• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Dahbomb

Can we get the Death March achievement for beating the game on NG+? I played on DM for 90% of the original run but didn't get the achievement for it because it wasn't DM. Was wondering if it would count for NG+.

Flame_AC

Can we get the Death March achievement for beating the game on NG+? I played on DM for 90% of the original run but didn't get the achievement for it because it wasn't DM. Was wondering if it would count for NG+.

I'm wondering this too, anyone know for sure?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Has anyone been able to pre-load Blood and Wine?

I have the expansion pass on Xbox, but when I go to pre-load it asks me to purchase the expansion again.

TheKeyPit

Banned

I have the expansion pass on Xbox, but when I go to pre-load it asks me to purchase the expansion again.

The expansion should show up under the add-on section in "manage game" after the pre-load goes live. Probably on monday. Hopefully.

Manus

Man replaying this again to get ready for Blood and Wine and I just get so lost in this game. Like I spent a good five minutes looking from this tower.

CIY96bK.jpg

Red Hood

Banned
Is there a way to toggle the hud in-game? I know you can do it through the menu settings, but I'd love to quickly toggle it during gameplay. Better yet if it automatically enables hud when in combat and then disappears when there are no threats. I don't recall a mod like that being available on the Nexus.

edit: It seems this Friendly Hud mod is what I was looking for. I'll have a quick look.

Coreda

Is there a way to toggle the hud in-game? I know you can do it through the menu settings, but I'd love to quickly toggle it during gameplay.

Since you're on PC it's the Home key that toggles the HUD (added a few patches back). For contextual HUD display though you've picked the right mod.

Actually, I may add it to the FAQ. Does anyone know if the Xbox/PS4 controller has a toggle HUD option?

Red Hood

Banned
Since you're on PC it's the Home key that toggles the HUD (added a few patches back). For contextual HUD display though you've picked the right mod.

Actually, I may add it to the FAQ. Does anyone know if the Xbox/PS4 controller has a toggle HUD option?

What a coincidence, I downloaded the mod and suddenly I saw a hud-toggle in the control settings. I thought it was because of the mod, didn't know it was done through a recent patch? Amazing, though I suppose that means I'm deleting the mod now.

Might look into it in the future again. It does sound interesting but for the time being I was only looking for a simple toggle.

TheKeyPit

Banned
What a coincidence, I downloaded the mod and suddenly I saw a hud-toggle in the control settings. I thought it was because of the mod, didn't know it was done through a recent patch? Amazing, though I suppose that means I'm deleting the mod now.

Might look into it in the future again. It does sound interesting but for the time being I was only looking for a simple toggle.

If PC has it, consoles should have it, too :O I'm searching for it right now!

Edit: Nothing there on v1.12

The pre-load is live on Xbox right now though :/

Well, looks like they screwed up here. Blood and Wine is currently not included in the expansion pass bundle.

Yeah, this was the exact same problem I had with Hearts of Stone. I couldn't download that add-on until the afternoon of the day it was released. Seems it will be the case again with Blood and Wine. Absolutely ridiculous quite frankly.

Auctopus

Right, fully Mastercrafted Cat Gear and 2500 gold. Upgraded Moon Dust and Superior Vampire Oil but have yet to get the elusive White Gull for Superior Swallow.

Coreda

Is the Witcher 3 GOG Galaxy in-game overlay able to be activated? It's enabled in the settings, and for whatever reason needed to be installed as a form of DLC, yet pressing Shift+Tab (as I've read is the hotkey) doesn't do anything.

c0L6dIZ.png

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Yeah, this was the exact same problem I had with Hearts of Stone. I couldn't download that add-on until the afternoon of the day it was released. Seems it will be the case again with Blood and Wine. Absolutely ridiculous quite frankly.

What the fuck. At least I'm not the only one with the problem.

It started downloading automatically. Try to trigger it manually from PSN store.
If you bought the expansion pass on the US PSN, you can preload Blood and Wine.

If you bought the expansion pass on the EU PSN, then there's no preload for Blood and Wine.

If you bought Blood and Wine individually on either PSN, you can preload it.

I'm interested to know whether most of you play wit subtitles on or off. I am quite far through the game and I have personally had them on the entire time just in case I miss something audible I can read it.

I do feel though that I'm not focusing as much on the characters expressions and facial animation or what is happening on screen.

Subtitles on or off?

Oynox

I'm interested to know whether most of you play wit subtitles on or off. I am quite far through the game and I have personally had them on the entire time just in case I miss something audible I can read it.

I do feel though that I'm not focusing as much on the characters expressions and facial animation or what is happening on screen.

Subtitles on or off?

I think that is applicable for every game. I tend to always use subtitles since missing an important clue of audible is worse than missing a facial expression for me.

Subtitles on or off?

It sucks that certain things don't show up with subtitles off (Nilfgaard soldiers commenting), but I find that I need to turn them off my first time playing content so I pay attention to what is going on, rather than my eyes being pulled down to read what's on screen.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'm using subtitles for every game/movie/tv series that is not in my native(german) language. So about 95% of the time + I never have problems with subtitles; I read them very fast and can concentrate on the action and subtitles at the same time pretty good.

Adry9

Subtitles on or off?

I tried turning them off but the audio is not great in some scenes. You may find yourself with really high and clear voices that you can hear perfectly well and in the next cutscene they are either too quiet or Geralt sounds like it's 8AM and he just woke up.

CloudWolf

I tried turning them off but the audio is not great in some scenes. You may find yourself with really high and clear voices that you can hear perfectly well and in the next cutscene they are either too quiet or Geralt sounds like it's 8AM and he just woke up.

Yep, occasionally the music is also overpowering the dialogue. Not as bad as in The Witcher 2 though, that one's almost impossible to play without subtitles.

What are some good PC mods? Looking around the witcher nexus and seeing some cool stuff but don't know how compatible it is with 1.2 and B&W.

Its taken me a while but really liking this game.

I don't think it's up on any platform is it? They mistakenly put it up early on Xbox but then quickly took it down again.
Ah then. I thought it was rolling out on Xbox and we were now waiting on ps4. I guess it's not meant to come until the actual expansion is out, but hopefully it comes out at some point tomorrow (probably in the morning) so I can download it and be ready for the game at 6 pm.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Ah then. I thought it was rolling out on Xbox and we were now waiting on ps4. I guess it's not meant to come until the actual expansion is out, but hopefully it comes out at some point tomorrow (probably in the morning) so I can download it and be ready for the game at 6 pm.

Cool strategy CD PROJEKT RED. Release a "I don't know how many GB"-patch along with the 10GB+ Expansion AFTER the weekend. No, that's not how to do it. That's a couple of bad points here for the developer of the year.

Cool strategy CD PROJEKT RED. Release a "I don't know how many GB"-patch along with the 10GB+ Expansion AFTER the weekend. No, that's not how to do it. That's a couple of bad points here for the developer of the year.

The pre-load on PS4 isn't on them, most games on PS4 don't release pre-load until the weekend before which is what they did.

As to the patch, if it hasn't released on PC yet either (which I thought I heard it already has) that's on them. But if it did release on PC it means they sent it to Sony and MS, but the review process from them takes some time.

TheKeyPit

Banned
The pre-load on PS4 isn't on them, most games on PS4 don't release pre-load until the weekend before which is what they did.

As to the patch, if it hasn't released on PC yet either (which I thought I heard it already has) that's on them. But if it did release on PC it means they sent it to Sony and MS, but the review process from them takes some time.

Pre-load on Xbox is possible for non-expansion-pass owners, I read. That's some bullshit right there. The patch already released on Xbox for a brief period of time and they pulled it. Why? WTH. :D

Dineren

Banned
If I kill the vendors that sold a certain formula I need, is the only way to get it from a chest randomly? I've been looking for the vampire oil formula and apparently the two that sold it are dead. I've been randomly opening chests, but it seems like there is a pretty small chance I'll end up getting it that way.

Hopefully there will be a vendor in B&W that sells it if this is the only way.

Pre-load on Xbox is possible for non-expansion-pass owners, I read. That's some bullshit right there. The patch already released on Xbox for a brief period of time and they pulled it. Why? WTH. :D

seems like it was released on xbox prior to whatever review process they had to do or the agreed upon time from execs, so it was pulled I guess.

Top Bottom