• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2: What Went Wrong?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
"What went wrong" when it comes to Titanfall 2 it's almost fucking insulting.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I recently did the master campaign during quarntine on the quest for 200k achievement points.

Tfall is truly one of the best feeling fps games ever. And I absolutely love it.

However, it had a ton of issues with progression and variety. You could get really good at tfall with the base loadout and have a great time but when it came to finding a playstyle that you enjoyed or to find a weapon that countered a particular loadout it was crazy shallow.

It was much more old school in that the best way to fight the best loadout is to simply be better and that type of gameplay honestly just isn't the norm now a days.

It also lacked real progression in terms of unlocks and weapon customization. There wasn't a lot you could do with the weapons and such, which again just doesn't fly in the modern era.

Tfall 2 also launched in a not so great state. The maps were decent at best and it felt like the devs took too much of the community's feedback to heart and created more maps that favored the pilots vs the pilot Titan combo. The entire multiplayer was watered down to focus less on Titans which is absurd when looking at it now but at the time it's what the fans claimed they wanted.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
My ears before playing Titanfall 2: "Titanfall 2 is the best FPS campaign of the generation. Criminally underrated."

I buy Titanfall 2 for free on PS+

My experience playing Titanfall 2: "Oh this is one of those games where the developers panic if you haven't shot at something in 4 seconds, and think players get upset when you give them anything other than linear levels".

Game. Is. Trash.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
EA put Titanfall 2 between Battlefield 1 and COD: IW. Enough said. Shame too because it's one of the best FPS games I have played and completed this generation.

Top Bottom