• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is why I don't like XBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drop the Console Warring bait.
Business meeting, lol huh wut??
First of all, this was supposed to be a business meeting. Yet they tried talking to both the gamers as well as their stakeholders. In the end they failed to communicate anything substantial to either. Gamers want to know which games are coming to other platforms and which platforms they mean, as well as what other games they can expect to follow this course. Stakeholders however want to see numbers and a clear business plan. By no means is 34 million GamePass subscribers something to write home about, especially because PlayStation has over 50 million subscribers. Even last year XBOX had over 40 million subscribers, so they actually dropped. Also saying "Oh yeh we had lay offs, but other companies did it too", is definitely not a good look. Growth growth growth, but hey we just laid off 1900 people, plus our GamePass subscribers is less than last year. Maybe focus on keeping your current customers instead of growing it?

Just 4 games, believe me bro
Clearly this is a lie. Of course they are just gonna bring 4 games to other platforms, ever (cough cough). Like how gullible do they think their fan base is? If I were an XBOX fan, I would be pissed right now, thinking they can lie to me like that. Phil Spencer tweeting "Yeh we hear you and we care" and then coming up with this 22 min marketing bs talking mostly about cross play and cross saves is just weak. XBOX not giving a clear answer last week is because they couldn't. They need to make a 22 min video talking around it, trying to divert and change sentiment. As a gamer it's extremely condescending that XBOX thinks we are that gullible. As an investor, it's extremely concerning to think that this is the best PR speak that Phil, Sarah and Matt are able to come up with. The contradiction in Phil's words in just this 22 min video is laughable. XBOX is about everyone being able to play XBOX games. If everyone plays, we all win. Just these 4 games though, definitely not all.

Palworld's success is all because of XBOX
It's really distasteful seeing Sarah making it seem that Palword is a hit because XBOX enabled them to. Like bitch sit the fuck down, it's the other way around. Pocketpair gave XBOX a helping hand. If XBOX is truly so great, then why aren't the 1st party XBOX games a smash hit?

We are Phil Spencer, Sarah Bond and Matt Booty, guess how many balls we got? XBOX NONE
It's kind of crazy seeing the 3 big wigs speak for 22 min about irrelevant bs. For real, grow some balls and just say where you are heading. Speak either to the stakeholders, or to the gamers. Or speak to both but with a clear vision and direction, instead of beating around the bush. That nervous laughter at the end just screams, "Yeh we are lying to both our fan base as well as our investors, thank fuck we are done with this 22 min bs".

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

man, some of y'all need to take a breath.
when you feel the urge to post a tumblr post, don't.
Great advise, lemme ring Phil, Sarah and Matt real quick for this.

I JUST read a thread saying Sony helped From Soft with Elden Ring.
Now I should hate Sony.
I ain't praising Sony, it's a business deal. Nothing is ever for free. I'm sure Sony doing this is just their way of trying to secure some exclusivity, or at the very least helping their own team. As Sony has a stake in Kadokawa. The difference is, you don't see Sony making a 22 min video beating on their chests saying they helped From Soft.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I actually love Xbox. The games, and the sub. But they're devaluing the hardware and ecosystem. If every screen is an Xbox then pick the screen that has Xbox plus more shit. They didnt do anything at all today to make the hardware seem worth it.

The message of taking your gaming anywhere means their console must be an open store PC in the future. If its a walled console you arent taking anything anywhere while every other screen is an Xbox plus more.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
This is definitely probably a gold thread. In before the gold beggars (please shower me 🤷‍♂️).

Edit - but seriously, wtf…argue in the other 163 threads. We all (kind of), respect each others opinions on what’s happening…but threads like this are just disrespectful toward people who don’t agree with your feelings lol

Last edited:
I actually love Xbox. The games, and the sub. But they're devaluing the hardware and ecosystem. If every screen is an Xbox then pick the screen that has Xbox plus more shit. They didnt do anything at all today to make the hardware seem worth it.

The message of taking your gaming anywhere means their console must be an open store PC in the future. If its a walled console you arent taking anything anywhere while every other screen is an Xbox plus more.
This is why they are pivoting to next gen. Although they did say that XBOX is supposed to be where it plays best. However, this argument is tough to get behind, given if you have a strong PC, you can probably outdo any console.

StueyDuck

Business meeting, lol huh wut??
First of all, this was supposed to be a business meeting. Yet they tried talking to both the gamers as well as their stakeholders. In the end they failed to communicate anything substantial to either. Gamers want to know which games are coming to other platforms and which platforms they mean, as well as what other games they can expect to follow this course. Stakeholders however want to see numbers and a clear business plan. By no means is 34 million GamePass subscribers something to write home about, especially because PlayStation has over 50 million subscribers. Even last year XBOX had over 40 million subscribers, so they actually dropped. Also saying "Oh yeh we had lay offs, but other companies did it too", is definitely not a good look. Growth growth growth, but hey we just laid off 1900 people, plus our GamePass subscribers is less than last year. Maybe focus on keeping your current customers instead of growing it?

Just 4 games, believe me bro
Clearly this is a lie. Of course they are just gonna bring 4 games to other platforms, ever (cough cough). Like how gullible do they think their fan base is? If I were an XBOX fan, I would be pissed right now, thinking they can lie to me like that. Phil Spencer tweeting "Yeh we hear you and we care" and then coming up with this 22 min marketing bs talking mostly about cross play and cross saves is just weak. XBOX not giving a clear answer last week is because they couldn't. They need to make a 22 min video talking around it, trying to divert and change sentiment. As a gamer it's extremely condescending that XBOX thinks we are that gullible. As an investor, it's extremely concerning to think that this is the best PR speak that Phil, Sarah and Matt are able to come up with. The contradiction in Phil's words in just this 22 min video is laughable. XBOX is about everyone being able to play XBOX games. If everyone plays, we all win. Just these 4 games though, definitely not all.

Palworld's success is all because of XBOX
It's really distasteful seeing Sarah making it seem that Palword is a hit because XBOX enabled them to. Like bitch sit the fuck down, it's the other way around. Pocketpair gave XBOX a helping hand. If XBOX is truly so great, then why aren't the 1st party XBOX games a smash hit?

We are Phil Spencer, Sarah Bond and Matt Booty, guess how many balls we got? XBOX NONE
It's kind of crazy seeing the 3 big wigs speak for 22 min about irrelevant bs. For real, grow some balls and just say where you are heading. Speak either to the stakeholders, or to the gamers. Or speak to both but with a clear vision and direction, instead of beating around the bush. That nervous laughter at the end just screams, "Yeh we are lying to both our fan base as well as our investors, thank fuck we are done with this 22 min bs".
This isn't an xbox thing but a Microsoft thing.

They've been doing this PR fluff nonsense forever

This is definitely probably a gold thread. In before the gold beggars (please shower me 🤷‍♂️).

Edit - but seriously, wtf…argue in the other 163 threads. We all (kind of), respect each others opinions on what’s happening…but threads like this are just disrespectful toward people who don’t agree with your feelings lol
The other threads are either about speculating about the podcast or about the future of XBOX. This thread is created with the intention on calling out the bs marketing.

This isn't an xbox thing but a Microsoft thing.

They've been doing this PR fluff nonsense forever
And I guess it works, seeing how people respond. I guess people are fine being lied to.

MarkMe2525

I missed it today, but did MS even state that they were going to ONLY port these 4 games, and no more in the future? I seriously doubt that statement was made and this is a false dilemma.

Lillie

I missed it today, but did MS even state that they were going to ONLY port these 4 games, and no more in the future? I seriously doubt that statement was made and this is a false dilemma.
That's what they said but at 07:22 of the video on youtube, Matt said "...we want to bring more of our games to more players so we are going to continue to look at that"

it would be foolish to think it's only 4

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

That's what they said but at 07:22 of the video on youtube, Matt said "...we want to bring more of our games to more players so we are going to continue to look at that"

That's my point, the OP frames it as if MS is lying by insinuating these will be the only games ported. I just listened to the timestamp and Mr. Booty does the opposite and says that they will be looking at more titles in the future.

Edit: oh geez, I just read the rest of the OP and it got worse. "I would be pissed!!" "How can Phil lie to Xbox fans like that!". Good grief, go take a nap 😅

Last edited:
"I didn't get their goodies now I'm upset"
Lol what goodies? There's none.

This is Matt's way of saying "All games are going multiplatform, but if we say that now, the world is gonna lose its shit, so we have to take it slow to avoid bad sentiment as much as possible".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom