• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is a 100€ price drop (Sale) for the disc edition PS5 in most of Europe (Up: may be coming to US/UK/GER as well)

Unknown?

MS was caught with their pants down, since the PS5 DE will probably also be discounted both SKUs are looking like a much better value than the Series.

So now to compete they’ll probably have to drops thier… when the XSX was just bumped and the 1TB XSS didn’t even launch yet
It's okay, the FTC will put any future acquisitions on the fast lane and even pay for half so that they can compete properly!.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Wouldn't be a "positive news" Gaf sales or sale thread without some spinning it into a negative. Somehow, some way.
Dance Dancing GIF by AFV Pets

Last edited:

TrebleShot

IF its 100 drop so PS5 goes from 450 - 350 the value proposition is quite insane considering most games have a 60fps mode.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Wait, there is a sale in US as well? Hmm... wouldn't mind 2nd console for kids, but might as well wait for Slim.
No point to wait if the slim is at 550 and doesn't have any hardware upgrades

What i do hate on mine is the coil whine that increases with 120fps games

StereoVsn

No point to wait if the slim is at 550 and doesn't have any hardware upgrades

What i do hate on mine is the coil whine that increases with 120fps games
I really find the disk spin up annoying. Thing sounds like jet taking off. Was hoping that would be reduced with the slim.

But yeah, at $100 off, might spring for it, or even just get DE if that runs for $350 with $50 off. If that happens. Kids will mostly play digital and older games anyways.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
I really find the disk spin up annoying. Thing sounds like jet taking off. Was hoping that would be reduced with the slim.

But yeah, at $100 off, might spring for it, or even just get DE if that runs for $350 with $50 off. If that happens. Kids will mostly play digital and older games anyways.
The disc doesn't spin all the time but it is annoying
Sadly it's like that with all console
I think the most silent for me was the ps3 slim

StereoVsn

XSX is a lot quieter overall and it doesn't do that stupid disk check every 20 min or what not. PS5 tries to spin up a disk even if you are playing a diff games or streaming content sometimes.

Go_Ly_Dow

In Sweden it's around 7000 SEK, which is about 600€. That's a lot more than I bought mine for at launch (6000 SEK). So no sale here I guess.

Fucking Nordisk Film.
That's a joke. Regional price discrepancies like this has always bothered me.

The US always seems to get a bargain with most tech goods, phones, laptops, TVs, consoles. Europe then gets shafted.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
XSX is a lot quieter overall and it doesn't do that stupid disk check every 20 min or what not. PS5 tries to spin up a disk even if you are playing a diff games or streaming content sometimes.

Holy shit Stereo, bought Nier Replicant the other day (my 1st game disc this gen) and the noise from the drive was driving me insane, didn't know that the PS5 does a disc check every 20mins, that's why I kept hearing it then even when playing digital games.

It's friggin maddening really.

Welp, the next game I was going to get physical was Armored core 6 - digital it is then...

StereoVsn

Holy shit Stereo, bought Nier Replicant the other day (my 1st game disc this gen) and the noise from the drive was driving me insane, didn't know that the PS5 does a disc check every 20mins, that's why I kept hearing it then even when playing digital games.

It's friggin maddening really.

Welp, the next game I was going to get physical was Armored core 6 - digital it is then...
I mean if I turn the sound up it's not as audible 😅, but I am really hoping that Slim or Pro do away with that. Not sure why Sony has it that loud or if there is a "disk drive lottery" as some people report things being quiet.

Nonehxc

Mine is quiet as all fucks...except with The Callisto Protocol. Those disc were of poor quality and I guess the spinning made the disc bend and vibrate...I thought it would break inside...

Butbutbut...

My Xbox Series X is dead silent, because...

Game PasShhh 🤫🤫🤫

Quietest deal in Gaming 🤫🤫🤫🤫

Top Bottom