• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Venture Bros. I Radiant Is The Blood Of The Baboon Heart I The story ends here...

YCoCg

After nearly 20 years, multiple seasons, multiple specials and multiple long ass breaks, The Venture Bros. has finally come to an end, after being cancelled in 2020 it was given the green light to do a one off movie to wrap up the remaining story. That movie is now out to buy on streaming with a Blu-ray release coming later, this is The Venture Bros.: Radiant Is The Blood Of The Baboon Heart!

MV5BNWVhODJlNWYtNzllZS00ODQ5LWFhMWMtNDdlMDVkNWI3MmY2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMzOTQyOTk1._V1_.jpg

Anyone else watched this yet? Just finished it myself last night and it's a satisfying ending, certainly answers some long standing questions, surprisingly not as grand as some of the specials though but it was enjoyable to watch and had a lot of good jokes.

I have up to season 5 on disc. I gotta see if Blu-ray’s for the remaining seasons are reasonably priced sometimes. I think it’s on Hulu as well, but a show like this I like to own.

kondorBonk

Fantastic overall and I would love to see another movie or season. This does seem to wrap up some of the major mysteries of the series though.

You can tell this is more of a condensed season of ideas. The largest fault would be trying to fit as many of the characters into the narrative at once which with the Venture Bros is astronomical.

Labolas

This was good but it wasn't peak Venture Bros. I was kinda surprised Brock played a minor role in this. He felt like a supporting character in this. And yeah this definitely feels like a season trimmed down to a movie. The Monarch remains one of the best parts about Venture Bros. I will say though it was good to see return of the series. And they left it open ended enough to do a spinoff or just continue with the series. But as a finale, it was a good one with enough major questions answered. Hard to believe it's been 20 years since the pilot episode.

7.5/10

Blade2.0

It was awesome, but it just made me want more.
There are still two main things left unexplained. Who is that scary teddy bear dude and why did he help Hank last season? And why did Dr. Venture go back in time during the last season?

Otherwise it was a great sendoff that wrapped a lot of questions....but yea, I still want more :messenger_grinning_smiling::messenger_grinning_sweat:

Top Bottom