• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

MadYarpen

Hey, who gives the best prices on everything. I'm looking to sell off most everything I don't need so I can make the Witcher armor upgrades.

I looked online and the bottle guy in Novigrad doesn't give full price anymore, so I'm hoping there is someone else in the game that can do that. Any of the regions + B/W, just point me in the right direction.

first thing is to sell swords to a blacksmith and armors to a guy who makes them.

... And so the Witcher ends for me as well.
When nobody cared about The Witcher in the early 2000s, when it was but a mere indie title that got no mention beyond the "Reasons why it's worth being a PC gamer in 2006" amist all the "PC gaming is dying" nonsense, I remember the first game didn't do it for.
Then the sequel came out unexpected, and it ended up being one of my favorite games, for its great story, great antagonist and plot I didn't know where went.
I completed Witcher 3 last year when it came out, and I loved it, though the ending soured for me. I got the bad ending. The depressing ending. The short ending which have less exposition than the others.

So when the expansions came out I woved to do another playthrough the entire game. I would do things differently. I would exhaust side quests, I would get the Witcher Mastercrafted gear, I would handle the major plotlines differently, and I would get a better ending.
And so for the past 3-4 weeks, and now 156 hours later, Witcher 3 has completely consumed my life, being a much better experience than it initially was.
I couldn't have asked for a better ending to Heart of Stones and Blood and Wine. My ending was fanservice to the brill, but that's the way I wanted it.

The last screenshot taken in my courtyard with Yen, wearing Grandmaster Manticore armor, it was time to say goodbye to this game, this franchise and this character. It feels like finishing a really good book, leaving a hollow feeling inside, but ultimately one good feeling. Everything good must come to an end. It's been such a fun ride following CD Projekt Red through everything since they did the polish translation to Neverwinter Nights. They've upset the balance of Western RPGs.
Even in the face of Witchers so-so mediocre combat system, questionable controls and so on. It's a classic, and one I will remember.
How long will we have to wait before we will get another deeply story driven game with this quality of cinematics, choice, voice acting, facial animation and writing? And this breathe and value. What a labor of love it was. What a challenge it was to exhaust every contract, every side quest, every treasure hunt. The Witcher ends up being one of those games that it becomes impossible not to use as a measuring stick in the future to hold up against other games.

Eusis

The original game caught my eye initially just because of Penny-Arcade's Witch/Witcher/Witchest comics (which are funny in hindsight [and likely obnoxious to foreign readers] in being wrong about their reproductive state) and it just seemed to always be some RPG brought up that was far, far off in the distance. Once it hit though and I saw the reception I decided I wanted to get the Enhanced Edition.

Never did finish it, or the second game for that matter, but they're definitely some of the better examples of WRPGs in the last decade.

Matush

So I finally was able to finish pretty much all quests I could find along with both of the DLCs and oh boy, what a ride. TW3 was my first Witcher game I have every played and I pretty much loved every second of it. Writing, characters, locations and quests are unrivaled in my opinion in today RPG genre. I mean I can remember more than 20 quests from the game and I cannot even remember what Fallout 4 or DAI was about. Simply amazing experience which is definetly in my Top 10 ever.

My final time was around 180 hrs.

Call me crazy but I'd love a game that's just a series of several areas similar in scale to White Orchard. It's like a mini-version of an open world that still allows for exploration but condensed enough to not be completely unfocused and feel like I'll need to ride a horse 10 minutes across the world for every sidequest. This isn't just a Witcher thing though, always liked the expansion areas in the recent Fallout games better for this reason too.

Quotient

Call me crazy but I'd love a game that's just a series of several areas similar in scale to White Orchard. It's like a mini-version of an open world that still allows for exploration but condensed enough to not be completely unfocused and feel like I'll need to ride a horse 10 minutes across the world for every sidequest. This isn't just a Witcher thing though, always liked the expansion areas in the recent Fallout games better for this reason too.

I completely agree. I liked the way Witcher 2 was designed, a series of open towns that were surprisingly quite large, though not as large as white orchard, with intense detail - the forest in flotsam comes to mind. It is so detailed and alive.

illusionary

Aside from one final undiscovered location in Toussaint, I think, sadly, that I've finally reached the end of my time with The Witcher III, having done every quest that across the main game and both expansions(and, as I'm playing on PS4, having unlocked every trophy of course). I ended up at level 53, with a primarily fast attacks+Quen+Igni build. Whilst it's great to see that "GotY edition" (a title that's wholly justified) is in the works for those who've not yet played it, I'm actually glad to have had the expansions each come after a break from the game for a while. All in all, the game's been fantastic - I don't think I've come across a more compelling written and well-designed RPG in a very long time, and it'll probably be similarly long until there's another.

There's a little more that I could have explored with the mutations tree, so maybe I'll do a NG+ run one of these days. That, or just clear a final few of those sea-bound question marks in Skellige!

Kazuhira

So,anyone else think that the huntsman skill is too op? The skill description is all wrong,it says that it doubles the effect of monsters trophies but it increases the effect of consumables,1 water lasts like 30 min,it's like playing as ciri tbh.
Also,add the arch-griffin decoction and you're unstoppable no matter your level.
I've killed a leshen and 5 wolves(lvl 21) with level 9.

Aurongel

Beat the main story after 80 hours on the third highest difficulty setting and loved every inch of it. Started playing through the first DLC and just got absolutely decimated by
Froggie
. When the battle started, he opened with a tongue attack that literally took off 70% of my HP before the black fade animation had completed. Figured it was one of those "lose this fight" battles but noooope.

Bashed my head against this cunt for an hour before dropping the difficulty level to Easy and still could barely touch him. So many weird hitboxes and AoE attacks. Super frustrating.

Got through it on the easiest difficulty then got to
the fight right after
and got similarly decimated.

Think I'm done with the Witcher you guys. Applying Dark Souls git gud logic to a game with crazy hitboxes like this ain't my cup of tea. This is my biggest disappointment of the year so far.

Beat the main story after 80 hours on the third highest difficulty setting and loved every inch of it. Started playing through the first DLC and just got absolutely decimated by
Froggie
. When the battle started, he opened with a tongue attack that literally took off 70% of my HP before the black fade animation had completed. Figured it was one of those "lose this fight" battles but noooope.

Bashed my head against this cunt for an hour before dropping the difficulty level to Easy and still could barely touch him. So many weird hitboxes and AoE attacks. Super frustrating.

Got through it on the easiest difficulty then got to
the fight right after
and got similarly decimated.

Think I'm done with the Witcher you guys. Applying Dark Souls git gud logic to a game with crazy hitboxes like this ain't my cup of tea. This is my biggest disappointment of the year so far.
I'm curious: what level is your Geralt, what equipment is he wearing, and what spec is he? Because I also played on Blood & Broken Bones and don't recall it dealing anywhere near that amount of damage. I was using the Default "DLC only" Geralt though, melee-spec.

That said, one of the bosses I've fought in Toussaint is a whole 'nother league of crazy. If my Geralt didn't have so many magic and potion-related tricks up his sleeve, I don't think I would've beaten him. This is with my main Geralt that completed the campaign, full Bear gear, magic & potion focused with a touch of melee; a Red Mage, if you will.

Beat the main story after 80 hours on the third highest difficulty setting and loved every inch of it.
Think I'm done with the Witcher you guys.
This is my biggest disappointment of the year so far.
Hahaha :)

In all seriousness, those two fights are indeed very difficult though. It doesn't help that they're both towards the start of the DLC; if you had a break from the Witcher after beating Wild Hunt then you can be pretty rusty when you start playing the DLC and that exacerbates the problem. Having said all of that, I'm generally pretty bad at these sort of games and got through those two with only a couple of deaths. Maybe try some different approaches if whatever approach you're taking isn't working.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Question:

I wanted to mess around with the beehive glitch, but I know it has been patched. So what I did was delete all my game data and start a new game to mess around in it, but it wasn't working.

Does the beehive glitch not work on version 1.00 of The Witcher 3? What happened was, the blacksmith just died, but never respawned. I know in the patched versions you simply can't kill him at all.

Does anyone know for absolute certainty either way if it works on 1.00? Maybe I did something wrong.

Thanks

Garibaldi

Theoretically what's the max level I should be starting NG+? I'm coming up to what I'm assuming is the halfway point of the B&W mainline. Current Progress:
I've just completed the wight saliva quest for Regis
. I'm currently lvl 46 and thinking of shelving a save once I polish off the grandmaster treasure hunts as my NG+ save.

I'm planning to play Death March difficulty btw.

zer0das

Banned
Theoretically what's the max level I should be starting NG+? I'm coming up to what I'm assuming is the halfway point of the B&W mainline. Current Progress:
I've just completed the wight saliva quest for Regis
. I'm currently lvl 46 and thinking of shelving a save once I polish off the grandmaster treasure hunts as my NG+ save.

I'm planning to play Death March difficulty btw.

It won't really matter what level you are, you just won't get much experience until the quests catch up with your level. I think quests start around level 38, so you're already past that point at any rate.

Garibaldi

It won't really matter what level you are, you just won't get much experience until the quests catch up with your level. I think quests start around level 38, so you're already past that point at any rate.

Gotcha. I just didn't want it to be a slog through easy mode until the mobs/quests level up to me. 46 isn't much higher so I might just shelve the save like I plan and see how it plays out. I can always fire up a new game+ on a fully complete run through later if I fancy it.

Sai

On what do i need to spend my ability points? Have 3 to spend but i dont have any idea whats best to choose?
Depends on both what kind of abilities you've already invested in, what armor/weapon set you're using, and what kind of style of combat you prefer. Light attacks? Heavy attacks? Signs? Potion buffs? A mix of all the above?

Can you take screenshots of your current build?

Theorry

Depends on both what kind of abilities you've already invested in, what armor/weapon set you're using, and what kind of style of combat you prefer. Light attacks? Heavy attacks? Signs? Potion buffs? A mix of all the above?

Can you take screenshots of your current build?

Not much really. Just started with the game. Invested in Survival Instinct,, Muscle Memory and Delusion. More because i thought they looked good. Prefer combat with light attacks and signs. Play on the second difficulty btw. :)

Sai

So, do you find yourself using fast attacks more often? If so, continue to invest in abilities in the fast attack row; Precise Blows, Whirl. Start investing in Fleet Footed on the defense row as soon as you're able. Depending on what equipment you settle on later on in the game, you may be interested dropping quite a few points in the Adrenaline row as well.

Do you favor any signs? Far-Reaching Aard and Aard Sweep are always good for crowd control, especially against packs dogs/wolves. Active Shield can be beneficial not only for defense, but gaining vitality if you find yourself low on health replenishment items during battle. It was nerfed in an update a long while back, but Igni can still really wear down on your adversaries with the right buffs; I've always got Firestream equipped for human opponents with heavy armor 'n shields.

Theorry

Yeah i prefer fast attacks overall. I must say i prefer sword play more then the signs. But when i use it i most of the time use Quen. Would love to make a sword master build. But would that work on the second difficulty or do i run on some problems later?

Sai

No... Honestly, the game becomes kind of a cakewalk regardless of which difficulty you choose, the difficulty only determines how long you have to wait until it gets to that point. In fact, if you're still in White Orchard, I'd even suggest you start a new game and bump it up to Death March and enjoy the challenge while you can. Once you start building up your abilities and getting the more powerful Witcher gear, you may eventually start finding the combat too easy.

But if you want to stick mostly with sword combat, I'd suggest you invest in your strong attack(Strength Training, Crushing Blows, Rend) and adrenaline(Razor Focus) rows as well. If you use Quen a lot, Active Shield, as I mentioned before, is a good way to replenish your health, but you can also try out Exploding Shield or Quen Discharge to stun and deal some extra damage to enemies if you ever find yourself overwhelmed by groups of them.

Theorry

No... Honestly, the game becomes kind of a cakewalk regardless of which difficulty you choose, the difficulty only determines how long you have to wait until it gets to that point. In fact, if you're still in White Orchard, I'd even suggest you start a new game and bump it up to Death March and enjoy the challenge while you can. Once you start building up your abilities and getting the more powerful Witcher gear, you may eventually start finding the combat too easy.

But if you want to stick mostly with sword combat, I'd suggest you invest in your strong attack(Strength Training, Crushing Blows, Rend) and adrenaline(Razor Focus) rows as well. If you use Quen a lot, Active Shield, as I mentioned before, is a good way to replenish your health, but you can also try out Exploding Shield or Quen Discharge to stun and deal some extra damage to enemies if you ever find yourself overwhelmed by groups of them.

Thanks.:)

Wagram

Has anyone gotten their Blood and Wine Gwent decks via JINX yet? Mine still says TBD, but I swear the Hearts and Stone decks shipped out much faster.

This is for people who bought the expansion digitally and then paid for the cards separately through the store.

EDIT: and never mind. I figured out the answer. They actually start shipping this week.

Has anyone gotten their Blood and Wine Gwent decks via JINX yet? Mine still says TBD, but I swear the Hearts and Stone decks shipped out much faster.

This is for people who bought the expansion digitally and then paid for the cards separately through the store.

EDIT: and never mind. I figured out the answer. They actually start shipping this week.

They will start shipping out very soon..

Thank you for your email. I checked the status of your order and everything is fine. The cards have not shipped yet since we are waiting for the to arrive at our facility from the manufacturer. We have not started to ship out any of the cards yet. We are currently expecting the cards to arrive within the next couple weeks, so they will be on the way soon. At the latest, we should start shipping the cards by the week of July 11th. We will provide tracking information as soon as the order has been shipped. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

I would kill for a mod/filter that makes W3 a cell shaded game. Similar to the cell-shading filter from Uncharted 4.

Kazuhira

Alghouls are a fucking pain in the ass,axii is useless.
Nothing works on them so far,maybe my level is too low and i can't stun/control them.

Just picked this up from the xbox sale. Is there a setting to slow Geralt the fuck down when I press forward on the left stick? I'm used to pressing all the way to walk or walk briskly, but this dude starts running the 40 when I press forward.

Sai

Just picked this up from the xbox sale. Is there a setting to slow Geralt the fuck down when I press forward on the left stick? I'm used to pressing all the way to walk or walk briskly, but this dude starts running the 40 when I press forward.
Are you using the default, or alternative movement? You probably would have liked the default movement before they changed it up with the patch that offered the alternative movement.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

mine still says TBD. i ordered both hos/b&w sets. probably see some movement tomorrow or friday.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Are you using the default, or alternative movement? You probably would have liked the default movement before they changed it up with the patch that offered the alternative movement.

Late to this, but I'm using default movement. I looked in the settings for walk speed or something, but I didn't see alternative movement. Does that change walk speed?

Top Bottom