• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This has got to be the biggest leak in video game history, right?

Is this the biggest leak in video game history

• Total voters

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I mean, the amount of shit covered in this MS leak, the entire Xbox roadmap, from future console plans, to game release roadmaps, to unnannounced games, and even acquisition plans - this is bigger than the GTA 6 leak.

It just keeps on giving.

Biggest leak in video game history?

Last edited:

Kurotri

There's been some insane things going on for a few years. The nvidia leak, GTA6 as you mentioned, and this one. I think the Microsoft stuff takes the cake. We now have a first idea of what they are shooting for when it comes to next gen( 2 systems, "hybrid cloud" and such, 2028 release) a full 5 years before release. Sure, some things may change as they always do, but it's pretty big regardless. Add in the refreshers (if you could even call em that) and I think it's hard to surpass that.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Chuck Norris Yes GIF by Sony Pictures Television

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
One of the biggest easily. I voted no.

For the sensitivity of it, its hard to say its not.

The competition clearly has details of their future plans....all thanks to MS.

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
The response from Microsoft will determine if this leak is the biggest or not. For me there is nothing that can get even close. But their actions will determine if they can move on or if they will try to correct it somehow. Will they change plans like Sony was changing dates of their State of Play because it was getting leaked? Will they adress it, internaly or to the public? And will that leak too?

Last edited:

Tsaki

If it was just 1st party software releases it would be a big leak, but this encompasses software, hardware, cloud, future research, back and forth between top executives, vital Game Pass stats, etc. And it is even more important since their immediate competitors can alter their development and marketing plans to counter all those things. It's a huge fuck up.

Del_X

Biggest confidential documents fuck-up for sure.

Bethesda new titles are exciting. Hardware was definitely kinda weak outside of a commitment to ML cores. I don't think we need to wait until 2028 to see hardware capable of what they're after.

StereoVsn

I still can't believe FTC f-d up that badly. I mean this is ridiculous amount of permission allowance.

But yeah, probably the biggest leak considering sensitivity of the data and various revelations.

Flutta

Banned
I would call it the most important leak in video game history. This leak will hopefully do more good than harm. 👌

Last edited:

TexMex

It’s big but a little overblown I guess. I’m looking at an unsurprising list of games any reasonable person could have predicted, as well as some extremely standard fare mid gen hardware updates.

Phil daydreaming about buying Nintendo or Valve isn’t especially wild to me either. Who wouldn’t want to acquire those? If those were reality based and moving forward in a meaningful way, I’d feel differently.

Hugare

Nvidia was also pretty huge (and it keeps on giving to this day)

But yeah, this is probably the biggest one. Exposing even new consoles is huge.

I mean, the amount of shit covered in this MS leak, the entire Xbox roadmap, from future console plans, to game release roadmaps, to unnannounced games, and even acquisition plans - this is bigger than the GTA 6 leak.

It just keeps on giving.

Biggest leak in video game history?

And I thought the FY'97 Sega document leak was big. Nah, this eclipses it.

Apparently there's a shit ton of stuff and I've only scratched the surface. This will take days to get through if not longer.

PS: Does anyone know where I can access the files? Wanna download them before, well, anything happens.

It’s big but a little overblown I guess. I’m looking at an unsurprising list of games any reasonable person could have predicted, as well as some extremely standard fare mid gen hardware updates.

Phil daydreaming about buying Nintendo or Valve isn’t especially wild to me either. Who wouldn’t want to acquire those? If those were reality based and moving forward in a meaningful way, I’d feel differently.

"Thought experiments", right? 🙄

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I wonder how many new game studios Microsoft will buy from the forthcoming FTC lawsuit settlement?

The Nintendo revelations are damning once the dust settles and people get a chance to digest what's going on. These guys are literally praying for Nintendo's downfall so their proxy investor can keep buying shares for eventual control, it sounds illegal but something tells me it's A-OK in the good 'ol US of A.

If it was just 1st party software releases it would be a big leak, but this encompasses software, hardware, cloud, future research, back and forth between top executives, vital Game Pass stats, etc. And it is even more important since their immediate competitors can alter their development and marketing plans to counter all those things. It's a huge fuck up.

Couldn't of happened to a more deserving company, then.

Well, besides maybe Meta.

Not sure what you're implying.

Previous email leaks talking about acquisitions, "spending Sony out of business" etc. were phrased by Phil Spencer and co as just "thought experiments".

And yet right after they've made plays to buy two of the largest 3P publishers in the industry. So, not really "thought experiments" after all. And it gets much deeper than that.

Last edited:
Hands down! Glad to have contributed to the dissemination of the leaks lol!

Edit: MS pls don't subpoena NeoGAF to get me and the other thread starters into trouble. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Edit2: Promise that the 7 copies of the doc I have (1 copy on my PC, 1 copy on my phone and 5 other copies in the cloud) will be deleted. XD

Last edited:
Hands down! Glad to have contributed to the dissemination of the leaks lol!

You got a link to where the docs are at, by chance?

The Nintendo revelations are damning once the dust settles and people get a chance to digest what's going on. These guys are literally praying for Nintendo's downfall so their proxy investor can keep buying shares for eventual control, it sounds illegal but something tells me it's A-OK in the good 'ol US of A.

Yep. This is the one that makes me want to vomit the most.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Everybody keeps calling this a fuck up.

*insert Brady Bunch Marsha gif here*

I'm pretty sure this was intentional. FTC opened this up after the archive was closed to the public and this ends up in the documents? You don't fuck this up. This was absolutely intentional.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Everybody keeps calling this a fuck up.

*insert Brady Bunch Marsha gif here*

I'm pretty sure this was intentional. FTC opened this up after the archive was closed to the public and this ends up in the documents? You don't fuck this up. This was absolutely intentional.
Intentional on MS's part or intentional on the FTC?

Banjo64

cumsessed
Never in my life have I seen such a leak. Literal new hardware and software combined with pictures, costings and release windows whilst giving direct access to the highest level of the company. I feel like the amount of information is overwhelming.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I don’t seee the big deal to all being leaked. I feel like I missed another document. Fallout 3 remaster is the only thing I saw that excited me.

Holammer

Nvidia leak is bigger (and still delivers), but this is different with the insights into day to day dealings and policy for Microsoft.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Read the link and the thread. The headline says it all.
I would still wanna read the full article. Bloomberg reports what one person says. Does the article identify this person?

After the Starfield interview, I'm more likely to take anything Bloomberg says about Microsoft with a huge grain of salt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom