• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

These are some amazing 360 and PS2 console mods

Grinchy

Banned
This guy takes broken shitty old consoles, completely dissects them, cleans every part thoroughly, fixes and improves disc drives, paints, and mods. Really cool stuff and the end results are amazing.

He can even etch logos and stuff into the glass pieces. The cover of the PS2 is this black plexiglass with the logo etched into it, with LED lights underneath pushing light through them. I would have gone with white, but it's still very nice. The 360 is on another level.

ipC10Wwl.png
LXQyXYZl.png

JP0wuLn.png

Last edited:
Pretty cool. I remember seeing a few custom mods years ago for other consoles that glowed in different colors. Younger me would've liked a glowing PS2.

Umbral

He didn't put any LEDs into this awesome PS2 Slim mod that he did. I love the way he will even go to the trouble of painting heat shields and stuff.

ZoWuruF.png

I watched this one. I appreciate his attention to detail and this one isn’t too bad. More Find and Resto-mod though.

He seems to be a tech nerd, so he’s not wired for aesthetics. I won‘t hold the hideousness of his creations against him. He puts in work regardless.

Edit: It just clicked that he reminds me of that one modder guy who got popular for a bit making portable PS3’s and stuff. I would see it and think “Cool, it’s got a display attached and everything but it looks like pureed dogshit.”

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The Slim PS2 really benefitted from having different colors. I bought an acrylic white slim when they first launched in Japan. This guy’s mods to the slim are nice. I got lucky and bought a brand new NTSC slim from a seller here a couple years ago. Makes me wish these were up for sale for a reasonable price.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
He does one for the original 60GB PS3 that could have been awesome. With the case being so beat up, the paint job was needed. He paints it some pretty regular colors that actually looked really good, but then just does this bright orange color for parts of it that I can't understand.

He makes it look mostly awesome and gets the insides cleaned up really nicely, puts in some new thermal pads, ect. I'd love to have a spiffy 60GB PS3 to play with again, but what the fuck was he thinking?

MfZgDip.png

Unknown?

Might just be me but they look terrible lol. Not into the whole "gamer" aesthetic. The One X and now Series X are IMO the best looking consoles ever made precisely because they don't look like game consoles.
If you think the Series X looks amazing, let me direct you to the GameCube. It's a sleeker, smaller version.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I wouldn't mind a all black PS2 with Glass/Gloss top
Looks pretty cool

Umbral

He does one for the original 60GB PS3 that could have been awesome. With the case being so beat up, the paint job was needed. He paints it some pretty regular colors that actually looked really good, but then just does this bright orange color for parts of it that I can't understand.

He makes it look mostly awesome and gets the insides cleaned up really nicely, puts in some new thermal pads, ect. I'd love to have a spiffy 60GB PS3 to play with again, but what the fuck was he thinking?

MfZgDip.png
See, this one would have been great with just the grey two-tone.

I do wonder if these machines start stinking once they heat up the spray paint.

Grinchy

Banned
See, this one would have been great with just the grey two-tone.

I do wonder if these machines start stinking once they heat up the spray paint.

That's a good point. I never thought about there being some consequences of painting those heat shields. I wonder if he picked a specific kind of paint knowing this or if he just sees these more as art pieces than something he'll actually use.

MrFunSocks

Banned
If you think the Series X looks amazing, let me direct you to the GameCube. It's a sleeker, smaller version.
Nah, the gamecube looks like a game console/toy. It's got a handle, it's got 4 controller ports on it, it's got different coloured panels on it, it's got buttons everywhere. The Series X is pretty much a black box with a slot for a disc and that's it.

I didn't say the Series X looks amazing btw. I said it's the best looking game console because it doesn't look like a game console. Like I said, it's an inoffensive black box that will disappear nicely in any entertainment unit without looking gaudy. The PS5 screams "GAMER!!!!!!!!".

Last edited:
Top Bottom