• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU2 - Thread Only For Fans - No Haters Allowed

How do you rate TLOU2:

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10 - Still an amazing game but a little bit worse than Part 1

• 10/10 - trully an amazing like a first game

• 11/10 - It's a masterpiece, even better than the first game

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
492.jpg
If its anything like Blue Planet I am in.

pawel86ck

Banned
it's not about conspiracy theory it's about opening precedents to create a safe space thread free of criticisms you don't want to have in it i.e free of "your hateful opinion".
If you havent noticed many people in my thread have critized TLOU2, but done that without trolling. People who really played the game can look at it from the whole picture, and no honest gamer will give this game lower than 5/10, because there are too many strong points besides the story.

If you dont want to contribute here in any meaningful way and my thread rules are too much for you, then please troll in other thread made for people with such motives.

Last edited:

Barnabot

If you havent noticed many people in my thread have critized TLOU2, but done that without trolling. People who really played the game can look at it from the whole picture, and no honest gamer will give this game lower than 5/10, because there are too many strong points besides the story.

If you dont want to contribute here in any meaningful way and my thread rules are too much for you, then please post your frustrations about the game in the other thread made for people like you.

that's your problem right here

and no honest gamer will give this game lower than 5/10

you are already establishing a rule right here about people having opinions. the story is the selling point of the game and you are trying to defend your point by dismissing that by using "there too many strong points besides the story". no. it's not. you're not playing a pokemon game.

If you dont want to contribute here in any meaningful way and my thread rules are too much for you

your thread rules have problems. who are you to decide who is fan and who is not? i'm a fan of the first game but could anyone being considered as a hater just because they haven't played the second game but watched the youtube videos and knew what this game was about and decided to not buy it?

i'll leave you in peace for now with you safespace thread. that's what safespaces are made for afterall.

pawel86ck

Banned
that's your problem right here

you are already establishing a rule right here about people having opinions. the story is the selling point of the game and you are trying to defend your point by dismissing that by using "there too many strong points besides the story". no. it's not. you're not playing a pokemon game.

your thread rules have problems. who are you to decide who is fan and who is not? i'm a fan of the first game but could anyone being considered as a hater just because they haven't played the second game but watched the youtube videos and knew what this game was about and decided to not buy it?

i'll leave you in peace for now with you safespace thread. that's what safespaces are made for afterall.
You have admited you havent played the game, so I'm not interested hearing your impressions, BECAUSE WE ARE TALKING HERE ABOUT REAL GAME INSTEAD OF SOME YT MOVIE.

I'm creator of this thread and like it or not, but moderators have allowed me to keep these rules. These rules are fair because I'm only excluding trolls. People who really played the game and just want to share their honest impression are welcomed here even if they are disappointed. In fact some disappointed people have even admitted they would have to be trolling if they would rate such detailed game 0/10, because there are many positives here even of someone dont like the story.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
This gameplay capture really well how brutal this game is.

BTW. revange is always a good story in my book and especually after first game, when authors build the connection with the main character. What's your opinion about the story after completing the whole game? Do you agree with people, who say game has 0/10 story?

It's pretty brutal, that scene seems like mild compared to other stuff in the game.

And about the people giving not only 0/10, but even an 8/10 is an extreme stretch for a negative opinion. What are they comparing it to? How many games are this high in standards? Those must be the COD/Fortnite hordes who are pretty much brainless. The story itself is a 10/10, wonderful perspectives giving you a wider, interesting view into one thing and another. Most people whine because they're not used to see heroes (if that's a thing) die, just like Hollywood's generic movies, and even games like Desmond Miles in Assassin's Creed. They'll keep bitching about it and if the dev is weak enough will make a prequel or a remake, or make some sorcery or trickery to undo the death of the main character.

It was refreshing, and pretty much thoughtful to make such story, not kill them all and beat your chest like a gorilla and all of them are just bad and fuck them all! Yes, it puts more care about lives inside their game, and makes you the judge. Not everything is black and white, just like in real life.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
OP you can't open a onlyfan topic with a poll that gave me the chance to score the game a 5\10...

Where is a perfect shill topic from miyazakihateskojima when you need one...

DjMystix

Are we talking spoilers here? I'll avoid them but I'm really glad I ended up playing this game. I got the game spoiled a month ago and was hating the game based on those leaks. But the leaked storyline was so ridiculous I didn't want to believe it and I also didn't want to trust those salty youtubers so decided to give it a try.

I think this game was excellent. IMO it gives you the closure you need towards the end of the game. No one assassinated Joel's character here, that is so ridiculous. If anything, you will love Joel even more after you play this game. The flashbacks between Joel and Ellie were some of the most beautiful moments in the game.

Other than the length of the game and some minor issues with characters, I think overall, it was a fantastic experience.

pawel86ck

Banned
It's pretty brutal, that scene seems like mild compared to other stuff in the game.

And about the people giving not only 0/10, but even an 8/10 is an extreme stretch for a negative opinion. What are they comparing it to? How many games are this high in standards? Those must be the COD/Fortnite hordes who are pretty much brainless. The story itself is a 10/10, wonderful perspectives giving you a wider, interesting view into one thing and another. Most people whine because they're not used to see heroes (if that's a thing) die, just like Hollywood's generic movies, and even games like Desmond Miles in Assassin's Creed. They'll keep bitching about it and if the dev is weak enough will make a prequel or a remake, or make some sorcery or trickery to undo the death of the main character.

It was refreshing, and pretty much thoughtful to make such story, not kill them all and beat your chest like a gorilla and all of them are just bad and fuck them all! Yes, it puts more care about lives inside their game, and makes you the judge. Not everything is black and white, just like in real life.
Thats the thing, people are used to fairy tale stories.
I however like when things will not go well for the main characters, because that's something different. What's more Naughty Dog has done that with really great impact (maybe even never seen before in any game or movie), because people build connection with TLOU1 characters since 2013 and no one was expecting things can change so drastically in part 2. I think people in part 2 can really experience how it's like to lose someone they really cared about. I look at TLOU 1-2 as a whole, and I think ND goal was to make a story where people can experience wide range of emotions. There's everything here, sympathy, love, hate, revange and finally acceptance. For me these both games as a whole are a true masterpiece and I dont remember any game or movie that would make such big impact on me. That's why I have created this thread, because I admire what ND has done. People giving TLOU2 scores like 0/10 are obviously trollong and I think my thread proves that. Just look, there are people in this thread who are really disappointed because of the story, but their score is still far cry from 0/10.

Humdinger

Gold Member
Many threds here have their own rules, so I have created my own because I want honest discussion about this game instead of trolling and that's why I have writen simple and fair rules. People who see nothing but negatives or who didnt even played the game are obviously trolling and not interested in honest disscusion. If you just want to hate the game there are other placed for that here on neogaf.

If you'd like my suggestion, next time, just set up a thread "For people who liked TLoU2" Don't include any "rules" and don't tell anyone they aren't "allowed." You're just going to get backlash if you do that. People don't like being told what to do or that their opinions aren't allowed. You're also assuming an authority you don't have. You're not an admin or mod, so you can't set up rules about who can talk and who can't (not that the mods or admins do this anyway, thank goodness).

I think it would've gone over much better if you had just started a thread called "Thread for people who enjoy TLoU 2" or something like that, then explained that you wanted a place where people who are enjoying the game can talk about it, without being drowned in the constant negativity you hear everywhere else. You could ask politely for people to be considerate. But don't tell them what the "rules" are and that they "aren't allowed." You're only going to get pushback if you do that.

Last edited:

Extreme strech? Please. I gave it an 8/10, you can find my summary further up. I'm not a mindless zombie. The game isn't perfect and it kinda kills one of the foundations it was built on in storytelling. The way the game is presented is incredibly disjointed and it makes some of the major story beats have less impact because you find the motivations for the characters AFTER they've already gotten to point of revenge. Which is a fine story telling mechanism in general, it just doesn't work here for me. If it was a different game where the story was not THE main selling point, I'd care less, but it is THE main selling point of the series and they flubbed it pretty good. If it was stand alone, with characters I didn't know, I'd honestly probably not care about what the story does. It's still a good game and should be played by most people, but it's an 8/10 for me. I'd say my favorite games are The Witcher series, Dishonored, Deep Rock Galactic, Fallout, Alan Wake, BotW etc. I love a good story, a lot of my favorite games have them, but some don't. Deep Rock Galactic barely has a story at all and I adore the game, because the story isn't the foundation of what the game is built on.

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
If you'd like my suggestion, next time, just set up a thread "For people who liked TLoU2" Don't include any "rules" and don't tell anyone they aren't "allowed." You're just going to get backlash if you do that. People don't like being told what to do or that their opinions aren't allowed. You're also assuming an authority you don't have. You're not an admin or mod, so you can't set up rules about who can talk and who can't (not that the mods or admins do this anyway, thank goodness).

I think it would've gone over much better if you had just started a thread called "Thread for people who enjoy TLoU 2" or something like that, then explained that you wanted a place where people who are enjoying the game can talk about it, without being drowned in the constant negativity you hear everywhere else. You could ask politely for people to be considerate. But don't tell them what the "rules" are and that they "aren't allowed." You're only going to get pushback if you do that.
Thanks for the suggestions, but it looks like my own way of doing things passed the exam. Discussion in this thread is valuable and people share their honest opinions about the game like I wanted. Before every single thread about TLOU2 was a war, and my thread has finally changed that. Yes, some people tried to derail the thread but most of them were cool enough to say what they wanted and later on they went somewhere else (only two guys losed their nerve). If I would do things your way I'm not so sure if trolls would stay away from this thread, because they cant stand when people can talk positively about something they hate 🙂.

Humdinger

Gold Member
Thanks for the suggestions, but it looks like my own way of doing things passed the exam. Discussion in this thread is valuable and people share their honest opinions about the game like I wanted. Before every single thread about TLOU2 was a war, and my thread has finally changed that. Yes, some people tried to derail the thread but most of them were cool enough to say what they wanted and later on they went somewhere else (only two guys losed their nerve). If I would do things your way I'm not so sure if trolls would stay away from this thread, because they cant stand when people can talk positively about something they hate 🙂.

Right, the trolls wouldn't have stayed away completely. But you wouldn't have gotten nearly as much flak as you did. Your attempt to impose "rules" and tell people who was "allowed" to speak only produced more of the hate you wanted to avoid.

You can dismiss my opinion if you like, but I've been around forums for decades, been a mod, and know how this stuff works. The reaction you got was completely predictable. It could've been avoided with a little less "respect mah authoritah" and a little more tact.

But if you're happy with the results, carry on.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Extreme strech? Please. I gave it an 8/10, you can find my summary further up. I'm not a mindless zombie. The game isn't perfect and it kinda kills one of the foundations it was built on in storytelling. The way the game is presented is incredibly disjointed and it makes some of the major story beats have less impact because you find the motivations for the characters AFTER they've already gotten to point of revenge. Which is a fine story telling mechanism in general, it just doesn't work here for me. If it was a different game where the story was not THE main selling point, I'd care less, but it is THE main selling point of the series and they flubbed it pretty good. If it was stand alone, with characters I didn't know, I'd honestly probably not care about what the story does. It's still a good game and should be played by most people, but it's an 8/10 for me. I'd say my favorite games are The Witcher series, Dishonored, Deep Rock Galactic, Fallout, Alan Wake, BotW etc. I love a good story, a lot of my favorite games have them, but some don't. Deep Rock Galactic barely has a story at all and I adore the game, because the story isn't the foundation of what the game is built on.

Yup, you're still at the very lowest acceptable to me with 8/10 :lollipop_wink_tongue: . I acknowledge your point of view, and I'm not a fan of some new methods in the movies and series in general of backward storytelling. Overall, it has a good impact for me, it made me rethink before judging the characters in the game. It kinda shows you that not everything is 100% wrong nor 100% right, that's the good thing of the backward story-telling. But it's a fair point. The mindless zombies are those with the 0-5 out of 10.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom