wafers and Mint Julep chews, I hated houses that gave that stuff out.

You're giving candy to children, not elderly people for god's sake!

I assume by apples, they mean candy apples? Ohio knows what is up if so.

They're nature's candy

parks-natures-candy.gif

QP3

*looks at VT, finds raisin in the key*

This wasn't Halloween, Vermonters are just trying to make trail mix!

damn it VT, raisins?...raisins!?"

Rich!

so earlier I went to Makro to buy a crate of shit to give to kids tonight at halloween

do you know what we gave them?

we had 200 of them

dime bars for all

fuck the rename

Mr. Doop

And not even the flavored kind, eight. Just some regular ol' bullshit logs.

Fuck PG county trick or treating. Montgomery is where its at; only ever got to do it once tho.

The flavored tootsie rolls are legitimately really good, which is weird because the chocolate ones are terrible.

Xe4

Banned
Born and raised in NM. Did get a few pencils when trick or treating as a kid. But like 1-2 the entire night, and they came with candy, so...

Candy/caramel apples in Ohio?

Hmm, yea now that I think about it that shit is fucking everywhere here. I'm so-so on them. But I've never seen anyone giving them out as treats on Halloween.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've lived in Ohio for almost 40 years. Been trick or treating myself as a kid and 10 or 11 years with my kids and have never once gotten an apple. Candy or otherwise.

This list is bullshit.

Dad

I've lived in Ohio for almost 40 years. Been trick or treating myself as a kid and 10 or 11 years with my kids and have never once gotten an apple. Candy or otherwise.

This list is bullshit.

They used Google trends to see which types of candies were trending most, not necessarily which ones were handed out to trick-or-treaters the most. In which case I'd believe it, since caramel apples are everywhere right around now.

KissVibes

Banned
The flavored tootsie rolls are legitimately really good, which is weird because the chocolate ones are terrible.

Fucking right.

You used to be able to buy a 5lb bag of JUST the cherry tootsie rolls at the local supermarket chain, Giant Food. My next door neighbor and I would get a bag each and finish them off before the end of Halloween.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Guys they're not talking about apples and oranges in terms of unadulterated pieces of fruit for Ohio and Washington. Ohio is candied applies:

eb16Pjm.jpg

And orange slice jelly candies for Washington:

pFyKFWX.jpg

Both are good.

All those kids that complain about the shitty candy they got for halloween. Kids in New Mexico are like "At least you got candy. I got a fucking pencil."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom