• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMZ: Carrie Fisher suffers cardiac arrest on plane (Up: in ICU, condition unknown)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently listened to an interview she gave with NPR about her latest book, The Princess Diarist, and upon hearing this news I hoped that Gary was okay. Pull through, Carrie.

90% of people of suffer cardiac arrest outside of a hospital don't make it. With ten minutes of not breathing on top of that, it's best to start preparing for the worst unfortunately.
It must be awful to be that EMT. Even though CPR barely actually works, it would be impossible not to feel partly responsible.

antonz

Yeah unfortunately unless she managed to respond to the CPR its not looking good. CPR is not some magic healing. You either respond to it or you don't.

Hope she pulls through.

Pachinko

10 minutes is a long ass time to go :( I had an uncle in his late 50's who went 6 minutes , they put him on ice (literally) and then slowly brought him back. He's still around now but has a pace maker. What I'm saying is don't lose hope here folks.

Carcetti

Yeah unfortunately unless she managed to respond to the CPR its not looking good. CPR is not some magic healing. You either respond to it or you don't.

Yes, and the success ratio is terrible in general. It's nothing like on the TV.

Just horrible, straight before christmas.

oh for fuck's sake, this sounds really bad. I hope that she makes it through, but a heart attack on a place and especially with 10 minutes of not breathing doesn't make it sounds very promising. Still hoping for a miracle though.

Plum

10 minutes is a long ass time to go :( I had an uncle in his late 50's who went 6 minutes , they put him on ice (literally) and then slowly brought him back. He's still around now but has a pace maker. What I'm saying is don't lose hope here folks.

This. My granddad had multiple major heartattacks throughout his life before he died; you can come back from something like this. Just hope for the best, because it can happen

Was that tweet from just another passenger? They may not know whether she was breathing or not or for how long.

The situation overall is very bad, though.

ValeYard

Hope she's ok :( At least she got CPR so oxygen was still being pumped round. I've heard of people coming back from worse, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom