• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox Series S Is an Indestructible Console, Capable of Surviving Even a Fire

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Since its launch back in 2020, the Xbox Series S has gone under fire due to its technical limitations, which continue to be an issue for many developers. The console, however, seems to be indestructible, capable of undergoing major damage, and still work.

As shown in a new video shared by Xbox News on Twitter, the console by Microsoft is capable of surviving even a devastating fire, as it is shown working despite the heavy damage it has suffered. The Xbox Series S may be technically limited, but it is sturdy indeed.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

kevin-hart-kevin.gif

AlphaDump

Gold Member
I'm not sure it's the best idea to say your product is "very impressive" with clapping emojis when talking about someone's house burning down and it surviving.

ManaByte

Gold Member
But of course you do.
Series X and PS5 are hooked up to the main big 4K set downstairs. There’s no need to pay $200 extra for a Series X if it’s never going to be used on a 4K TV. If they make a $299 PS5 digital slim I’ll get those upstairs too. The S is great. I can be playing something downstairs on the main console and with save syncing I can play it on one of the other TVs in the house.

Still waiting on why someone wouldn’t want one in their home though.

GHG

Series X and PS5 are hooked up to the main big 4K set downstairs. There’s no need to pay $200 extra for a Series X if it’s never going to be used on a 4K TV. If they make a $299 PS5 digital slim I’ll get those upstairs too. The S is great. I can be playing something downstairs on the main console and with save syncing I can play it on one of the other TVs in the house.

music video infomercial GIF by Dr. Dog

damidu

you are aware you are already like within %0.000008 of potential userbase, right?

now imagine series s being your daily driver for the gen until 2028 and you have your answer

ManaByte

Gold Member
you are aware you are already like within %0.000008 of potential userbase, right?

now imagine series s being your daily driver for the gen until 2028 and you have your answer
The Switch isn’t even as powerful as an Xbox One and it sold more than both big consoles combined will sell. Most people don’t care. As long as it can play COD, 2K, Fiffa/Madden, Fortnite etc people buy it.

DaGwaphics

The Switch isn’t even as powerful as an Xbox One and it sold more than both big consoles combined will sell. Most people don’t care. As long as it can play COD, 2K, Fiffa/Madden, Fortnite etc people buy it.

This is why the complaints you see about it are almost always from people that never had any intention of buying it in the first place.

MS seems to really prioritize hardware build quality since the 360. Everything thing they've released since has been a tank for the most part. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Damigos

Cool thing it can withstand fire but I would still prefer it didnt exist..so many studios struggling to make games work on it wasting resources and time

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
To this day series s is a console that accomplishes many things being able to be affordable, where consoles use to be.

twilo99

Both series consoles are very well engineered/made. Still not sure how they managed that kind of build quality at such a low price point.

Three

Let’s do some stupid stunt to generate positive PR.
I don't think it's a stunt but Xbox News tweeting somebody elses tiktok and then an entire article trying to sell Series S on it is a little weird.

It's normal for most electronics to survive house fires unless the fire got really bad. They're built with fire retardant plastic and they need to be within regulation. household electronics are usually the cause of fires and their enclosure is built with flame retardant plastic to act as a barrier and contain a possible internal fire, because of this they also protect the internals from an external fire too. There isn't anything special in build quality.

Last edited:
I am just weary of its SSD drive and Expansion Drive failing eventually due to too many reads and writes. I want to know how long I have. I hope they last for a quarter of a century, but that seems improbable with how much I use them.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I am just weary of its SSD drive and Expansion Drive failing eventually due to too many reads and writes. I want to know how long I have. I hope they last for a quarter of a century, but that seems improbable with how much I use them.
Read's aren't the issue, it's writes. It's very little writes after the initial install. We should be fine for a long, long time. Should be.

I am pretty sure the system uses ~2GB on SSD to store and move around data every time an application is started. That is how quick resume is able to just throw players back into a game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom