• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Diancecht

Been playing the game for over 400 hours and I just found out something new:

If you play the Heart of Stone before finishing the main story,
And get the mark from Gaunter O'Dimm, you can talk with Yen, Triss and Ciri about it and ask them to remove it.

Holy shit the amount of detail in this game.

Theorry

There are only 3 armor sets in the game that you can upgrade right? From those scavenger hunts?
Think i am going to the Feline quest. Or isnt that good armor?

Diancecht

There are only 3 armor sets in the game that you can upgrade right? From those scavenger hunts?
Think i am going to the Feline quest. Or isnt that good armor?

Griffin, Feline, Ursine and Wolf. Each has it's own style. Griffin for sign based build, Feline for agilty based build, Ursine for heavy build and Wolf for balanced build. But to be honest it really doesn't matter which playstyle you prefer, these are all strong armors. Just choose one that looks cool.

Theorry

Griffin, Feline, Ursine and Wolf. Each has it's own style. Griffin for sign based build, Feline for agilty based build, Ursine for heavy build and Wolf for balanced build. But to be honest it really doesn't matter which playstyle you prefer, these are all strong armors. Just choose one that looks cool.

Ah oke got it. Btw do i need to upgrade right away when i hit the next level for a upgrade? Or doesnt it really matter and can i do it a couple of levels later.

To bad btw that the Nilfgaurdian armor is only for level 10 and 35 i believe. Love that amor.

Diancecht

Ah oke got it. Btw do i need to upgrade right away when i hit the next level for a upgrade? Or doesnt it really matter and can i do it a couple of levels later.

To bad btw that the Nilfgaurdian armor is only for level 10 and 35 i believe. Love that amor.

You don't have to. Especially if you are not playing on Death March difficulty, game is pretty easy as is but the upgradeble Witcher armors look pretty dope if you upgrade them.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

The Feline is clearly best for those who want to put most of their skill points into attack powers. Combined with all the Feline armor bonuses, you can create the most devastatingly powerful build. Although, I hate the Feline armor appearance though. Hate it.

Although in no build should Alchemy be ignored. The Synergy mutation alone is worth it for any build.

Diancecht

The Feline is clearly best for those who want to put most of their skill points into attack powers. Combined with all the Feline armor bonuses, you can create the most devastatingly powerful build. Although, I hate the Feline armor appearance though. Hate it.

Although in no build should Alchemy be ignored. The Synergy mutation alone is worth it for any build.

Oh I love upgraded Feline armor. Especially with the glasses that you get from HoS. Geralt looks like a utter douchebag haha.

Philtastic

I had taken a break from Witcher 3 until I got a GTX 1070 that could do the game justice. I've started it back up now to do the expansions (and to get the last 2 damn Gwent cards that I'm missing in Velen!). I'm also using ShadowPlay for the first time, and man, it's so much easier to use and less finicky than AMD's GVR! I'm not sure how many of you actually enjoy my videos but here's 2 that I recorded today while basking in this game's graphical glory. Minor end game spoilers from the quest log on the right so don't watch if you care about text character reveals.

The Cursed Chapel, a mini-quest started from a hidden treasure point that involves fighting a couple of wraiths:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vje9Z9WBjMU

Fighting some level 33 Fallen Knights at level 35 hanging around a bandit camp. You'll note how little they get to parry my attacks. I do make one big mistake that almost gets me killed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVAPY9k7WTc

Jonm1010

Banned
So ah, any help with a bug from Hearts of Stone????

Quest is called Without a Trace:

Basically I found the "innocent couples" hidden lair where they caged and killed the dwarf. Told them I would kill them but they are bugged with infinite health. Now I can't complete the quest.

Anyone else had this happen? Anything I can do??

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Just getting into the game and man, there's a lot of stuff to keep track of..

Anyway, I'm already feeling morally challenged here. I'm at the quest Twisted Firestarter, and I don't know what I should do.
The guy seems like a piece of shit, but at the same time – the punishment is damn harsh.

MadYarpen

Just getting into the game and man, there's a lot of stuff to keep track of..

Anyway, I'm already feeling morally challenged here. I'm at the quest Twisted Firestarter, and I don't know what I should do.
The guy seems like a piece of shit, but at the same time – the punishment is damn harsh.

Haha welcome to the witcher.

I'm interested in reading the books. Aside from the cover, is there any difference between the one with the videogame Geralt, and the one that seems to be from the TV series Geralt?

I'm interested in reading the books. Aside from the cover, is there any difference between the one with the videogame Geralt, and the one that seems to be from the TV series Geralt?
I never even saw a version with the TV series one on the cover. No, no difference. The covers probably all piss off the author equally.

Gwent decks have started shipping, received my shipping confirmation today :)

Yep, I got my email last night.

It actually arrived this morning (much to my surprise). Looks like Jinx might've expedited the shipping beyond what you paid for -- I know that I certainly didn't pay for overnight (not that I'm complaining!).

I'm just glad that they're finally here, even if they're pretty late.

danthefan

I just got myself the game, Anything important i should know? :eek:
Im moving past wild orchard now i think,

Emmmmmm.

Can't think of anything that's really vital tbh. There's a lot of great writing in some of the side quests so don't just mainline the story. You also don't need to follow every marker on the map.

If you don't enjoy Gwent then just don't play, you won't miss anything.

Normal is a little easy once you get to grips with the combat so would recommend one difficulty level up.

The expansions are brilliant so would highly recommend if you don't have them yet. DLC done right.

It's a wonderful game so just enjoy!

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know where to get the diagrams for the following -

- Superior Cursed Oil
- Superior Draconid Oil
- Superior Relict Oil
- Superior Specter Oil
- Superior Northern Wind Bomb

After checking a few videos and not getting the diagram despite the videos showing them, I read that these are actually random.

If that's true, can I buy the above from anyone? Already went to Gremist in the main base game. Can these be purchased in either of the expansions and if so, where and by who?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sai

Anyone know where to get the diagrams for the following -

- Superior Cursed Oil
- Superior Draconid Oil
- Superior Relict Oil
- Superior Specter Oil
- Superior Northern Wind Bomb

After checking a few videos and not getting the diagram despite the videos showing them, I read that these are actually random.

If that's true, can I buy the above from anyone? Already went to Gremist in the main base game. Can these be purchased in either of the expansions and if so, where and by who?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Unless you have the Blood & Wine expansion, you'll have to hope you find them in some random loot, assuming you've checked all available herbalists 'n such.

Don't think there's a single person here that has completed their collection of Superior Oils, Potions, 'n Bombs in a single run through the game. Even I was lacking the Superior Draconid and Vampire Oils before they were made available from a specific merchant in Blood & Wine.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Unless you have the Blood & Wine expansion, you'll have to hope you find them in some random loot, assuming you've checked all available herbalists 'n such.

Don't think there's a single person here that has completed their collection of Superior Oils, Potions, 'n Bombs in a single run through the game. Even I was lacking the Superior Draconid and Vampire Oils before they were made available from a specific merchant in Blood & Wine.

Okay...thanks for the info. I have both expansions and was hoping to have all the oils, potions and bombs going into the expansions. Thanks again.

Dineren

Banned
Did Blood & Wine add a vendor that carries the regular vampire oil diagram? All the merchants that sold it ended up dead in my game and now I've been stuck opening random chests and hoping I get lucky.

Theorry

For the Witcher gear. Do you need to do the quest in order and do you need to craft the previous version first to unlock the second Witcher set?
I am now level 24 and can i go now right away to the second set of the griffin gear for example. Or do i need to get the first one first?

I never even saw a version with the TV series one on the cover. No, no difference. The covers probably all piss off the author equally.

Basically I was deciding between these two:
MB3IJaE.jpg
SnB9AYn.jpg

No idea where to find this one, which I thought was the best cover:

For the Witcher gear. Do you need to do the quest in order and do you need to craft the previous version first to unlock the second Witcher set?
I am now level 24 and can i go now right away to the second set of the griffin gear for example. Or do i need to get the first one first?

You need the previous set in order to craft the next. So you need the regular Griffin gear before you can get enhanced.

Basically I was deciding between these two:
o idea where to find this one, which I thought was the best cover:
Ahh. Okay, so the first cover is the UK cover. Don't know if there are translation differences or not.

Second one is the newer printings of the US edition cause the series now all uses Witcher 2 concept art on them.

The "best" cover is the one I have which was the first US printing. On the one hand, definitely my favorite cover too. On the other hand the book was smaller and thicker than the new prints, so the dimensions of the book don't match the newer ones if you're stacking them up together. I assume the content is the same though.

Sai

I said the next time I start a fresh run through the game, I'd get those two mutagens in the first run, then spare them in NG+

Still haven't gotten around to it, because this game is such a timesink I'm not too eager to dive back into so soon. :p

Quotient

Are the number of potions & bombs that are replenished during mediation dependent on the number of alcohol in your inventory, i.e. will it is use 4 bottles of alcohol for 4 potions, or is it just one bottle for all your potions?

Sai

Yeah. Don't really have to wait until you're completely out, as you come across strong alcohol everywhere in this game. You'll have much more than you know what to do with.

Eusis

Interesting. So it would best to use all the potions/bombs i have before i mediate.
Early in the game, yes. Later in the game... not really, though it'd be a good idea to deplete Swallow/Petri's Philter (or anything if you get the skill to restore vitality with any potion really) if playing on the harder two difficulties. I think on the lower two you regenerate with meditation anyway in which case who cares.

Early game, yeah you definitely need to make the most out of it.

Mid game ish, I had over a hundred bottles from house raids. I would never burn through all of them so I just meditate whenever.

Hey folks, I just started my first playthrough of Witcher 3 and I was wondering, should I investigate all the question marks on the map screen or am I gonna burn myself out playing like that?

Hey folks, I just started my first playthrough of Witcher 3 and I was wondering, should I investigate all the question marks on the map screen or am I gonna burn myself out playing like that?

You'll burn out likely.

My approach was to Investigate any if you happen to be travelling in that general direction anyway. Don't worry otherwise.

MadYarpen

They are made to make your journeys more interesting. And it's best to turn them off, and pay attention to the surrounding views. ? are usually in interesting spots like ruins, hills etc.

Turn off the points of interest/question marks asap. Just follow the story and pick up quests along the way.

I have no idea why they are turned on by default. The Witcher 3 features an amazing open world and there is absolutely no need to approach it as yet another Ubisoft checklist marathon.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So i have Grandmaster gear now. What gear should be my next focus be?

Just stick to that gear honestly. It's really the best in terms of bonuses. You will find some that is stronger certainly, but as far as bonuses they're the best. Aerondight is the best sword.

The one thing they left out though is that they should have made it such that the Grandmaster gear scaled to your level.

Top Bottom