• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This has got to be the biggest leak in video game history, right?

Is this the biggest leak in video game history

• Total voters

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I would still wanna read the full article. Bloomberg reports what one person says. Does the article identify this person?

After the Starfield interview, I'm more likely to take anything Bloomberg says about Microsoft with a huge grain of salt.
The FTC aren't the ones that do the uploading. It's the companies legal staffers that are responsible by certain deadlines.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Narratives™
So somebody at Xbox, basically uploaded their entire plan up to 2030....mistakenly. Who is responsible for reopening the document archive (i don't know the official name of the resource) to the public?

Last edited:
So, is this the same thing as the Azure leak, or did MS leak 38T of Azure data at the same time as the FTC game leak stuff happened?

diffusionx

Gold Member
Nvidia leak because it's the gift that keeps on giving. Every few months a game from that leak is announced officially.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Its the most sinister portrait of what's happening behind the scenes yes.
Wacky Races Lol GIF by Boomerang Official

Never in my life have I seen such a leak. Literal new hardware and software combined with pictures, costings and release windows whilst giving direct access to the highest level of the company. I feel like the amount of information is overwhelming.
Not only that, it even confirmed a release date for next generation hardware which is 2028. Absolutely bonkers. Also, is the wording "Next Gen" the actual title of the next thing? Or is that a placeholder name? Because all of the names on here are official/final names of the consoles.

xCBwekY.png

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
Microsoft has just Beta tested the reaction to its next console.

..and the message they'll get isn't one they'll like.

So it may have done everyone a massive favour.

Microsoft has just Beta tested the reaction to its next console.

..and the message they'll get isn't one they'll like.

So it may have done everyone a massive favour.
This could be a blessing in disguise and they could come up with different plans instead and throw in a curveball no one saw coming.

dem

I mean.. the new hardware leak is just a refresh. It's not real exciting. It happens all the time.

I can't figure out if the Series X is a cylinder or flat back rounded front.

Last edited:
if not the biggest, it's definitely the most disastrous leak ever

the brand is already on the ropes and these leaks reveal almost nothing but panic, nefarious corporate schemes, unsustainable gamepass costs, and cloud hardware that nobody wants or ever will want

just when i thought i couldn't loathe microsoft anymore i see 400 leak threads and none of them are anything to get excited about aside from the Fallout 3 remaster maybe

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Because these people didn’t read the article and just assumed they knew what happened.
The first person I saw who reported this was Destin Legare at like 2:30 in the morning today, CST. I don't recall whether he blamed the FTC or not, but given the fact that I came away from that video blaming the FTC....I'm pretty sure it came from him. Though I'm pretty sure it was most likely reported on twitter (X?) first. So given the timing of the Bloomberg article...this is fresher information.

DJ12

I mean, the amount of shit covered in this MS leak, the entire Xbox roadmap, from future console plans, to game release roadmaps, to unnannounced games, and even acquisition plans - this is bigger than the GTA 6 leak.

It just keeps on giving.

Biggest leak in video game history?
Is it a leak if it comes from the source itself, surely that's just an PR release.

The state of Microsoft right now they might have done it to see if any of their ideas actually resonate with the console gaming population.

May as well find out no one gives a shit now than spend billions on r and d for something people don't want.

hinch7

Nvidia leak was way more spicy for upcoming games but as in internal POV, coming from a CEO and management its pretty much there.

I don't think I've ever seen a full product roadmap leaked before either.

Last edited:
So somebody at Xbox, basically uploaded their entire plan up to 2030....mistakenly. Who is responsible for reopening the document archive (i don't know the official name of the resource) to the public?

FWIW, 38 TB of private Azure data also got accidentally leaked today. Is it really plausible to say the FTC have a motive to leak that out as well?

Even if they did, it's a bit weird that only suddenly people want to hold leakers accountable.

if not the biggest, it's definitely the most disastrous leak ever

the brand is already on the ropes and these leaks reveal almost nothing but panic, nefarious corporate schemes, unsustainable gamepass costs, and cloud hardware that nobody wants or ever will want

just when i thought i couldn't loathe microsoft anymore i see 400 leak threads and none of them are anything to get excited about aside from the Fallout 3 remaster maybe

The 10th-gen console plans sound kind of interesting, particularly that they're considering switching out to ARM. Which makes me wonder if Sony may be considering similar.

The mid-gen refresh hardware plans aren't quite as interesting though. And that new Series X looks like an elderly homecare appliance.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Somebody on their legal team uploaded the wrong files. Just like when somebody on Sony's legal team, uploaded the original marker files and not the photo copy versions. The FTC has nothing to do with who uploads and to where.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Somebody on their legal team uploaded the wrong files. Just like when somebody on Sony's legal team, uploaded the original marker files and not the photo copy versions. The FTC has nothing to do with who uploads and to where.
Jesus Christ. Why is it necessary to upload this entire thing in the first place? Wouldn't it come out in court anyways?

It's embarrassing more than anything else.

It shows that even they don't think they can dominate the gaming industry by being the best but rather they are going to dominate it by buying the best.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Apparently it was being handled by their AI research team. Why? We probably won't ever know the truth to that.
The legal team using AI? This is just too much. Why would they delegate some of their most sensitive information to AI?

Like I love AI, don't get me wrong. It draws fantastic titties. Makes cool logos. I even designed my own dragon born DnD character using AI. Handling a trillion dollar company's most guarded secrets?

No.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
The first person I saw who reported this was Destin Legare at like 2:30 in the morning today, CST. I don't recall whether he blamed the FTC or not, but given the fact that I came away from that video blaming the FTC....I'm pretty sure it came from him. Though I'm pretty sure it was most likely reported on twitter (X?) first. So given the timing of the Bloomberg article...this is fresher information.
Ok fair enough, I didn’t see the exact order of events. It seemed like the unspoken assumption was that FTC was given these documents and then leaked them. Now we know that it was an error on MS’s part.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I must be reading this graph/pie chart wrong from that article.

They want 100 millions subs with a VERY SIGNIFICANT portion being Cloud users....in 4 years? So....still this generation.

I'm not confident that they can pull this off. Ok take into consideration if they actually get ABK. That still wouldn't move the needle that significantly. What are they going to do? Get Candy Crush players to sub to gamepass?

100 million is insane. Sony doesn't even have that.

At least now the strategy makes sense and it's the reason they're so desperate for the purchase of Activision because their gaming business literally depends on it upping subs I think Phil has a mandate handed down to him

A huge chunk of their entire business is selling subs. Businesses of their size need to get into some sort of heavily cyclical model eventually because just selling "the product" will lead to stagnation.

Microsoft uploaded these things themselves

What are the odds any of this is real as opposed to being fakes which are meant to fool court observers and competitors?

They aren't fake. MS could risk their business license by submitting false documents to the FTC in a legal investigation regarding a massive M&A.

At least, I'm assuming with high probability that's what they would risk having happen. Not worth it to lie about these things. They'd technically be lying to investors & shareholders as well, which is also massive.

The only way they could achieve that figure in this timeframe would be to put Gamepass on every platform imaginable, including their competitors platforms.

Which is impossible because without massive structural changes, Sony & Nintendo won't let Game Pass on their platform...

...unless Microsoft were to buy up enough 3P publishers to then pressure Sony, Nintendo etc. to accept their terms in getting Game Pass or else risk losing access to all of those games 🤔...

At least now the strategy makes sense and it's the reason they're so desperate for the purchase of Activision because their gaming business literally depends on it upping subs I think Phil has a mandate handed down to him

But the funny thing is, Phil Spencer's the one who sold that roadmap to Satya Nadella, Brad Smith etc. in the first place. So, they're only going by the promises he made to them, to get this stuff done.

I imagine those guys don't have infinite patience; at some point they're going to demand some big results from Phil or kick him to the curb.

Top Bottom