• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is a lot of OLD MAN YELLING AT CLOUD vibe here

Mossybrew

What's with some of you guys. "Games arent made for US anymore" (for starters who is this nebulous "us" you are including me in) and OMG WOKE reactionary claims at the slightest provocation, most recent evidence the reaction to the new Saints Row. This ingrained idea that nothing should ever change and evolve, but but but these are not the purple clad gangsters that I grew up with! Its Boomer as fuck. You'd think a vidjagame forum would be more open to novelty, something different, progression, but so much reaction is "IN MY DAY THINGS WERE BETTER", you sickly housebound nerds are old before your time.

I'm with skinner..
nug3T72.jpg

I find several games I like every year. There’s so many, in fact, that I haven’t even gotten around to the ones I found interesting from years ago.

If you don’t believe modern gaming is for you, just stop playing new games. Maybe you’ve grown out of it. Maybe you’re just not looking hard enough for games that interest you. Maybe you just like bitching about young people and their colorful games. It doesn’t really matter. If you feel that way, I think you’d be happier just sticking to the older stuff. I’m sure I’ll get to that point eventually too.

supernova8

Banned
What's with some of you guys. "Games arent made for US anymore" (for starters who is this nebulous "us" you are including me in) and OMG WOKE reactionary claims at the slightest provocation, most recent evidence the reaction to the new Saints Row. This ingrained idea that nothing should ever change and evolve, but but but these are not the purple clad gangsters that I grew up with! Its Boomer as fuck. You'd think a vidjagame forum would be more open to novelty, something different, progression, but so much reaction is "IN MY DAY THINGS WERE BETTER", you sickly housebound nerds are old before your time.

Why didn't you just reply in that thread instead of making a new one. Do you crave attention that much?

Nickolaidas

I'm forty years old, which means my character was molded during the 80s and 90s. As a result, things and ideas that mirror the ideology and pop culture of those days shall always appeal to me more.

Like I said in other threads, I have no problem with diversity, unless it tries to emasculate the male power fantasies I enjoyed in old and established IPs.

I have no problem with a new IP establishing that the protagonist is a female warrior who takes down robot dinos (Horizon).

I have a problem with a female sidekick replacing an established male hero in an old IP (Masters of the Universe Revelation).

TLZ

Banned
Sit Down Relax GIF by BrownSugarApp

Sit down Zoomer. We need to talk.

You can have your Zoomer games, but leave ours alone. That new Saints Row game is a far cry from what Saints Row used to be. They should've just named it something else, maybe Zoomer nation or whatever. Or keep the Saints Row name but add an extra title to it so it's a Spinoff, something like, Saints Row: Zoomera. Lol.

Tldr, Have your cake and eat it bruv. Just leave ours the f alone.

Oh Yeah Wink GIF

GeorgPrime

Banned
Why are you yelling at clouds?

TLZ

Banned
That's where you got it wrong. None of these media properties are yours and don't invest so much of yourself into them that you believe that they are.

I have the same issue with people whom complain about sequels.
Too late now.

Kagey K

Banned
Lol just wait until we see the next batch of games, these "woke games" we are seeing now started development before "woke" was a thing.

Some ppl gonna lose thier shit.

Soodanim

Gold Member
With regards to woke stuff, there are some people that are taking the approach of assuming every female/non-white addition to any game is for sociopolitical reasons as opposed to creative ones, and it’s a shame.

The most recent example I’ve seen is people thinking April being a playable character in the new Turtles game is SJW pandering when:
  1. The devs have no history of that
  2. Of the 3 possible characters she’s the most unique - good for contrast
  3. She had a solo comic run in ‘93, and was trained by Splinter
If you assume the worst intentions for everything, that’s not going to end well for your enjoyment or your perception of the world.

Shubh_C63

Nobody is selling us Mona Lisa. I don't mind the recent influx of woke and sjw contents, I simply do not watch/play them then.
They all work for money and gains no incentive by sticking to their creative guns, infact they lose huge by not bowing down.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Ok boomer

TonyK

I don't have problem with changes if those changes are for better. Problem is if those changes are shit. I don't know why, but suddenly Dead Space 3 come to my mind. Yes, it changed, and killed a good franchise for me. There are a ton of examples of changes that made a worst product. Don't accept all changes as good, that would be too naive.

sol_bad

You'd be blind if you don't see it being pushed in bigger games nowadays.

Doesn't matter to me anyways, I'm busy playing (actual good) indies and older games.

Exactly, there are so many games out there and so many options, mentioning Volcano High doesn't prove anything. There could be 40 games out there that are like Volcano High, but there are 300 other games coming out that aren't like Volcano High. Different games for different audiences.

Pejo

Gold Member
If you have to specify that you aren't one of the "us", then you never were to begin with. The OP reads like a totally out of touch opinion of why some of us hate what we've seen from Gamescon. Times change, tastes change, that I agree with. Still, if we're not even allowed to voice our opinion on an internet forum about video games, where else do we have? Should I just write it on a piece of paper then burn it in the back yard?

It's fine if you like the (in my opinion) trash that they're trying to feed us, but where were you shouting down everybody complaining about too many white bald space marine main characters a few years ago?

Also, the second you bring the word 'boomer' into the equation, I can tell that I'm talking to a child, so I guess this is just going to get some jerk off response from you. Complaining about opinions seems like one of the biggest wastes of time though.

kiphalfton

You don't want to be associated with them, and I'm sure they don't want to be associated with you.

To pretend like what's happening in gaming/music/cinema isn't an issue though is concerning. But continue to stick your head in the sand.

Last edited:

Lupingosei

Banned
You may have had a point, but by mentioning Saints Row you completely destroyed it.

After the initial shock, the developers gave a few interviews and we know now how far the insanity goes. They want to create a political correct gangster game.

At this point, the brain of every regular person should have shut down, but they are committed to this. So, they want to create a game you can shoot people, sell drugs or run over people with cars, but showing tits, offensive jokes or racial slurs, that goes too far. Again the want to create a political correct gangster game.

As gamers, no as regular human beings it is our duty to point at anybody, creating, supporting or buying this game and mock them relentlessly. This goes even beyond Marge Simpson who wanted to censor cartoons. This is so stupid you can only laugh at it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom